GAMESPOT now taking readers' choice votes

Combat Mission was actually nominated for two categories in their official awards, complete with boxshot and description: Best Game That No One Played (went to Allegiance, a space combat simulation...wheeee!) and Best Strategy Game (went to Shogun).

But they are now taking reader votes, and you can vote for CM in both the strategy and Game Of The Year categories.

I had to go with CMBO as Game of the Year just because I think it really does break new ground -- and is maybe twice the black hole of time that games like Diablo II are. Look: here it is 3 a.m., and although I'm not still PLAYING Combat Mission, I'm sitting here recommending it to everybody. Man, I got a problem.....

------------------

"Arms are my ornaments, warfare my repose." - Don Quixote

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Binkie:

Combat Mission was actually nominated for two categories in their official awards, complete with boxshot and description: Best Game That No One Played...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bollocks!!!!

I took Gamespot off my Favorites list a while back --- any questions why?

[This message has been edited by von Lucke (edited 12-30-2000).]

Why is it not in the Simulator Category, or am I confusing the PC Game definition of the Simulator (as in operate a vitrual pice of combat equipment) with the old wargamers definition of an historically accurate war simulator versus wargame?

Steiner STOLE my joke smile.gif

Was thinking about typing in Combat Mission for each catagory, but that would have been overkill. So, I just voted for the simulation catagory.

Thanks Lorak. I'll name my next cat after you.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

I would avoid the simulation category and focus on the strategy and Game Of The Year categories, folks.

Gamespot/Computer Gaming World has a fairly narrow definition of simulation, and it seems to be limited to the simulation of a single piece of equipment...plane, tank, etc. So there's no way CM will get enough votes in that category from the general public (to add to ours) to make it into final reporting.