Ooo man.. that's funny.

I dont get it.

if its a joke, its not funny.

if its not a joke, its damn scary

------------------

Listen to your doubt. What we so proudly hail

Once you provoke her. Rattling of her tail.

Never begins it. Never for once engaged.

Never Surrender. Showing the pain of rage.

So dont tread on me

-Metallica-

Guest Rommel22

It's a joke so what. Someone made the article up.

The joke is the same thing as people here talking about gerbils in the military, that's just stupid. I think it's funny though, thousands of people, in tanks too marching through warsaw poland with panzelied playing in the backround. (exept for the racial thing) You can think of this as a reanectment.

Yes, yes, neo-naizism isn't funny either. nor Nazism alone.

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

I showed that to my mom, (she was 12 when Hitler came to power, grew up in Germany during the war)

It's the first time she's laughed in months,

Note; It's in bad taste, Well DUH! it's satire, which is always in bad taste, you folks don't get out much, do you?

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

Well, The Onion isn't for everyone. Especially in these politically correct times, their brand of satire rubs a lot of people the wrong way. 90% of what they put out has me on the floor, including this one.

Thanks for the link, I'd read this article awhile back but had forgotten about it!

------------------

“Thus, the M4A3E8(76)W designation meant a tank with an official Mortality of 4 minutes, Actually 3 minutes, cost Extra, and had a 76% chance of going WHOOSH." - Bullethead

Any article whose attempt at humor includes sick and twisted phrases like "turning the jewry into soap" is not really funny at all, only crass,callous,and unfeeling.I hope BTS locks this thread up,just because of the offensive link it contains.If it were one of your relatives they were speaking of with this statement, you might not find it so amusing.Some people will do anything for a dollar,this article is proof of that.For the record,I try to be Christian, I am not Jewish.It doesn't take being a Jew to see the utter stupidity of this article.

Dick smile.gif

but they are insulting in a balanced manner. i remember another Onion article describing the "desecration" of ss cemeteries: stars of david and messages like 'live, jew' were spray painted on ss graves.

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Dick here's a hint: Its a parody of the youth in Germany having too much time on their hands.. it has not a thing to do with the murder of millons.

But for the record, you get a gold star for being morally superior, k?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxx:

Dick here's a hint: Its a parody of the youth in Germany having too much time on their hands.. it has not a thing to do with the murder of millons.

But for the record, you get a gold star for being morally superior, k?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Maxx, for the star:D.But that was not my intent, nor do I pretend to be as you say in a moral sense, superior.I Wasn't trying to flame you or anyone else.I saw no harm in the article until I read the line about turning the jewry into soap,to me that's not even close to satire,it's just plain sick.My point is, as the world slowly learns to make fun of anything and everything, it also slowly learns to stop feeling things like compassion,etc.,as well.These are all learned behavoiurs to some extent,so articles like this are only teaching our children to become more cold and callous than the prior generation.I meant no disrespect to you, I was commenting on the content of the article, not you.Like always,it's only my opinion, and there are uncountable numbers of those in the world.

Dick:)

Give it a rest, Dick. If all comedy and satire had to pass through your filter of being something that shouldn't be joked about there would be NO comdey or satire in the world.

If it offends you, okay. Don't read it. You have that choice. I on the other hand find it humorous and darkly entertaining. You have your opinion and I have mine. I understnad where you're coming from, but if you are actually trying to make me care, then you are "soaping up the wrong pole". If you get my drift....

Personally I LOVE anything that is not PC. It makes me dance with glee. Tra-la-la--la-la. biggrin.gif

Jeff

[This message has been edited by jshandorf (edited 10-13-2000).]

Hello Shandorf,

And that's your perogative.So we've agreed to disagree on something,so what else is new smile.gif?Of course what you choose to read is your buisness, and what I choose to read is mine.I only expressed an opinion on the portion of the article I read.And I stopped reading once I hit ground I didn't like.There is nothing to give a rest to,I'm not arguing at all, or trying to change your opinion.I believe I'm entitled to express my opinion,just as you are yours.I'll say nothing more on the subject though, lest I ire someone else.

Dick

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

that's the whole point of the Onion...

and here is my favorite military related onion article...

"we must deploy troops..."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is funny!

------------------

What you see depends mainly upon what you look for.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dick Reece:

If it were one of your relatives they were speaking of with this statement, you might not find it so amusing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can’t think of anyone whose ancestors, at one time or another ,that were not conquered, murdered, pillaged, discriminated against, or put into slavery.

Are you saying history can’t be parodied?