BTS Manifesto - The TRUTH Exposed!!!!

We have all admired and supported the BTS manifesto of independant publishing. However, a recent discussion over on CDMAG's website has prompted me to do some investigation and further thinking. The truth is we've been had BIG TIME.

Reviewing my Quicken account since the release of BTS's Combat Mission I can see hundred's of $$$$ that have been paid out to Amazon.com to cover book purchases covering historical opperations and units covering in CM. It is now obvious to me that BTS is really a black opps, secret subsidiary of Amazon.com. Steve and Charlie have really been getting commission on all book purchases at Amazon.com by customers that also purchased Combat Mission. THis is REALLY why CM is only available by the WEB, your CM and Amazon.com accounts are joined in a secret database.

THE TRUTH IS OUT!!! Now BTS admitt that my dwindling bank account since the release of CM has been a evil plot between you and your corporate masters.

<G>

Damn!!! its those guys with the white coats again......

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abbott:

Hmm, didn't they pick you up in a run down, one room cabin in Montana a few years ago? When did you get out? ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously referring to Ruby Ridge Incident, I take it.

But you know, he's got something there. I don't usually buy a lot of books, but I did buy Chanberlain's Tank Encyclopedias since CM has been out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Obviously referring to Ruby Ridge Incident, I take it.

But you know, he's got something there. I don't usually buy a lot of books, but I did buy Chanberlain's Tank Encyclopedias since CM has been out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I understand his point and the humours way it was presented smile.gif

Nope, not Ruby Ridge, wrong state ;)

Actually, I for one, am surprised BTS haven't redeveloped this web site to include a reworked combatmission.com (Sorry Matt, but the page is kinda ugly hehe smile.gif ) and also added in link-throughs to eCommercy type things like Amazon. It would make a great ww2 gaming 'center' (i refuse to use the word portal unless i'm being paid to hehe). I for one know I've bought around £200 worth of books since buying CM, just because of my incresed interest. Would be cool for the BTS guys to have got a cut of that smile.gif

PeterNZ

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: PeterNZer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kmead:

And way different issue and WAY different outcome... Come on Maxi, research research...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? I could have sworn that Ruby Ridge was Montana. Oh well, Idaho. (Google Search) ;) Only missed it by one state. Idaho "carries" Montana's ass doesn't it? :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kverdon:

...It is now obvious to me that BTS is really a black opps, secret subsidiary of Amazon.com. Steve and Charlie have really been getting commission on all book purchases at Amazon.com by customers that also purchased Combat Mission. THis is REALLY why CM is only available by the WEB, your CM and Amazon.com accounts are joined in a secret database...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One more guy that's gonna be found in a garbage bag in the trunk of someone's car. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Obviously referring to Ruby Ridge Incident, I take it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he's probably referring to the hovel in which Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber) lived.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have this strange urge to go buy Jane's Fighting Tanks, 1944 ed. smile.gif

MrSpkr

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Actually, I for one, am surprised BTS haven't redeveloped this web site to include a reworked combatmission.com (Sorry Matt, but the page is kinda ugly hehe smile.gif ) and also added in link-throughs to eCommercy type things like Amazon. It would make a great ww2 gaming 'center' (i refuse to use the word portal unless i'm being paid to hehe). I for one know I've bought around £200 worth of books since buying CM, just because of my incresed interest. Would be cool for the BTS guys to have got a cut of that smile.gif

PeterNZ

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: PeterNZer ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps you could buy something from my site then!. Help me pay for the extortionate amount of money i have to pay to cover bandwidth charges. :D

BTS is really a black opps, secret subsidiary of Amazon.com. Steve and Charlie have really been getting commission on all book purchases at Amazon.com by customers that also purchased Combat Mission. THis is REALLY why CM is only available by the WEB, your CM and Amazon.com accounts are joined in a secret database.

THE TRUTH IS OUT!!!

Kevin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As i am an amazonian this now makes sense i wondered why the company was still here now i know well thatnk you BTS for not getting me laid off!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Manx, i clicked on a book cover and it lead to a dead-end 404..

And besides, there's only, what, two books listed? I prefer to get about £30 at once and save on the shipping fee..

So get some more up there you bastard!

I can recommend

'in deadly combat'

'the guns of war'

'Decision at normandy'

for starters smile.gif

PeterNZ

They keep changing the bloody links..inconsiderate b'stards!. I was under the impression that Amazon tracks where you came from anyway, so, if you went to it through that page (via a search box) they would still keep tabs on the site originator, no matter which book you bought.

But then of course, i could be completely wrong!.

I dunno! Do or fix somfink!

Aman.

Manx, let me know when it's sorted

if i were you'd put in a whole book section with reviews and ****e from us lot.

you get much from it all?

I'd be happy to buy my books through the thingy you have if it is dead simple for a simple guy.

PeterNZ

We have all admired and supported the BTS manifesto of independant publishing. However, a recent discussion over on CDMAG's website has prompted me to do some investigation and further thinking. The truth is we've been had BIG TIME.

Reviewing my Quicken account since the release of BTS's Combat Mission I can see hundred's of $$$$ that have been paid out to Amazon.com to cover book purchases covering historical opperations and units covering in CM. It is now obvious to me that BTS is really a black opps, secret subsidiary of Amazon.com. Steve and Charlie have really been getting commission on all book purchases at Amazon.com by customers that also purchased Combat Mission. THis is REALLY why CM is only available by the WEB, your CM and Amazon.com accounts are joined in a secret database.

THE TRUTH IS OUT!!! Now BTS admitt that my dwindling bank account since the release of CM has been a evil plot between you and your corporate masters.

<G>

Damn!!! its those guys with the white coats again......

Kevin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't believe him...the truth is: BTS is a Combat Training & Test programm.

The BTS crew is not from planet Earth! It's a secret recruiting crew from Planet Rylos. The best CM player will be abducted to lead alien forces in a intergalactic war.

I log out now...I feel they are coming for me... :eek:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scipio:

Don't believe him...the truth is: BTS is a Combat Training & Test programm.

The BTS crew is not from planet Earth! It's a secret recruiting crew from Planet Rylos. The best CM player will be abducted to lead alien forces in a intergalactic war.

I log out now...I feel they are coming for me... :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A la The Last Starfighter?

Chris

Since I received the game back in October or November I have bought 30 books on WWII. My interest in the subject went from mild to wacky in just a few short months.

Mord

I haven't bought a single new book since purchasing CMBO, so the Amazon Plot hasn't worked on me...

However, twenty years of prior book purchases have now been completely validated as more than 'taking up space' in the den!

:cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx_CM:

They keep changing the bloody links..inconsiderate b'stards!. I was under the impression that Amazon tracks where you came from anyway, so, if you went to it through that page (via a search box) they would still keep tabs on the site originator, no matter which book you bought.

But then of course, i could be completely wrong!.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My brother is an expert (really) in internet affiliate marketing, which is what this is, you being an amazon.com affiliate.

I will ask him to look at your site and explain to me how it works so I can answer your question.

Thanks Terence - The only reason i joined up with Amazon was to try and cover some of the costs in running the site. Costs that have spiralled steadily over the past months. I'm not looking to make any profit from it. Even if i did i would still plow it back into the site in some way or other - extra diskspace, bandwidth, features etc. etc. Besides, not ONE person has ordered ANYTHING from it in the two months i have had the banner up!. :(

I've tried to keep the banner i have placed on the site small and inconspicuous (too much so by the looks of it! :D ) because i didn't want it to interfere with the look of the site. I hate sites that plaster banners everywhere!!!.

[ 04-23-2001: Message edited by: Manx_CM ]