Do you think venison tastes gamey?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunters are obviously attritionist, you boob, and any kind of argument otherwise will only prove how much of a boob you really are. Of course, modern attrition hunting is far different than attrition hunting used by the trapper ausf D but the similarities are so simple to see that even a boob such as you has to admit to them.

And Berli is a noted historical revisionist, why look at this post if you need any proof:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/017323.html

Who's the Boob?

It's quite obviously obvious that a hunter needs to maneuver to catch the deer. That would make him a maneuverist, because he maneuvers, get it? The British spell it maneuvre, or some crappy way like that.

Now when the hunter gets to the deer, he attrites it. That makes him attritionist, so he changes doctrinal stances mid-shooting. But nobody addresses that fact that he uses a gun, which seems a little rough on the poor deer, unless he's a deedA3E8, in which he's got gyrostabilized traction control, and shift on the fly four wheel drive, which negates the chubbum armor on the front of the M1A1 Abrams. Makes sense?

Of course not.

I'd take venision over beef or pork any day. It tastes better, and for the healthy people out there, it has a lot less fat.

I'm not an attritionist, I'm a subsistance-ist, BTW

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

In Australia, gun laws prevent us from hunting with any sort of automatic weaponry. And I think that using thermonuclear devices would be just overkill.

As for gamey, I think my wife's cooking would be a fine example!

Mace

Originally posted by Croda:

Poppycock.

Maneouvreistas like you always twist reality so that anything that moves follows maneuveoueivre warfare. This is patently untrue. The deer obviously follows moaunoueeavre doctrine which is why it fails in the face of the hunter's superior attrition doctrine.

Now if the deer had any smarts, it would dig trenchs, mass arms and trample the hunter, which would be a simple doctrinal change which would have brought about a sea change in hunter/deer dynamic. But no, the deer, being a pea-brained maauoeioauneeuoeaiuoiauvrista like yourself sticks to its flawed doctrine and dies, dies, dies, but produces fine, realistic meat after that.

Originally posted by Hamsters:

There once was a man from Nantucket...

Naturally, you miss the point, you multitude of morons.

By being the attrited the deerA3E8 becomes by nature dead. The hunter then does a manooverish dance of joy. So what you miss is that while entrenching himself and using thermal detonators to thermally detonate the hunter, he is by all definitions being gamey because everyone knows that the hunters in June '44 didn't have thermal detonator blocking mechanisms which would surely allow the deerA3E8 to thermally detonate him.

Poppycock to you, señor.

Originally posted by Croda:

Balderdash.

Hunters didn't have access to thermal detonator blocking mechanisms?!?! Are you insane or stupid or illiterate? Have you read F. Scott Michaelson's 'The Three Thermal Detonator Blocking Mechanisms of The Upper Utah River Valley Area c1943'?!?!? There were only 8 in existence but if the deer had adopted such a strategy, naturally production would have matched it. You imbecile, that dance of joy attrits the good sense of the hunter's comrades, just because he moves to do it doesn't make it mauoaonouuevueeoovoeueeoveeovreist.

Let me take this opportunity to talk to you about, digestive gas. Our new product has saved millions the embarrassment of, gas release. Developed by government scientists for use on the first International Space Station, our product has a proven track record. Side effects were recorded in only a minor percentage of test study subjects, and included loss of hair, constipation, vertigo, temporary blindness, and amnesia. Ask your doctor for a prescription today!

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Guest Michael emrys

And anyway, June of '44 would have put you out of season. I'm reporting you all to the Game Warden, who is in charge of all such gamey tactics (as his official title makes self-evident). Hmph!

Michael

Of course ulitimately we have to ask why BTS has not modeled the deerA3E8 in CM. We have seen the incursion and ultimate inclusion, as sponsored by the Bovine wing of the stationary Jersey. Frankly I'd think the Gurnsey was more apropos vis a vis the time scale we are discussing.

That of course raises the questions as to the ability of the deerA3E8 to run once crew casualities are incurred.

BTS had best fix this flaw, now. I have it on good authority that this unit was involved in many operations in the european theatre, often suffering horrendous losses.

Do somefink or I will be forced to stop playing CM as it totally desroys any sense of relaism for me.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

And anyway, June of '44 would have put you out of season.

Michael

But August '44 wouldn't if you were on Kodiak. Although there weren't any deer on the island until the '50s.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Deer not only taste gamey, they act gamey when they run away to avoid being shot. This can be very disappointing to hunters who invest a lot of time in playing a game with the gamey deer.

Deer are gamey bastards...

------------------

There are good reasons why the movie was called "Patton" rather than "Hodges".

Originally posted by Hamsters:

Hunters are obviously attritionist...

Hamsters, you ignorant... hamster. Perhaps you can attrit from your porch, but most of us must MANEUVER out into the woods before attritting any deer. Hunters are obviously attritionists in your drug induced dreams.

Finally, a topic I know more about than jasoncawley...

I have murdered/harvested lots of deer, with rifle, pistol and arrow (not all at the same time, you ninnies). I ate all the ones that fell over. They are not gamey unless you treat them gamily (do not hug their edges!).

When hunting with firearms, attritionist doctrine is the most effective, while the maneuverist approach entails more skill and less cheesburgerage at the end of the day. In archery, however, ambushionist strategies are most effective, since running around waving a bow and arrow makes the deer go "woot! woot!" and I hate that.

I have used semi- (not full, dolts) automatic weapons to shoot deer, and my observation is that it doesn't matter how the round gets into the chamber, you're only gonna one shot that matters. This is because deer have the reflexes of a forum moderator with a padlo