Suggested names for CM2-4.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

While trying to spread the word about CM over at the SP:WaW Forum, I came up with a name for CM4 just off the top of my head.

How's "CM4: Blitzkrieg!" sound?

Just like CM1 is "Beyond Overlord", what would be some good names for the upcoming sequals to CM?

For CM2, how 'bout "Red Tide"

I can't think of any "global" name for CM3: Mediterranean Theater.

Please come up with some ideas, for "Eastern Front", "Mediterranean Theater", and "Early War" sound too simplistic. No offense to BTS, of course. wink.gif

I like the idea of CM4:Blitzkrieg!, myself. smile.gif

------------------

"I am not interested in the names of your fathers...nor of your family's lineage. What I am interested in...is your breaking point!"--Gen. Chang

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KILLEM ALL:

I got a name for you ASSBOY!!!! There it is a name for you. It sounds right for you knowing you and all your dirty little secrets! BAD BOY OBG!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am either missing something here, or Steve has gone slack in banning people! confused.gif

Anyway, my suggestion for CM2 is "Beyond Barbarossa" and for CM3 "Desert Rats" or "Rommel's finest hour". I second OBG's "Blitzkrieg" for CM4.

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason "why", our's is but to do and die!

God... what am I still doin' up ?

I like CM4: Blitzkrieg!

For CM2: "Thunder in the East" (stolen from somewhere)

For CM3: "Southern Front" or "Gettin' the Boot" wink.gif (you know... Italy/double entendre ? ) or "Southern Axis" or "Mediterranean Conflict". I'm sure someone can come up with something better.

I should be in Marketing ! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 04-04-2000).]

Only one problem I see with CM2 being called "Beyond Barbarossa" and that is the Soviet-Finnish wars that occurred in 1939 and beyond (Winter-War, etc.), which is being modelled in CM2 to my knowledge.

So, some of our Finnish players may take exception to the Barbarossa title. Otherwise it's a good name.

Uh... time for my sugar crash...

Good name so far. I don't know if BTS wouls pay attention to this though. But who cares, feels good to think we help.

For CM2 no good ideaof mine

For CM3 I'll bear with Hawk, "desert rats" is great. But what about DAK ? (I know it's a bit one sided as "Rommel's finest hour" though)

For CM4 "Blitzkrieg" sounds great. But what about "Panzer Marsch!"

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar

I got a name for you ASSBOY!!!! There it is a name for you. It sounds right for you knowing you and all your dirty little secrets! BAD BOY OBG!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ASSBOY? Dirty little secrets? WTF is up with that?

KILLEM ALL is this an inside joke between you and OB&G, or are you getting an early start on locking up this thread?

YO, YO, YO..........wasup wit dat stuff YO!

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

For those who are wondering, check my and KILLEM ALL's profile. We live in the same town! We've known each other all our lives. Hell, we shared a house together for a year between Oct. '97 and Oct. '98, until I had my carwreck, which at time I had to move back in with my folks after two months in the hospital.

So whatever he says is just good ol' fashion "trouble-making". He even e-mailed me this morning telling me to check my recently started topics saying and I quote, "You should check the forum. On all your topics, nothing but love for you Baby, nothing but love!"

Sad thing is, that he's almost a year and a half older than I and resorts to this crap. I guess that's why I got a B.A. in 5 years, and he took 4.5 years to get an A.S.

He'll try and rebutle this, why? Because I know him all too well.

So Steve, don't lock this thread up.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

OK, back to title brain-storming.

CM4: "Blitzkrieg" still sounds good.

Thought about CM3: "Beyond Torch", but that won't work because the Brits were already there duking it out with Rommel, but then again, there's always that "Dieppe" and "Goodwind" scenario that might be worked into "Beyond Overlord" wink.gif

I kinda like the CM3: "Gettin' the Boot".

CM2: "Beyond Barbarossa" would work, but how about "Winter War and Beyond"? or does that not bring justice to the rest of the Eastern Front?

As a joke, for CM3, how 'bout "It's raining in the Southland!"--a phrase commonly heard in the Los Angeles area. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"I am not interested in the names of your fathers...nor of your family's lineage. What I am interested in...is your breaking point!"--Gen. Chang

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moriarty:

IMHO a smiley would've helped.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, Moriarty. He doesn't know how to make smiles. Just look at his typing style. He sure as hell doesn't know UBB code, let alone HTML code.

I just figured out the HTML code a few days ago after looking at someone elses message.

Ok, understood.

For a second i thought this was going to be yet another example of an otherwise legitimate thread ending up circling the bowl smile.gif

Anyways, OB&G i like your pick for CM4 ( are you sure it isn't already taken? )

My suggestion for CM3 is "Sand and Steel".

I can't think of one for CM2. Your call smile.gif

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bamse:

CM2 : Barabarossa and Beyond

instead for "CM2 : Beyond Barbarossa".

Outherwise Barbarossa wouldnt be included, ehh?

Björn Elfström<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, good catch there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Anyways, OB&G i like your pick for CM4 (are you sure it isn't already taken?)

My suggestion for CM3 is "Sand and Steel".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would "Blitzkrieg" be taken, I'm not claiming it as my own and I'm not copyrighting it. Just thought it makes sense and is cooler than just "Early War"

But as for CM3, why not CM3:"Surfin' the Sands of Love" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

Why would "Blitzkrieg" be taken, I'm not claiming it as my own and I'm not copyrighting it. Just thought it makes sense and is cooler than just "Early War"

You're right, i was thinking of something else smile.gif Lets consider that "agua abaho de el puente" smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM2 -- Damn, it's cold!

CM3 -- Damn, it's hot!

CM4 -- Sauve qui peut!

No, but seriously:

CM2 -- Fire in the East

CM3 -- El Alamein to Anzio (yeah, I know it goes either side of that too, but this is an exercise in marketing, not truth)

CM4 -- The Blitzkrieg Begins

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

CM2: Fionn kicks Russkie butt.

CM3: Fionn kicks British butt.

CM4: The French surrender before Fionn can advance even 100 metres.

hiya Magnus wink.gif.

Seriously though I prefer a more "chronological" way of naming them since "To Moscow and back" doesn't make much sense if you play as the Russians wink.gif