Tiger I in ambush pattern - anyone got a picture?

Guest highlife

Mace, I am interested in the URL for those books you mentioned. Thanks

Tiger, I really like that one. Nice tones to the camo and I particularly like the way you handled the Zimmerit pattern. Looks more like the pictures than the sort of hyper detailed look on some mods. Hope I can get it somewhere.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger: Bingo!!! That's the one I've been looking for. But just a little constructive criticism: Maybe you could brighten the green and brown a bit - they seem a little too muted. Also, did you camo the gun barrel? It's hard to tell. And obviously the wheels are different because it's a different variant. But I REALLY like it!

[This message has been edited by Pvt. Ryan (edited 03-20-2001).]

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Kitty, I love your King Tiger, but it rarely shows up in the games I play. It would be great if you could do a Tiger I mod on par with the KT so your work could get more screen time.

Thank you. It's funny you should mention that because I've already started one. =)

tiger3-13.jpg

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The McNoldy Group

Cool, the Big Cats are getting even more treatment. Tiger, that, erm... Tiger I of yours looks good. Keep it up! BTW, are you some kind of machine? You're turning out lots of mods the past few months...

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

Guest Martin Cracauer

If you guys say "ambush pattern", do you mean any camouflage pattern?

If not, could you please explain the difference?

If yes, George Forty's book has a Tiger I in a camouflage pattern on page 128 of the German edition.

Originally posted by hal9000:

Looks great Tiger! I'm still using your Zimmerit mod, but I think my Tigers are due for some fresh paint.

I'm not a Tiger I'm a Kitty. Yes, both are cats, yes both make mods, but the one pictured above is mine. =)

Kitty (not Tiger)

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

The McNoldy Group

Originally posted by highlife:

Mace, I am interested in the URL for those books you mentioned. Thanks

The four books published to date are from the Tankpower series, published by AJ Press of Poland. Check out this site from the Polish distributor: Ajaks books

Books published to date are:

Vol 1: Panther Ausf G

Vol 2: Panther Ausf G and Bergepanther

Vol 3: Panther Ausf D

Vol 4: Panther Ausf A

this is the cover from vol 2 (sorry about size)

TP2.JPG

Mace

Originally posted by Martin Cracauer:

If you guys say "ambush pattern", do you mean any camouflage pattern?

If not, could you please explain the difference?

No. Ambush scheme is a very unique and specific pattern. It uses a tan dappling effect over an otherwise conventional three-colour camouflage scheme (Red-brown, dark yellow, green). The dappling resembles patterns of light, and makes the vehicle harder to spot when in foliage. Hence the name. Here's the pic Kwazydog posted on page one of this thread.

print.jpg

------------------

"Za Rodentia!"

[This message has been edited by Forever Babra (edited 03-20-2001).]

Originally posted by Tiger:

Gettting closer to done :)

This looks like it might turn out to be one of your best ones so far. Tiger, I'm curious to know how you go about making your mods. ie, do you draw them "freehand" from pictures or do you cut and paste , etc. from photos? Also, do you try for historical accuracy or just do what you think is asthetically pleasing?

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

The McNoldy Group

Originally posted by Forever Babra:

No. Ambush scheme is a very unique and specific pattern. It uses a tan dappling effect over an otherwise conventional three-colour camouflage scheme (Red-brown, dark yellow, green). The dappling resembles patterns of light, and makes the vehicle harder to spot when in foliage. Hence the name. Here's the pic Kwazydog posted on page one of this thread.

print.jpg

I've seen a ton of Panzer 1/35 & 1/16 scale models in the Ambush scheme. Just the way they look, especially the Panthers makes them look wicked. Throw in some infantry with camouflage smocks and it just looks that much cooler. IIRC, doesn't Germany's current camouflage pattern for their uniforms greatly resemble their WWII predecessors?

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

[This message has been edited by Warmaker (edited 03-21-2001).]

Tiger, I was reading about how zimmermit was not applied to the armor skirts and the turret bustle (correct terms?), so you may want to see if you can remove the zimmermit texture from those areas. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Looking great so far!

Is that Tiger tank (from Tiger) supposed to be in the ambush camo scheme,

or are the spots the last things that get added? Would be cool to see

a Tiger with a pattern like the Panther shown in that color plate. smile.gif

Nice looking mod, Tiger, as always. smile.gif

Lee, the original point of this thread was that the Tiger was never (officially) painted in the ambush scheme. The Panther above sports the ambush scheme. Tiger's Tiger is wearing the tricolor camo from the Spring 2001 collection of active wear. smile.gif