The Last Post for Lurkers?

eek.gif

Ok!Ok! I am coming out of hiding now..sheesh

I have been lurking here for 5-6 months since I got my hands on this lovely piece of software. And my reasons for not taking a more active role yet? Well, I must confess that I don't play the game THAT much so I tend to pop in every now and then to read and learn from any posts I find of interest.

And btw, I like the XFL...(Flameproof suit ON)

Jolly good show!

Mr Winterbottom

What! talk? to you people? why on earth would I want to do that? I have no need of some glorified virtual society to make me feel unacceptable and unwanted, stupid and diminished in value, I have a wife for that wink.gif

Really, mayhaps we have nothing to say?

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

I've been lurking since I got the game last October.

It's been a great source of info on tactics and game mechanics and has given me a few good laughs.

Don't post much because I don't have much to contribute and 2 cents isn't worth much these days.

Oh God, I feel so naked.

Look away! I'm hideous.

Ok Mr Hobbes, tell me this, if you are so brave why did you use a different alias to that which you normally use, for your coming out... eh JIVE...

As for kicking ass, I do believe I beat you in the last two games we played... ha ha ha ha...

Me I'm a lurker, I don't have much to say at present, but I do like to watch... does that make me a voyeur... I have been around since the beginning, and no doubt will be here till the end, because quite frankly this game is the dogs proverbials... That is so long as my wife does not castrate me in the meantime... 'I'm just popping on to check my mail dear, only be five minutes...'

[This message has been edited by chelton (edited 02-13-2001).]

Been lurking since before CM was released. When you could pre-order the game and get the free poster.

Once I got the game I forgot the website, till I decided to give PBEM a try. Now I lurk trying to find new strategies and tactics, learn of problems in the game to avoid (i.e.assaulting HTs) and see if my opponets have posted their favorite tactic/ weapon.

But

If I see an opportunity I will post. Especially now that the board has become my escape from work.

But mainly I lurk.

------------------

Stay Alert!! Stay Alive!!

Hi All

I acquired the game a few months ago, and has been mostly stayed in the lurk mode since then. Oh, I posted a few replies, maybe less than half a dozen - I almost split my sides laughing on that Geezertruppen post a while back! - which made me come off the closet. But by and large, I was content trolling these pages for gems of wisdom which helped my gameplay against the AI and my son (via TCP/IP; yes, I am over the hill). I love this forum and try to read it every day if I can (mostly at lunch time at work) and have to suffer occasional snide comments for being a "warfreak" amidst a very politically correct work environment. Nonetheless, the forum is a source of joy and occasional bewilderment (what in the world is the Peng thread all about?); and even the posts in the Peng thread can be very lyrical sometimes. Being a "pro lurker" suits me just fine, as it does not require much effort (barring the snide comments). But I do realize that I have to give something back to the forum in return. It will be a while though. I am just halfway through reading a dozen books on Panzer Commander + German tank encyclopedia + Achtung Panzer + other tomes from Amazon.com, and I don't feel competent enough to cross swords (so to speak) with the heavies in the forum. It suffices at this point that I am very supportive of this forum and BTS, and will do my part to spread the word.(I voted four times to make CM:BO the best strategy game in the recent magazine poll, and asked my son to do same). All of you guys (and Kitty) are wonderful.

I am a lurker!

I have been watching these boards and making the occasional post under one of my two old names that I cant recall the passwords for since the demo came out. Was here for the crashing of the server wink.gif

Just find a lot to read, but very little that seems to require my reply lol.

CM is fantasic, truly what all us old SL/ASL players were waiting on, hell its what I was waiting on when I was crawling along the basement floor pushing 1/285 scale tanks playing Tractics hehe.

Remember.....we are out there.......

I slave away on a Level 2 help desk, supporting the assorted morons and debris of today's technological world. The last thing I want to do is type. I hate it. With a passion. If I was coding, that would be different, but instead I'm forced to document the idiotic ramblings of sophmoric users.

Lurking is fun...typing, bad.

------------------

The only thing worse than fighting with allies is fighting without them. - Churchill

Hello, my name is GillFish and am a Lurker. In fact, I'm the worst kind: I've been watching and haven't even registered (gasp!). But I've been watching a long time.

(que quavering old man voice)

Why I remember when CM was just a bunch of screen shots and quicktime movies and the first Peng thread implosion, and, and, and .....

(voice off)

Time to register, thanks for this thread!