New "Profane" sound mod soon available

Sick of hearing the same old sounds? Need to have your ear tingled with delight to the sounds of German soldiers screaming and writhing in pain? Do you need to hear Americans screaming profanity at the top of their lungs while bullets whiz past their heads? This is all the "Benny Manieri Extreme Sound" Mod offers, and more! As we all know, war is hell.......so let's make it that way. The Benny Manieri sound mod is soon to be up on my site, so keep your ears open!

lol! I look forward to it! I usually don't notice the sounds of the soldiers unless something nice and juicy happens like a light vehicle getting nailed by grenades or something

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

In most militaries, stretching back to time memorial, swear words have been used liked commas. tongue.gif

So instead of "Go go go!" or "Fall Back!" or the like, what we REALLY need for full realism is a grizzled old NCO bellowing,

"Move it fucker! You waitin' for an INVITATION!"

and

"Jesus Christ, run for it!"

Profane or not, you KNOW it's more real. biggrin.gif

------------------------------------------

"If you should find yourself riding in a green meadow, surrounded by sun and warmth, do not be afraid... for you are in Alyssium, AND YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

Subtitles would be cool.

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?!?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man. I swear if someone does a Beavis and Butthead sound conversion I'm getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could just see a sqaud getting fired at and coming up with that retort!!!!!!!

Great stuff!! smile.gif

"I need teepee for my bunghole!!"

Oh, and if some South Park could get thrown in there that'd be ok too!

"God Dammit you fat fu**!!!"

[This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited 01-01-2001).]

Concerning a South Park sound mod...

"Respect my AUTHORI-TE!" - when a squad eliminates an enemy squad or KO's an enemy tank

"Ohmigod! They Killed Kenny! YOU BASTARDS!" - when a squad suffers a casualty

*sung to the tune of "Cartman's mom is a big fat bitch"*

"Hitler's mom is a big-fat-bitch, she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world..." - a tune used to boost morale in rallying squads among G.I.'s

Im sure we can think of more after a good sitting with Comedy Central on the ol T.V.

[This message has been edited by The Commissar (edited 01-01-2001).]

Being an Aussie, I'd love to see/hear an Aussie mod.

I've checked out the sounds, and the Canadians appear to be a mix of English and French (they don't have their own sound files) so replacing them is out, which leaves replacing the English.

I'd love to hear Aussie drawl voices though:

"Cop that, ya bastard!"

"Strewth!"

"Run for it mate!"

"Watch that tank mate!"

"Bloody hell!"

"Right lads, let's take 'em!"

Tried recording my own voice, but I don't have the skill and software to edit these things well enough to fit into the game... plus they all sound like me smile.gif

(As an aside, I'd love to hear a South Park mod... takes away from the seriousness of the game but would be hilarious)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeremy Sadler:

Being an Aussie, I'd love to see/hear an Aussie mod.

I'd love to hear Aussie drawl voices though:

"Cop that, ya bastard!"

"Strewth!"

"Run for it mate!"

"Watch that tank mate!"

"Bloody hell!"

"Right lads, let's take 'em!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about...

"Stick that where the sun don't shine"

"F**k me dead"

"That's toast"

and

"What the f**k was that?"

Regards

Jim R.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

Concerning a South Park sound mod...

*sung to the tune of "Cartman's mom is a big fat bitch"*

"Hitler's mom is a big-fat-bitch, she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world..." - a tune used to boost morale in rallying squads among G.I.'s

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was KYLE's mom, not Cartman's. Cartman may be a blimp, but his mom was good enough looking to get onto "Crack Whore" magazine in the South Park series.

I hope you'll excuse the nitpick. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 420:

How about a sound mod with Lee Emery (?) from Full Metal Jacket? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bulls**t Fritz I'll bet you could suck a golfball through a garden hose!

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeremy Sadler:

"What're ya legs?"

"Steel springs!"

"Where they gonna take ya?"

"Down the track!"

Pick the movie...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gallipoli. Only movie that has ever made me cry. There, now you've done it. I'm feeling a little verklemmt...{sniff}...talk amongst yourselves.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

And your website would be where?

Kitty

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, what she said... Where is the website for CM Expletives?

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

well your using a wysiwyg html editor

so u should (i think) be able to make a zip file and drag it to your code..... now since your hosting on a free (cough cough spit choke) website yopu will have to move the files to that page if you have enough space there if not than you can host them on your local machine w/ a link on your page...aww forget it its to much trouble get linux run an apache http server on your local machine and just serve out the zip files like this

http://ponyshow.com/porca/joncrap

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benny Manieri:

The files ain't up yet, I'm having trouble trying to learn how to upload a file and set it up for downloads.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Use ftp to upload the file(s) to your Geocities webspace. I think it's ftp.geocities.com.

2) Once it's up, add a link to it the way you'd link to a website. For example, if the file is called "profanity.zip", you'd add the line {a href="profanity.zip"}Download my profanity mod!{/a}. I couldn't figure out a way to use regular html carets without UBB thinking I was trying to actually link to something, so I used the curly brackets {}instead. Change the brackets to carets and you'll be in business.

Also, make sure they file's not too big for Geocities. I think you've only got 15mb to play with. Aaaand finally I'm not sure how Geocities addresses bandwidth issues, so they might not be too keen on you putting up large files for people to download.

The best route is probably to see if another CM site will host the file.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super