Another day of Allied heroism

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Jeff, your totals are wrong - CavScout is also a troll, so you may have to divvy up the points somehow.

Funny, you're the first response on the thread and are attacking the poster personally and you call me a "troll". Hypocirsy...

Sorry, Jeff, but you're wrong...

According to the Official Troll vs. Fish Manual, a post by a fish revealing the Troll scores a point (so 3 points for you so far). Furthermore, although Pvt. Ryan didn't actually come out and say it, I think his post about the weather shows his keen discernment of the state of the thread. smile.gif

So, the official tally:

Troll: 24

Fish: 4

Edited because this initially made no sense, and it isn't much better now.

[This message has been edited by engy (edited 02-13-2001).]

Originally posted by engy:

Sorry, Jeff, but you're wrong...

According to the Official Troll vs. Fish Manual, a post by a fish revealing the Troll scores a point (so 3 points for you so far). Furthermore, although Pvt. Ryan didn't actually come out and say it, I think his post about the weather shows his keen discernment of the state of the thread. smile.gif

So, the official tally:

Troll: 24

Fish: 4

Edited because this initially made no sense, and it isn't much better now.

[This message has been edited by engy (edited 02-13-2001).]

Interesting. You msut have "How to Not be Eaten by the Troll: Surviving as a Fish" rev. 4.34a4b. My version is still 3.65.

If that is the case, then the fish actually have quite a few points. In fact, until a few people joined the party, the fish were stomping on the troll. Current tally:

Troll: 28

Fish: 12

Jeff Heidman

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I'm still waiting for your treatise on Allied anti-tank training - or were you just trolling then, too?

Of course, everyone knows that Allied infantry ran in terror at the sight of armor while the Uber Germans would laugh and pick-up the nearest rock to take a tank out. It's common knowledge, right?

[This message has been edited by CavScout (edited 02-13-2001).]

Originally posted by CavScout:

Of course, everyone knows that Allied infantry ran in terror at the sight of armor while the Uber Germans would laugh and pick-up the nearest rock to take a tank out. It's common knowledge, right?

[This message has been edited by CavScout (edited 02-13-2001).]

Those are great points. Do you have a source or reference? biggrin.gif

wow

Saw the sun today, for just a little while.

Still, it lifted my spirits.

However, I will refuse to make any comments on the moral justification of either side during the second world war. As a person of Dutch ancestry, I have far too many relatives that I never got a chance to meet.

If it's a nice day outside, enjoy it.

If it isn't, wait a bit, and it will get better......THEN you can enjoy it.

Bart

------------------

"I have slipped the

surly bonds of earth...."

Please read the following and share your thoughts on it:

"The Hitler Experience was made possible as a result of group consciousness. Many people want to say that Hitler manipulated a group - in this case, his countrymen - through the cunning and mastery of his rhetoric. But this conveniently lays all the blame at Hitler's feet - which is exactly where the mass of the people want it.

But Hitler could do nothing without the cooperation and support and willing submission of millions of people. The subgroup which called itself Germans must assume an enormous burden of responsibility for the Holocaust. As must, to some degree, the larger group called Humans, which, if it did nothing else, allowed itself to remain indifferent and apathetic to the suffering in Germany until it reached so massive a scale that even the most cold-hearted isolationists could no longer ignore it.

You see, it was _collective consciousness_ which provided fertile soil for the growth of the Nazi movement. Hitler seized the moment, but he did not create it.

It's important to understand the lesson here. A group consciousness which speaks constantly of separation and superiority produces loss of compassion on a massive scale, and loss of compassion is inevitably followed by loss of conscience.

A collective concept rooted in strict nationalism ignores the plight of others, yet makes everyone else responsible for _yours_, thus justifying retaliation, 'rectification', and war.

Auschwitz was the Nazi solution to - an attempt to 'rectify' - the 'Jewish Problem'.

The horror of the Hitler Experience was not that he perpetrated it on the human race, but that _the human race allowed him to_.

The astonishment is not only that a Hitler came along, but also that so many others _went_ along.

The shame is not only that Hitler killed millions of Jews, but also that millions of Jews _had_ to be killed before Hitler was stopped.

The purpose of the Hitler Experience was to show humanity to itself.....

Hitler was not sent to you. Hitler was created _by_ you. He arose out of your Collective Consciousness, and could not have existed without it. _That_ is the lesson.

The consciousness of separation, segregation, superiority - of 'we' versus 'they', of 'us' and 'them' - is what creates the Hitler Experience."

Thoughts and comments?

Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

Chup, you dissapoint me.

It took you this long to figure that out?

Jeff Heidman

Yeah, yeah... I still have this unreasonable idea that I can do something about the world's stupidity. Someday I'll learn biggrin.gif

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Guest Madmatt

What better way to start off a Monday then to come here and see this big pile of steamy poo of a thread!

I am sure the residents of Dresden didn't consider their town any more worthless than your and mine own hometowns.

As to what constitutes "evil" on the part of a nation I can only say two things.

#1 Walk a mile in another man's shoes before you pre-judge him.

and

#2 Ain't none of us in this thread were (that I know of) alive back in the late 30's and early 40's so while we can read all the history of those events we want, we will never truly know what it was like to live, be productive citizens, raise a family and for many fight, back during this tumultous time in the worlds history.

I think enough bullets were fired already, the war is over. Time to move on.

Jeff, thanks for your valient attempts to derail this runaway train of ignorance.

Madmatt