WooHoo! Credit Card Charged for CM!

Never thought I'd be so excited about a charge to my credit card, but my account was debited June 3, 2000. Yeeha, the wait is almost over! And the best part is, it won't interfere with my anniversary (June 5, couldn't schedule the post chapel for the 6th)! CM or treat the wife? (It's really not much of a decision, but I would be tempted to lock the door to the computer room and play CM til I dropped)

Bob Mercer

I was having some problems with my Quicken account (my bank just merged with another) so the user rep had me check to see if I could access the account via their internet site. I did and noticed that my account had been debited the 2nd of June. I had ordered on 15 Sep 99, but had e-mailed Steve a couple of weeks ago about my current Visa check card. It was due to expire on 31 May and I told Steve the only reason I hadn't renewed was because I was waiting for them to charge CM. Maybe they just charged mine a little early because the card was due to expire. Anyway I just re-checked my account - debit of $53.00 to Battlefront.com, date of transaction 2 June 2000.

Now if I can just stop drooling.

Bob Mercer

Guest Big Time Software

Bob, I'd have to check but I think yours was charged because the Expiration date was the end of June. I know we haven't intentionally charged any cards since May 30th. But in any case, we are getting close to batch processing all of the standing orders. There is still much work to be done getting the data ready (man, you people LOVE to move around from address to address smile.gif), but the time is coming up fast.

We still do not have manuals and CDs back in our warehouse. Hopefully this will happen by early next week. I think enough screwups already so we aren't expecting any more smile.gif

Steve

Steve, Actually I'm really relieved that now I don't have to keep checking my e-mail every hour to see if Bettlefront sent me a request for a new credit card number. (What me obsessed with CM?) Why you charged me early isn't all that important to me other than it makes the whole release of CM seem like it's a certainty now.

That seems sort of a dumb response, but I guess I don't think of Big Time in the same way I think of some of the other software companies. I''ve seen the improvements over the years as I've lurked here and there. I know what efforts you and Charles have been poured into this game. So it's pretty nice to see a tangible indicator of how close the release date is.

I'm just gonna relax, and stay very frosty. Hope you fellows will get a chance to stand down a bit this summer before you're posted back to the salt mines.

Bob Mercer

Yo Steve,

You can whack my card anytime you want. It's about time you had a payday.

A little bummed that it won't be shipped till next week but I'll live (I knew it would be arriving while I was on vacation ...I just knew it).

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike_in_texas:

CM not being shipped till next week? Although I know I'm in the definite minority when I say this, but that's fine with me since I won't be home to play till the following week! (Unless I can persuade BTS to re-direct my delivery to Japan! wink.gif )

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mike,

Where in Texas are you? I am in Houston. Maybe we can start a Texas chapter of the CM fanclub by giving each other a real Texas butt-whipping in PBEM. Hey, what else are we going to do in Texas during the summer?

Allan

Allan & Jager 7,

I'm also in hot, hazy and humid Houston - the Clear Lake area.

As far as PBEMs go, sounds good to me! As I mentioned, I'll be out of town till the 19th, and hopefully by then we'll all have our precious CMs in our hands. So, you two can be my first opponents.

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jager 7:

Mike and Allan, If you get a Texas group of PBEM guys don't forget us up here in SW Oklahoma. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got it! We can't forget our neighbors north of the Red River.

Allan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike_in_texas:

Allan & Jager 7,

I'm also in hot, hazy and humid Houston - the Clear Lake area.

As far as PBEMs go, sounds good to me! As I mentioned, I'll be out of town till the 19th, and hopefully by then we'll all have our precious CMs in our hands. So, you two can be my first opponents.

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am up here in Spring. PBEM it is then! Jager 7 and I will practice while you are in Japan wink.gif You poor slob, thousands of miles away from your lonely copy of CM sitting in your mailbox.

Allan

O.K. by me if CM is another 2 weeks in coming.

Here in Australia I've got university exams on 19th & 23rd june. There is a definite chance of complete failure (that's even if I show up at the exams) if CM arrives before then!

Studying Stuka out

Mike and Allan, Sounds great to me. Haven't done a PBEM yet but am looking forward to it. I'm up here in Lawton by the way.

Have a great time in Japan Mike. smile.gif

Out here...

------------------

When the situation is obscure....attack!

CGen. Heinz Guderian

Hmm No manuals or Cds back in the warehouse yet. looks like it will be the first or second week of July before the game

ships. Hey that will be pretty cool, out for

the 4th of July maybe. Looks like I joined the forum about a month early. Usually when a much hoped for game is being developed I forget about it till it goes Gold, then the wait isnt so bad. I did that with FA/18

and European Air War. I am doing it with B17II also.

[This message has been edited by armorbuff (edited 06-06-2000).]

No CD's or Manuals, no problem.

Can you email people who have payed up front and provide a link to download it (manuals as PDF's and maybe the game segmented to help with bandwidth issues) and follow up with the CD's and manuals when they are produced?

This would help you guys with the cashflow and give the keen members a head start.

Just a thought ...

------------------

Regards,

Mark:-{)

Anxiously awaiting the G4 PowerBook

While a "downloadable" version of CM is absolutely out of the question a PDF of the manual doesn't sound like a bad idea !

It would kind of placate us drooling idiots waiting for CM, which will probably arrive while I'm in the middle of a system transition at work (movin' to a Sun system) and won't have time to even think. Yeah... yer all cryin' fer me...