What scenario will you do when you get CM?

I wonder what will be the first thing you would want to play?

Will you play canned scenario/operation/campaing?

Will you make a new scenarion?

For example:

I will play random scenario where I will defend against large allied attack...

Sorry about the title! I really managed to screw it up.

[This message has been edited by killmore (edited 03-06-2000).]

I like the idea of defending against a huge allied assault. I plan on making a really really great scenario. You'll have to see it. It will be great. I've already got it planned out. Just trust me. It will be great.

And I wanna try playing Maneri's planned Beach Invasion scenario.

------------------

Visit my webpage!

http://cm4mac.tripod.com

Guest Babra

I'm planning a scenario with a single Ami squad and an M4A3 against a German infantry company in a town with three Tigers. There's a bank in the middle of town...

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !

I would design a bruital series of operations between formations of the 3rd Canadian Division and the 12th SS Panzer Division. Both elite forces, each attacked and counterattacked many times (One Church was taken 3 times by each side!). Makes for a prime operation.

The Clearing of the Scheldt, although it will be relatively short (much like a D-Day invasion) it will be interesting!

The attack of the 2nd Black Watch Battalion against a well defended enemy, with no artillery support. (See if you can actually take the heights!)

For a bit of flavour, I am going to create some late (1944-45) Italian scenarios. The equipment will be the same, just that there would be a greater amount of rough terrain! (I remember a book depicting an ambush on a French Mechanized column, it was freakishly detailed with multiple Colour photographs!)

Just about everyone will play the Arnheim scenario.

Just for fun, A battalion of shermans going against a platoon of Jadgpanzers supported by a platoon of the biggest artillery money can buy. Plus some 16' inch guns if the germans have them. Did I mention the Jadgpanzers are hull down on top of a ridge smile.gif

------------------

The names Ash, Housewares

[This message has been edited by Ash (edited 03-06-2000).]

"I'm planning a scenario with a single Ami squad and an M4A3 against a German infantry company in a town with three Tigers. There's a bank in the middle of town..."

Sounds like a good one Barbara! smile.gif

"It's Babra!"

smile.gifsmile.gif

Guest Captain Foobar

Its funny, I want to make a defensive stand scenario for the Germans, except with plenty of time to prepare a large town for the battle.

Amis will outnumber them 3 to 1, with arty support, but the barbed wire, bunkers, and minefields will hopefully even the playing field. Victory will be measured in how long you can hold out on defense.

I can't wait to present the AI with an offensive challenge like this....

I am dying to try one of the campaigns - probably something from Market Garden or Goodwood, but it's hard to say because NO-ONE'S TELLING US WHAT'S GOING TO BE IN THE THING!!!!

Sorry about that. Had to get it out of my system. smile.gif

p.

what about the allied POW scenario? where we have underground tunnels and sneak off to Berlin and pass information to our subs? and well.... I guess that would be more of a Sim wouldn't it...

waiting for Sim Hogan...

Lorak

------------------

-------------------------

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. Without my rifle I am useless. Without me, my rifle is useless...

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

I'm looking forward to that Nijmegan scenario. It should be fun having to first take the city, have the airborne forces cross the river, and then seize the bridges. I think it's a close as the operations will come to a beach assault.

------------------

perviously known as Kid

I think Berlichtingen has the right idea: I'm sticking with the random scenarios "to forget everything I've learned" from the demo we've got now, and to work on tactics.

Then, I'll play the scenarios "blind" or "cold" against somebody else who also hasn't played them, although I'll probly save a few of them for the AI just to see how good it is.

No matter what, CM will occupy my hard-drive longer than some operating systems have. smile.gif

Guest Captain Foobar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>My intention is to play all of the scenarios that come with CM in blind PBEM's before playing against the AI.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck keeping them blind. If you frequent this forum, spoilers will be like landmines, everywhere... smile.gif

I'm going to try an keep most of the scenarios and operations blind (I'll have to try a couple). The first scenario I'll design will probably be a German counterattack described in Roll Me Over. Depending on how long they take, I'll go through my WW2 library searching for appropriate ideas, then I'll start in on fictionalized battles over areas I live in or used to live in. Fight for the Back Bay, anyone?

If you are looking for a Scenario to justify the use of American troops trying to take HEAVILY fortified German positions. Try the Third Army trying to take the Metz forts (They Couldn't!). They had to starve them out. Well entrenched SS troops vs. Patton's venerable army!

Personally, I perfer doing historical battles, and trying to succeed where someone else failed (relatively easy with hindsight!)

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 03-06-2000).]

Guest Captain Foobar

Seeing that I have designed ZERO scenarios for this game, take this statements ats it is intended, with humility.

I think it is important in our scenario design to *randomize* deployment zones. To place them in areas of the map that will be unexpected. I found that even when playing blind, for the 1st time, I expected to be able to advance safely to the "50 yd line" without encountering enemy troops.

We have to try and overcome the presumptions made due to our knowledge of the *edges of the map*. This is the sort of thing that I want to focus on in scenario design. Making players take NOTHING for granted. smile.gif

I have a couple of things in mind....Assuming 40+ scenerios in the final release...Peng and I have already agreed to keep 20 of these untouched except for games aginst each other (the sooner we can play TCP/IP the better). The others will be played vs the AI or soon to be suffering PBEM players.....as far as designing goes I would like to create a game where SS_kissmybutt has his little Panzer and I have about 40..or 50 Shermans and wipe him out in the first 20 seconds because that is all of my time he deserves.

------------------

"Tryin to be so so bad is bad enough, don't make me laugh by talkin tough" EC

I assume more time and homework have gone into the scenarios packaged with the game than I am capable of putting into one (especially since I'd rather play than design).

Combined with the scenario editor we have heard described and the talent for custom historicals and what-ifs here on the board, I plan to glut myself on freebs. PBEM, AI, may gawd help you all biggrin.gif .

I'll do an operation based on a miniature game I took part in some years ago (check it out on http://home.sol.no/~paaar/battlefield/kgwilk/kgwilk.htm NB! Very unfinished, and the big pictures takes a long (!) time loading).

The plot is as follows. Due to an unforseen American breakthrough northwards in France 1944 a hasty defense is set up along the coast with reinforcements beeing rushed to the frontline. The Germans must hold at all costs in order to secure the evacuation of a V2 base just behind the new frontline.

I'll have to downscale it a little bit, but all in all, it shouldn't be any trouble converting it. I just have to get some more info from our GM smile.gif

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason "why", our's is but to do and die!

Dang! I never get that UBB right! wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited 03-07-2000).]

Guest -panzershreck-

this will be great, you can post your scenarios on a website and we will have 100s of extra scenarios and this game wil never get boring !!!!

YEAH !!!!!

I see there are many people going to make

scenarios here. So, why not help ourselves

in scenario design ? I'm sure for historical

scenarios that gathering knowledge would be

an interesting idea. One can have the

informations about the ground, the others

about the OB....

What about building a sub-section in CMHQ

called "scenarios in progress", that would

list all the scenarios beeing made, show

which help is needed, and prevent

something from beeing done twice ?

Just my two pences, maybe it's a dumb idea

but I had the idea some times ago and was about to forget it...

Regards,

Magnus