Now is the Challenge of our discontent, made horrid cess by this son of Peng

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Gak. garbage garbage garbage ...Why Slappy, why aren't you a knight of the pool (loose translation from lawyer speak)..." garbage garbage garbage..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Speak, but I cannot accept your proposal. Pass your bar test clod hopper and then at least you would be an planarian and I could consider the promotion, but for now I like being a Ronin Squire.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A day late Seanachai but I suppose better late than never. I'll not point out the obvious, that I TRIED to warn you that fiddling with the traditions of the CessPool was a BAD idea. I'll not remind all that I SAID that the traditions were there for a REASON and that the reason was to ensure that we would have CessPudlians who WANTED to be CessPudlians and who ACTED like CessPudlians. Not for me to belabor the fact, which I ALSO pointed out, that a prospective 'pooler must be judged by their posts OVER THE LONG RUN and NOT by one abberation of a humorous post in the outerboard. What's done is done ... now we have to clean up the mess. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ronin Squire again. merely for providing a popular service to the board. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> First, and I take great pleasure in stating this, you are NOT Ronin Squire. A Ronin Squire is a Squire whose Knight has ... gone away. A Knight who DISMISSES his Squire relegates that Squire to ... SERFDOM. Congratulations SlopDraggin' ... you're a Serf again. You brought it on yourself lad.

As to providing a "service" to the board, by that you mean you that you apparently CARED about the outerboard ... hoist with your own petard lad.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>By the way, I did not name that thread the antiPeng thread, I merely stated that many want to have a mens club where the atmosphere was looser, the talk more free, and the insults and challenges still pungent. So I created an anarchy to stand in contrast to the theocracy of Peng.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> My but you have an absolute TALENT for digging yourself in deeper, it's quite remarkable. We don't CARE what you call your silly little thread, call it whatever you like ... you'll be spending all your time there anyway since you, by your own admission, prefer a looser atmosphere. No, you prefer, like a petulant child deprived of a candy, to keep wandering about whining "am TOO a Squire, am TOO" and failing to understand your fault. Your fault lies in your failure to your duty as a (at that time) Squire to the CessPool and as a Squire to an Olde One no less. For a TRUE Squire to the CessPool wouldn't NEED a "Gentleman's Club", he wouldn't need a looser atmosphere and he would recognize that the insults and taunts HERE ... cannot be improved upon. You are not, it's obvious now, CessPool material BUT elevation to Serf is not to be discarded willy nilly. I'll not suggest that the Olde Ones take the extraordiary step of stripping you of THAT honor ... YET! You have been granted a second chance lad, another Knight may choose to take you to Squire (stranger things have happened and there's no accounting for the effects of strong drink). You are, obviously, on notice.

But I am keeping you from your grog thread I see, please scurry off, don't waste a moment. There are children to amuse with potty jokes I've no doubt.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Not being satisfied with his apostasy, SlopDraggin' brought some of his little friends to play: Granted, the posting of Cpt Wacky's theory was lame in its assumption that any "regular" (very loosely defined) in here had enough wits to be educated by it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Speck ... delete all after "lame" and you'll have it just right.

Joe

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

I'm writing this to scoff at and deride our newest serf. I was also a squire to the Bard. I never claimed to be a good squire. I always made his bubble bath a tad too hot and I burned his scrambled eggs way too often. He would usually make me punish myself for being mouthy by watching The Golden Girls. Oh, the horror.

ahem...tis time for my patented saying It must suck to be you, Slapdragon.

Big brain and no common sense. I've seen that before but I can't remember because I've lost that part of my brain drinking entirely too much and too often.

So, in closing let me just say "Ha Ha"

Roight!

My my, I have found that people have finally started to love me! My name was mentioned at least thrice in a whispy, reflective way, and it makes me smile. I love you guys too (but not in a Slapdragon way). Well, here I am returned to the fold after a hiatus of computer woes, disinterest in CM, and an aborted attempt to play Sacrifice.

I think Seanachai said it best, but I will try to say it even better: A little less assholery, a little more tomfoolery. Butts and farting are funny but we try to make wit rise above the level of "sandbox". Similarly, gay jokes and muscle flexing might be fun, but here we promote "insightfulness" over "closemindedness." SeanachaiI would renounce my kaniggethood in a moment if it meant I could bask once again in your enlightened tutelage. But alas, I cannot, (unless you make it so!) and so I have a proposition.

My record with making SSNs run from cess is untainted with 3-0 (Martyr, Col. Sanders, and Parabellum (oh and MAYBE 4-0 with Stalin's O, but I can't take complete credit for that...)) so, with a "hard nut" like Slapdragon, I think I know the trick.

Give him to me! As my squire, his ridicule and shame will know no bounds!

And while I'm at it, I think Gaeiour is a big jerk. Challenge me!

Also (failing the above taunt), my former benefactor would go to great lengths describing the excellent qualities of some guy named Mark IV Is that the British or German version? Anyhow, other than a few non-sequitor mildly humourous posts (akin to the ruminations of a Carrot Top or Emo Phillips rather than TRUE humour) I have seen nothing redeeming from his lackluster posts. My only hope is that by actually challenging him, I can glimpse some of the mirth that my liege assures me is there. Well? What say you?

[Edited] Like a Mrspkr I grovel before the heavy handedness of our justicar.

Never mind about Slapdragon. It might be a just punishment, but I don't want to get so close to him.

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

The Ronin squire need not have the acceptance of the fat, dumb, happy theocracy to go off slaying dragons, or arguing philosphy by Rashomon Gate. It fact, you pud like wind mills, it is the honor of tilting without the reward of reverance that makes life worth living.

In addition, the more of you I piss off, the higher my score goes on Pengatron.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

The Ronin squire need not have the acceptance of the fat, dumb, happy theocracy to go off slaying dragons, or arguing philosphy by Rashomon Gate. It fact, you pud like wind mills, it is the honor of tilting without the reward of reverance that makes life worth living.

In addition, the more of you I piss off, the higher my score goes on Pengatron.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sir, I know Don Quixote and you are NO Don Quixote.

Well so much for the Panzer Leader reprise ... it was fun while it lasted. For just a split second there we forgot, in the heat of our disgust for SlopDraggin', just WHY we had our issues with Panzer Leader ... luckily he reminded us before too much damage was done.

It would appear that SlopDraggin' has NOT learned his lesson and I must now ask the Olde Ones for permission, as laid down (sit down Bauhaus, this is a solemn moment) in subsection 23, part eieio of the double secret unwritten CessPool regulations, to invoke the COVENTRY provision on SlopDraggin' and put the question, as required by CessPool rules, to the body of the Knights and Squires of the CessPool.

Sir Joe Shaw, Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread

Updates:

Slapdragon has yet to show his cocky face on the field of battle. A few armored cars are driving around, and he actually managed to draw fire from a gun I forgot to hide (ain't war hell!) but the rest of his tea-sippers seem to have forgotten the 30-turn time limit. i.e. we are dying but a little.

Pampers Needer still can't put anything between me and 5 or 6 fat VLs but a few half addled squishies in some buildings soon to be matchsticks. But he could have quite a reserve behind the hills. Any second (in scale time, any month in RL) I'm expecting a sloppy 240mm barrage to come daintily plopping down to remind me of my place in the order of things. But it looks optimistic. Much screaming of 'mein bein'; in fact, as my men advance they keep finding beins at every turn. I won't mention what the Lt in Command of 1'st platoon found in a fruit drink, though I think it might have belonged to Slappy. 'Shrinkage' from the chilled drink and a drop in blood pressure on severence from the host body might account for its fitting through the neck of the bottle. Or maybe it just always was like that.

Sir Lars is a gamey bastiche by the literal definition of the term. He exploited a game engine limitation to kill one of my tanks. It 'forgot' its fire smoke order in order to waste ammo on some sorry routed preteens, and then drove to the exposed position (where it was supposed to be covered by smoke until my whole 'Powell Doctrine' overkill force was lined up, and arty had saturated the suspected gun position). Whuddaya know, poing! 20mm flak fire penetrates the hull, from said expected gun, just seconds before the arty starts coming down. And typically the tank couldn't rotate fast enough because it was in scattered trees. It was all Lars' fault, the Scandinavian git. So in honor of the bastardo, as my life blood leaks away I feebly sing:

My name is Lars Larson, I come from Wiscarson, I verk in se strippy clubs dere. Venn I bounce them back on se street all se people I meet say, vuts your name? And I say...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

My name is Lars Larson, I come from Wiscarson, I verk in se strippy clubs dere. Venn I bounce them back on se street all se people I meet say, vuts your name? And I say...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why, you… you…{sputter, sputter}...I’ll get you for that. Wisconsin. Arrgh. You really know how to hurt a guy.

{Although they do have a lot of nice “Gentlemen’s” clubs, bring your miner’s hat and your VISA, they don’t take American Express. Oh, and a Key Lime Martini.}

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lars:

Why, you… you…{sputter, sputter}...I’ll get you for that. Wisconsin. Arrgh. You really know how to hurt a guy.

{Although they do have a lot of nice “Gentlemen’s” clubs, bring your miner’s hat and your VISA, they don’t take American Express. Oh, and a Key Lime Martini.}<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My first weekend here my friends brought me over the border to some place called The Cajun Club for some entertainment and they were dismayed to find that it had been 'cleaned up' due to some local ordinances - apparently it went from full-blown skanky to only slightly skanky. They were crushed.

[sickening kiddie show host voice]

Hi Everybody! Who Wants to play a game?! THATS GRRREEEAT! OK the game we are about to play is called "Guess who I am!" I'm going to pretend to be someone and you all get to guess who I am. Ready? GREAT!

OK, Here we go! [/sickening kiddie show host voice]

[sickening kiddie show host voice pretending to be an outre boarder voice masquerading as a 'pooler voice]

Hey, kids! I don't like any of you because I am so very much smarter and well read. I am a teacher because I am so smart. In fact I'm so much smarter an well read that I have lost all sense of proportion regarding just how important the things I know are in the grand scheme of things. The other really cool thing about me is that I like to pretend to be a sherrif. I get a gun and a badge and a big stick that I can beat the crap out of drunk people with in the back of a car. It's really a cool thing to do. I like to think that traffic tickets are events suitable for a warning shot through the liver. Being a cop is cool. Being a cop who is a teacher and a body builder is even cooler, but I like to bash gays the most. I think my perfect night would be to kick the crap out of a drunk gay guy while politely lecturing him about military history. That would be cool, and you would all be jealous of how cool I am because I know so much and have lights on top of my car and I am so cool.

[/sickening kiddie show host voice pretending to be an outre boarder voice masquerading as a 'pooler voice]

OK KIDS! ARE YOU READY TO GUESS??!!

[/sickening kiddie show host voice]

[Peng voice]

Uh, is it Dorosh?

[/Peng voice]

NOPE!

[Peng voice]

Uh, huh huh huh ...I give up.

[/Peng voice]

You do! then YOU LOSE! and I'm not going to tell you who it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dalem:

My first weekend here my friends brought me over the border to some place called The Cajun Club for some entertainment and they were dismayed to find that it had been 'cleaned up' due to some local ordinances - apparently it went from full-blown skanky to only slightly skanky. They were crushed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't ya hate it when they do that?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

(extraneous crap snipped)

Speck ... delete all after "lame" and you'll have it just right.

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a care, oh bombastic one with little brains and even less purpose. Verbage en masse does not cancel the fact that you are without powers of forum moderation, and thus cannot mouse-proof this malodorous muckhole.

But I grant you an undeserved boon, take my leave for now, having sufficiently demonstrated through experimentation that education is futile here. You may now return to your horrid cross-breeding that defies all logic & sanity. tongue.gif

I am touched. A full post by Peng, even if inaccurate. You know that you have become a member of a community, no matter how loathed, when you get such an honor.

Now Peng, just to give you a little update. I carry an asp, not a stick, and I do not work out except fighting class, where my ass is routinely kicked by these two really big guys.

However, I am still pleased to be such a celebrity in the Peng Challenge Thread. Not even Maximus rated so high.

Ronin Squire Slapdragon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spook to JoXia:

you are without powers of forum moderation, and thus cannot mouse-proof this malodorous muckhole.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now there's that rare bird, an SSN who's got his head screwed on straight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I do not work out except fighting class, where my ass is routinely kicked by these two really big guys.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew it was going to be a good day!