Gentlemen ,

just a small preview of a new grass mod I am currently working on:

Gras3.jpg

View level 1

Gras1.jpg

View level 3

Gras2.jpg

View level 4

Note: due to the jpeg compression , the pics are very dark, but I hope you can see enough.

My main intention is to create something that looks more like fields or meadows than simple grass ( take a look at the textures on the tiles to see what I mean ) I also want to have clear defined elevation lines since I play many games from view level 3.

Your input is welcome ( and if there is a public interest I will publish this " S " grass mod in a few days ).

Cheers

Tom

P.S.: Setup: Trees - Magua , Tree bases - DD ( edited ) , Sky - Magua , Buildings - Panzertruppen , StuG - Fernando ( edited ).

Mr. Johnson ,

it´s Fernandos Stug and you can get it from CMHQ. The only thing I did was to run the bmp´s through a " monotize " filter plug-in in Paint Shop Pro. You can achieve the same effect by simply lowering the overall saturation level of the bmp´s in your paint program.

Cheers

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

Looks pretty nice, I'll for sure test it out. But can I get a hold of that Stug? Looks tight, or in German, Ser Gut.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In order to do some 'before and after' screenshots for a friend's website I recently downloaded a fresh copy of the original (first batch) CM v.1 onto my computer. If you've been playing with 3rd party terrain textures for awhile it'd be worth it to do the same just to appreciate how far the look of the game has progressed. Amazing

And if you're still playing with un-modded terrain RUN to your favorite mod site for new grass! The difference in game realism will be striking.

Hi Marcel ,

No need to publish the toned down versions , since the original mods are already there !

( The whole " repainting " by using the mentioned filter is a matter of 2 minutes for each vehicle ).

I guess I should write an article about the use of colour saturation filters for the CMHQ :eek: ( " How to mod the mods " )but I think you are MUCH more talented for this kinds of things ( Hint ! Hint ! )

Concerning the grass: there will be three new types of grass mods on my site 1.) The " S " grass as shown above 2.) A subdued grass very similar to the Desertfox gras , but with a more subtile ( " softer " ) texturing 3.) A " experimental " 16 colours only gras for low end PC´s. Dunno if someone really needs this kind of stuff , but since it´s done and there´s enough webspace .. why not ? The whole stuff should be up on Friday ( maybe earlier ) together with several other new mods ( Marcus please listen to my prayers !!! )

Cheers

Tom

P.S.: To all: Thanks for your friendly comments.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

It looks very good Tom.

And as you can tell there are some takers for that tone downed Stug too...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom:

Hi Marcel ,

No need to publish the toned down versions , since the original mods are already there !

( The whole " repainting " by using the mentioned filter is a matter of 2 minutes for each vehicle ).

I guess I should write an article about the use of colour saturation filters for the CMHQ :eek: ( " How to mod the mods " )but I think you are MUCH more talented for this kinds of things ( Hint ! Hint ! )

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tom,

I was wondering if you could send the retoned mods to users who do not have photoshop or paint programs? That stug looks mighty good.