Wow, what a neat community!

Hello everyone. Just heard about this game. I am a die hard wargamer.

I would have to say that my favorite wargames are Gary Grigsbys titles. The attention to detail, detailed statistics, smooth and realistic play is what had me hooked. I see that this game has some of those same features but on the tactical level. I'm pretty excited.

I have always thought it would be neat to combine Grigby's Strat level game with a realistic Tac level game. Can you imagine your TO&E for a scenario being determined by the results of a higher level strategic game? Anyway, I digress.

I have also enjoyed reading the helpful and humorous posts here on the board. I was pretty excited to register to say hi(that's a first) until I read the part in the agreement about not calling anyone's mother a hamster.

I think I can control myself though.

Still playing the demo so wish me luck. smile.gif

ps. no preview mode?

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Herder ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herder:

...Just heard about this game. I am a die hard wargamer...<hr></blockquote>

Are these two statements contradictory? How can you be a diehard gamer and have only just heard about this game? Just kidding ;) Welcome aboard smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>... Can you imagine your TO&E for a scenario being determined by the results of a higher level strategic game? ...<hr></blockquote>

Yes. Yes I can. In fact, I'm living it :D Check out the CMMC. It is always looking for new players.

Regards

JonS

Hola, welcome to the board, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. If you fancy a game, head over to the Antithicess thread in the general forum (its the one with the word scrotum in the title-don't ask, it's a long story, and just blame Soddball). Just remember, when you get there SOUND OFF LIKE YA GOT A PAIR and challenge the man of your choice. Be prepared for some good natured ribbing and jokes about argie's grandmother though-its all in good fun.

Panzerman: A mode I can see my final post in case I made a mistake. I was hoping the edit markers would be enough context, heh.

JonS: Thanks for the link. I have some reading to do. A little overwhelmed atm. Last wargame I played was one of the Panzer General titles and I sorta quit them in disgust as SSI was crashing and nothing was looking good on the horizon. I still have Grigby's titles on the HD even today.

Panzerman: A mode I can see my final post in case I made a mistake. I was hoping the edit markers would be enough context, heh.

<hr></blockquote>

But that would take all the fun out of it for Germanboy.

I was pretty excited to register to say hi(that's a first) until I read the part in the agreement about not calling anyone's mother a hamster.

I think I can control myself though.

Still playing the demo so wish me luck. smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

This is a bloody lie. You can call anyone's Mother a hamster, as long as you go to the right places.

Welcome on board.

And Captain Wacky, "Sound Off Like Ya' Got a Pair©" is copyright the Peng Challenge Thread. Continue to use it in the little boys challenge thread, and know that we indeed have our own lawyers.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

This is a bloody lie. You can call anyone's Mother a hamster, as long as you go to the right places.

Welcome on board.

And Captain Wacky, "Sound Off Like Ya' Got a Pair©" is copyright the Peng Challenge Thread. Continue to use it in the little boys challenge thread, and know that we indeed have our own lawyers.<hr></blockquote>

I'm a witness for the prosecution on that one, Seanachai. Hey, they just name the thread after me, doesn't mean I agree with it. Have your lawyer call my lawyer and they can do lunch.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I'm a witness for the prosecution on that one, Seanachai. Hey, they just name the thread after me, doesn't mean I agree with it. Have your lawyer call my lawyer and they can do lunch.<hr></blockquote>

Currently, the thread is more focused in your scrotum than in your name.

I have some interesting things to comment on "witness" in his Spanish translation and his relation with the scrotum, through Latin and the Ancient Rome uses, but I'm too lazy to do it.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I'm a witness for the prosecution on that one, Seanachai. Hey, they just name the thread after me, doesn't mean I agree with it. Have your lawyer call my lawyer and they can do lunch.<hr></blockquote>

You have a legitimate grievance, Grog Dorosh. Not that our attorneys need anything approaching 'legitimacy' to swing into action.

What a horrible place that other thread is. A pale copy of the Peng Challenge Thread, even going so far as to position bits of this and that derived from the Thread, and yet with far less value and interest.

I shall cry havoc, in the Thread of threads, and let slip the dogs of Law.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Welcome on board.

And Captain Wacky, "Sound Off Like Ya' Got a Pair©" is copyright the Peng Challenge Thread. Continue to use it in the little boys challenge thread, and know that we indeed have our own lawyers.<hr></blockquote>

Phhht! Go ahead and sue me you cess-swilling deviant! I'll report you straight to THE MAN HIMSELF and www.rleeermey.com. We'll see how loud you complain when he shoves that little "c" where the sun don't shine. Hell, I'll bet even the Gunny's 12' Motivational Figure could take on the lot of you middle aged, slightly overweight, minivan driving, family man lawyer types.

With the flick of my wrist I'll send off a message that the Gunny WILL respond to-but be warned, I can't control how he will respond.

The choice lies with you. Crawl back to that dark cave known as the Peng Challenge Thread with all the other morlocks, or face the wrath of a grizzled former drill instructor and Marine.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by argie:

Currently, the thread is more focused in your scrotum than in your name.

I have some interesting things to comment on "witness" in his Spanish translation and his relation with the scrotum, through Latin and the Ancient Rome uses, but I'm too lazy to do it.<hr></blockquote>

See what I mean when I said no one can understand you smile.gif ?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

The choice lies with you. Crawl back to that dark cave known as the Peng Challenge Thread with all the other morlocks, or face the wrath of a grizzled former drill instructor and Marine.<hr></blockquote>

We have our own Marines, as well.

I find your lack of piety...disturbing. You lot have become unsound. We shall have to think on this.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JonS:

Yes. Yes I can. In fact, I'm living it :D Check out the CMMC. It is always looking for new players.

Regards

JonS<hr></blockquote>

You are out recruiting again then? Got the package today, no real time to look at it yet. Thanks a bunch!

Lars, I am German, I don't know how to have fun. Ve don't do zis fun zing hier.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Crawl back to that dark cave known as the Peng Challenge Thread with all the other morlocks, or face the wrath of a grizzled former drill instructor and Marine.<hr></blockquote>

Pfffpht! Impudent child! *Slap!*

The Peng Thread stands before you all, bathed in its light of purest white, a beacon to the unfed, unwashed masses who gather ravenously at the gate.

Cloaked in majestic silken robes and garlanded by orbs of pearl, the elders of the Mother Beautiful Thread impart knowledge and wisdom upon the illiteracy.

Shame be upon those who would mock the beings of perfection!

More so shame upon those who would seek to imitate the 'thread of threads'.

Know ye well, oh spoon-fed Cro-Magnon, that your supplication of life itself is wholly dependent upon the kindliness of the 'Knights of Peng'.

You may have your 'APVS shatter theories'

You may have your 'Tiger armour brinell tests'

You may have your 'Bren gun tripods and their impact on the battle for Wilhelmshaven'

But, and let me make this perfectly clear.... "Ich bin ein Penger"

and you are not.

Herder,

Good to meet you. smile.gif

You have stumbled upon the best computer wargame ever. CM is not perfect, but it is the best available & I can speak from experience. I have played wargames since 1958-60 with Avalon Hill's Tactics II & the original retangular unit version of AH's Gettysburg. :eek: :eek:

Boy, I am some old. ;) Well, somewhat old.

The net result of this post is: "Get CMBO. You will enjoy it." :D:D

Cheers, Richard :cool: