ahh.. I smell the old times!

The mood in this forum lately reminds me of the times when everybody played the beta demo and eagerly awaited the gold demo and the final game.

There is a glimpse of CM2 on the horizon,

more and more features of the game come to light, everybody is a bit bored or itchy, we have more flames, more padlocks and Steve starts to post more regularly...

Things get definitely more interesting.

;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lindan:

The mood in this forum lately reminds me of the times when everybody played the beta demo and eagerly awaited the gold demo and the final game.

more and more features of the game come to light, everybody is a bit bored or itchy, we have more flames, more padlocks and Steve starts to post more regularly...

;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HERE here!!

too true!

-tom w

What do you know about all of this?!

You should produce bonafide links to Threads from the Past showing without any doubt that you were there and that you have a legacy to post such comments.

If you can't understand the concept of intelligent posting and peer reviewing as stated by Slapdragon himself quoting Rexford (In "I had a penetrating dream") then you'd better pack your things and head off for the Boonies till CMBB is released.

What is that fantasy about people being flamed because of our dire expectancy towards CM2?

I say Pffffttt to your logic!

I don't like you!!

You are mostly German I've been told so you're like an Aitken Light.

Now you Sugar Free Scot, send me a Setup and whatever it is I should say to finish this.

I hope you never did MODs because I'd hate to miss you.

Sheesh!

Try to keep that game from being gigantic.

I'm a Frog, too many soldiers do wonders to my digestive life.

And for the ignorants, I am rude because I am from the Peng Challenge Thread.

Now if I can find myself one of those distinctive piece of yellow clotheware so that Regulars could notice from afar I am different...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lindan:

;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. I said the same thing yesterday in one of the locked threads, the CombatMissions: Tiger mods one I think. 100% agree.

No doubt about it. I've seen other game forums where folks come and go, names change, interest peters off and eventually an entirely new generation of gamers are all that are left on the forum.

Not so with CM. I still see postings from CM'ers that were on here nearly a year ago, and many of those who drifted off are still on here and for crying out loud, the cotton picken ever present Peng thread is still going strong.

I really do not know of any other game, or game company, that has managed to gather together a loyal following of this magnitude with such a lengthly track record. I used to say this alot in the old or older days; the BTS Manifesto is more than words on paper, it is the missing link in game production philosophy and the end results speak for themselves.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

What do you know about all of this?!

You should produce bonafide links to Threads from the Past showing without any doubt that you were there and that you have a legacy to post such comments.

If you can't understand the concept of intelligent posting and peer reviewing as stated by Slapdragon himself quoting Rexford (In "I had a penetrating dream") then you'd better pack your things and head off for the Boonies till CMBB is released.

What is that fantasy about people being flamed because of our dire expectancy towards CM2?

I say Pffffttt to your logic!

I don't like you!!

You are mostly German I've been told so you're like an Aitken Light.

Now you Sugar Free Scot, send me a Setup and whatever it is I should say to finish this.

I hope you never did MODs because I'd hate to miss you.

Sheesh!

Try to keep that game from being gigantic.

I'm a Frog, too many soldiers do wonders to my digestive life.

And for the ignorants, I am rude because I am from the Peng Challenge Thread.

Now if I can find myself one of those distinctive piece of yellow clotheware so that Regulars could notice from afar I am different...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The nice thing about Pawboon is you can read his posts 4 times and still not figure out what the hell he is saying, but still like the guy because he really does try hard. tongue.gif

By the way, there is a new mod for French soldiers Pawboon. It was made by a WW2 German veteran. Unfortunately, it only includes the backs of the soldiers' uniforms. Claims that was the only side he ever got a good look at.

BTW -- Thanks for the e-mail Pawboon. I appreciate it. Je puis voyager à Lyon en quelques mois. Où habitez-vous?

unfortunately, I have to crawl back in my shell. Too much time spent here means too many delays for CMBB :(

I will periodically poke in and out, but people should be prepared to get an answer and then no follow ups. Later, when things are getting close to completion, I will once again spend most of my life answering questions smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

The nice thing about Pawboon is you can read his posts 4 times and still not figure out what the hell he is saying, but still like the guy because he really does try hard. tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good god, Slappy, it's Pawbroon. Don't you know anything about Scottish comic strips?

BTW did anyone see the article in PC Strategy Games that described the mad Frenchman as a genius, because of his Austin Powers mod for the Universal Carrier?

Broon, ya lumbering, cotton pickin', CessPool-dwelling Git, if you don't get a taker for one of those new Berli maps at Der Kessel, pick one and we'll have a go.

Now, that you've exorcised those German AFV demons, maybe you can beat me legit.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moriarty:

Broon, ya lumbering, cotton pickin', CessPool-dwelling Git, if you don't get a taker for one of those new Berli maps at Der Kessel, pick one and we'll have a go.

Now, that you've exorcised those German AFV demons, maybe you can beat me legit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Bocage thingy would be it Mr M.

No unit restriction save for Fionn's Purple Haze of 1972.

Good hunting.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

The nice thing about PawBroon is you can read his posts 4 times and still not figure out what the hell he is saying.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's weird because I actually type those posts exactly 4 times before submitting them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>By the way, there is a new mod for French soldiers Pawboon. It was made by a WW2 German veteran. Unfortunately, it only includes the backs of the soldiers' uniforms. Claims that was the only side he ever got a good look at. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old One really.

I know you know the real value of our Colonials and that of the Legion.

As I said once, why would you want to fight the whole war if some Pvt Ryan is willing to get his ass busted to save yours?

Pray tell?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>BTW -- Thanks for the e-mail PawBroon. I appreciate it. Je puis voyager à Lyon en quelques mois. Où habitez-vous?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well don't mention it.

I thought I was writting to Aitken that why I was being nice.

If I may, EN QUELQUES MOIS is not French.

Peer reviewing would hint to the fact that EN is unsubstantiated and that DANS would have been more historically and gramatically correct.

Needless to say I live in Paris you dork.

That's 2 hours from Paris for those who are Kinetically Challenged.

As a side note, LINDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about that challenge?

I had never been beaten by one of you Krauts!

Come on, even Andreas the Teutonic had bought the Farm time and again against me.

I'm a Frog for Steve & Charles sake!

Anyone real willing?

Am I to understand you ubercyber are all fakes?

Huuh?!

Am I a heretic for saying that I am not completely frothing at the mouth for CMBB? Don't get me wrong, I will be VERY happy when it gets here, buy my 2 or 3 copies, or whatever, but my deep thirsts for wargaming are being served well by CMBO. This is it man. What are you people doing wrong that you need to move on to CMBB, dropping CMBO off at the next block like some cheap whore?

This is not to say that CMBB will not improve upon what we have already. So don't even try arguing that point, especially you Lindan. You've had it out for me since the beginning. You bitch.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

This is not to say that CMBB will not improve upon what we have already. So don't even try arguing that point, especially you Lindan. You've had it out for me since the beginning. You bitch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Foobar,

Don't go and start picking on Lindan. We all hate you and have had it out for you since the beginning.

Lorak

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Am I a heretic for saying that I am not completely frothing at the mouth for CMBB? Don't get me wrong, I will be VERY happy when it gets here, buy my 2 or 3 copies, or whatever, but my deep thirsts for wargaming are being served well by CMBO. This is it man. What are you people doing wrong that you need to move on to CMBB, dropping CMBO off at the next block like some cheap whore?

This is not to say that CMBB will not improve upon what we have already. So don't even try arguing that point, especially you Lindan. You've had it out for me since the beginning. You bitch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Foobar stop now well you still can. tongue.gif

Grrrrr - Lay off the mighty Mr Pawbroon. I will defend him with all the means in my power (ok, not many, I'll admit) right up until the point that the releases his promised Daimler mod, then he's all yours & taunt him an extra one for me.

Just make sure he doesn't withdraw the mod when you really upset him before I have a chance to download it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bastables:

Even here on an operational deployment during stand downs I play CM. The sureal nature of my 'fun' here just prove to me that CM is the greatest game ever!

Mace that turn will come by nightfall.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Och noo, will ye noo look a' tha'? At's tha rascal Blusterbubbles! Tha wun wha ran awah tae tha Balkans tae evade tha further haggis thumpin' bah mah brave laddies. An' noo he comes skulkin' back tae tease Mace tha Enfeebled.

Ah'll wait, Jimmy! Ye cannae run forever!!

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: OGSF ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Grrrrr - Lay off the mighty Mr Pawbroon. I will defend him with all the means in my power (ok, not many, I'll admit) right up until the point that the releases his promised Daimler mod, then he's all yours & taunt him an extra one for me.

Just make sure he doesn't withdraw the mod when you really upset him before I have a chance to download it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's awaiting a flash of artistic inspiration ... one just never knows when that'll happen. Until then, we fight.