9 battles based on ASL!

Wow, those maps look great! I tried to recreate one of the maps from Kampfgruppe Peiper and met with frustration. It's kinda wierd looking at those maps after playing on them for the last 20 years - or however long it has been since the 'Purple box' SL hit the shelves smile.gif Now if I could just get this doggone game to go more than six turns before locking up!! mad.gif

Guest SS Peiper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Stone:

Long live Lt Stahler (9-2) of SL fame! The luckiest leader counter I ever emplyed in SL... biggrin.gif

Stoner<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Stoner I have to give you a Big High 5 on that one, Lt Stahler was a legion in my games of SL

SS Peiper

Funny you guys should mention Lt Stahler .. I swear that guy would never break. That counter must have some special karma or something. Red Barricades was awesome! I would love to see RB converted to CM. I had the good fortune to have nine local friends who all played ASL - each one with their unique style of play. One of them went with the saying "All I need is a 9-2 and a heavy machine gun". There were basically three camps - dispersion camp (very little stacking), big stack camp (power stacks with two or three leader directed MGs in each), and the moderation camp (somewhere in between). Ahhh, so many memories smile.gif I'll never forget the time my Matilda got a critical hit with an AP round on a full platoon of infantry and took out the whole stack (plus leader) when they all tied on the critical hit die roll smile.gif Naturally my opponent was infuriated!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Notnowjohn:

I'm with Mr. Norton, I can't wait to do a piece of Stalingrad!

And by the way the site, the maps and the scenarios look great!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried using Col. Klotz' version of board 1 to create "Rooseveltgrad." I simply took SL3 and substituted American equipment in place of Russian. It didn't work too well, but has potential.

It may work better against a human, as the AI seemed paralyzed, I think because the forces were so intermingled. Also, the American squads seemed too powerful (6-6-6 vs. 4-4-7?) and a good human wave was able to overcome the German defenders very quickly. I had made all American squads regulars and all German squads veterans, and took away all organic anti-tank weapons as those were not specified in the scenario briefing.

I substituted Sherman 76s in place of T-34s, which seemed to work pretty well. As I interpret it, the Shermans have better turrets but less armor than a T-34, with guns being roughly equal. A decent trade-off, especially vs. StuGs.

When I played it as the Americans, I was able to wipe the German infantry from the board and hold all objectives, but there were three StuGs roaming the board at the end.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Strat:

Nice screenshots. How do I download the files? When I click on the link I get a page with garbled text.

Strat<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just tried to download the files myself and it's easy.

When you come to the file page, hit file in the upper left hand corner of the window, hit "save as", you'll see your scenario file from the game, and then hit save. The scenario is put into the scenario file.

Wayne.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Thanks! I hope there'll be even more scenarios out there soon.

A great thing about CM is that it works very well both for large coy/btn operations and small skirmishes/encounters.

If you have any problems downloading the files try right clicking and "Save as.."

Also note that Netscape is known for sometimes corrupting files that are not zipped. Maybe I'll put zips as an option.

Col. Klotz

[This message has been edited by Col. Klotz (edited 07-23-2000).]

Great work Col. Klotz.

Now I can really start to do some conversions of old ASL and SL scenarios.

I have a whole binder full with almost every scenario for SL, ASL, ASL Delux, RB, KGP and ASL Annual. Lots of scenarios to do if one have the time.

Thanks for a great site.

/Toni

I think I still have a SL T-shirt with the Lt. Stahler around here somewhere. And Col. Klotz the scenarios and maps are a thing of beauty. I've been waiting twenty years to see this. Can't wait to give them a try.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

Everytime I load one of these the game freezes. What's the deal?

Yes, I'm on 1.01

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has something to do with Netscape; I couldn`t get the scenarios to work until I downloaded them with Explorer confused.gif

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne:

Just tried to download the files myself and it's easy.

When you come to the file page, hit file in the upper left hand corner of the window, hit "save as", you'll see your scenario file from the game, and then hit save. The scenario is put into the scenario file.

Wayne.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tried to open one of Col. Klotz's scenarios and my game locked up, so this is not the right solution. Could someone please explain to a computer illiterate how to download these scenarios?

Wayne

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne:

Tried to open one of Col. Klotz's scenarios and my game locked up, so this is not the right solution. Could someone please explain to a computer illiterate how to download these scenarios?

Wayne

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just read the previous posting, so disregard this message.

Wayne.

------------------

Back in the old days, my Lt.Stahler used to kick my brother, SS Peipers men in the ass hahaha. He never broke, never died, and always won.

(At least thats the way I remember him.....through the smoke haze, listening to Jimmy and Janis. Just a flash back to a very good time in my life.

And now Lt. Stahler can be brought back to life (In PC land). We can see him lead his men to victory.

Great Job Col.Klotz

sniperscope