TCP/IP Headcount please read

Ok Several things have prompted my posting of this....

THe discussion of Grids, the lack of an overall roster and the reluctanc of people to play via ICQ to speed up gameplay

I 'm wondering are there alot of CC2 vets here looking for TCP IP gammes that will be playble in a sitting? OR anybody that is for that matter

please add your name ONLY if you are interested

thanks

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the tcp/ip patch. Pbem games are fun, no doubt, but a touch on the time consuming side. smile.gif Have tried xferring files via icq but it didn't work, any thoughts?

[This message has been edited by SF (edited 07-22-2000).]

SF file transfers on ICQ can be great as long as both players are committed to actually playing a full game - try playing two at once with the same player and space the turns so both are taking a turn at the same time if possible :P Iw oulda been happy to play ya yesterday I finnaly gave up gettting an ICQ match around 330 pm and went to DIABLO 2

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 07-22-2000).]

Without a doubt I'm looking forward to it. I have a few friends lined up to pick up a copy of CM when it IS available...for now we get by on Hotseat play.

I just cant really play a Tactical game by PBEM. I lose continuity. Games like TOAW are fine that way, but I have to maintain a certain tempo in my attacks and a turn or two a day doesnt cut it for me.

So yes, I would also love to see a matchmaking site or something to line up TCP/IP games. I think that was one of CCx's strongest features was the ease and speed of finding a multiplayer game. Just log onto the Zone, start a game up and be playing 10 minutes later.

Talenn

I play via ICQ now, and can usualy finish a smaller battle in one evenings time. If you both get tired, its easy to save the file and resume later, with ICQ or E-mail.

The TCP/IP is going to be even faster. I'll definitely use it.

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear nothing, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

I think TCP will be a godsend for this game in multiplayer. Finally, we'll be able to BOTH plot a turn at the same time. That will keep interest focused on the match, and speed things up dramatically.

I do hope that they allow a "turn clock" to be used. Nothing really constraining, but both parties could agree to something like "15 minute turns minimum, but if we both run longer than that (say 25 minutes) then as soon as one player hits "go" the other has 5 min to wrap up."

This would avoid people going afk and causing their opponenet to have to wait an hour for them to finish their move.

Also, I'd like to see some sort of chat (with a history buffer) in the game as well.

It is unlikely I will ever play by TCP/IP and thus don't miss it a bit. PBEM suits my schedule much better. This is not to say that inclusion of TCP/IP play isn't important for the game as a whole though.

PS: SS Pansy -- whose turn is it?

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aszurom:

I do hope that they allow a "turn clock" to be used. Nothing really constraining, but both parties could agree to something like "15 minute turns minimum, but if we both run longer than that (say 25 minutes) then as soon as one player hits "go" the other has 5 min to wrap up."

Also, I'd like to see some sort of chat (with a history buffer) in the game as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that a "programable clock" (a turn timelimit with various settings that are selected at the scenario start 5, 10, 15 min.) is needed as is a chat function that will allow opponents to gather and set-up games.