The next game you will buy after CM

I emensly enjoy it when I post next to VirtualFreak! and I dont know why! wink.gif

My next game will be Screamin Demon's Over Europe Fighter Squadron (SDOE:FS). I have been waiting for this game for 2 years I think. Yes i have a mac smile.gif

After that or sometime in the near future I buy a used copy of Medal of Honor for psx. I've been wanting to check it out for a while. Anyone know if you can play as the axis?

Oh and, Castle Wolfenstien for the Apple II. "aiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee!"

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knaust:

What will be the next game you will buy after CM?...obviously apart from CM2,CM3,CM4,CMxx smile.gif

As for me:

1. Silent Hunter II

2. Harpoon IV<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

we think alike brother. My exact games. Although I might pass on SH2.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest barrold713

I have always enjoyed Napoleonic games so I am looking forward to the new Waterloo game. As I already have the Sid Meier's Gettysburg and Antietam (received Antietam as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law which way made up for the awful stuffed cabbage dinner I recently had to endure) I think it will be an excellent addition to my game library.

I am also looking forward to B-17 but I am going to wait and see the reviews to make sure it was done right before laying out the cash.

My guilty pleasure will be the next Duke Nukem for pure adrenalin laced escapism. I trust the quality of this game due to their past efforts.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

CM2 is definitly high on my list.

Would definitely buy SFC2

CounterStrike is on the list but I am not sure if I can play offline

Flanker 2.5 is on the list

So is Flanker Attack!

Hitman Codename 47 is cool

But No One Lives Forever has style

If Deus Ex 2/Theif 3 ever comes, I will buy it too.

Playing MGS when I "have time".

Heavy Metal is still on pending list.

Same for Thief 2

Too bad I have not installed GP3 yet

Thank goodness I have finished Vampire and Deus Ex before CM arrived.

Wait, I have not tried Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear in Hard level!

I am now playing BG2 on weekends, while regular CM during weekdays.

If you are thinking about BG2, be forewarned:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/011314.html

Griffin back at work...

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Just got it yesterday. Microsoft's Combat Simulator 2 (WWII Pacific Theater). Not bad at all. It beats the first one all to hell. Especially in the air to ground stuff.

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knaust:

What will be the next game you will buy after CM?...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NASCAR Racing IV

and

Stars! Supernova Genesis (Unless Nascar IV comes out first.)

------------------

Dan

Hrm, Battle of Britain does look pretty damn sweet. Thanks for mentioning it, I hadn't heard about it. It's heartening to see that it's by the same guys who did MiG Alley, as far as I'm concerned they're pretty spiffy themselves

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Hey,

Next game I bought was supposed to be Sudden Strike, BUT since they have made the bone-headed move of not releasing it in the U.S. until February 2001, my next purchase will be American Mcgee's Alice.

I play all sorts of games (shooters, RPGs, RTSs, etc...) and if you are just into gaming in general this one looks like a sure thing.

I usually don't plug anything non-CM here, but check the site if you get a chance (and don't skip the Pulse Player - it rocks). The HUGE preview movie is incredible stuff too.

http://www.alice.ea.com/main.html

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

Well I already bought my "next game" after CM. It's Shogun Total War and it is very good. Yes it is realtime combat. And Yes I have sat back and chuckled at the real timers who come into the CM forum and try to convince us True Beleivers that the only thing wrong with CM is that it is not real time. Nope CM is CM and it is a great game. And I am convinced as we all are that CM is revolutionary, immersive and just a real blast BUT Shogun is also a great game. The real time model is very easy to use, and does not usually deteriorate into a click fest due to very intuitive and flexible unit control. (You control formations, not individuals, but individuals within each formation are modeled and fight and die individually). Anyway there is a pause button so you can use it to gather yourself up and give your units orders before you unleash the hordes upon one another again. (Not really so different philosohically from turn based ed eh?) The ambiance of the game is incredible. Stormy weather on a battlefield includes such nice touches as rain squalls, clouds or fog banks that roll accross the field during the fray, affecting visibility, then blowing away and revealing the enemy's new position. FOW is great too. You have a semi-free camera in a fully modeled world. You can see the whole terranin from the area of your army, but the camera can not move very far from the position of your army, so you can see everything that the units can see, from the perspective of those unit's position only. But the 3d world of Shogun is not enough by itself to make it a great game. Shogun has a very nice 2d strategy layer too. You develop structures and technologies of your provinces, somewaht like AoE, but in a 2d turn based map. (Maybe a bit like Lords of the real 2, remember that one?) You also develop cerain personages too, generals, ninja, emmissaries and other straegically important individuals that play a role in the development of your empire. Once you are ready for some action, attack a province and you jump into the 3d world for a rousing fight. I must admit though, that Battle of Britain air sim looks mighty tempting too. So many games, ...you know the rest.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I really would like to see a CM based game for the Napoleonic period. The break in the action in CM makes it much easier to control large formations.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, the CM engine is perfect for that kind of warfare. Imagine the cavalry charges and cannon fire and infantry squares!!

I would certainly concur also that the CM system of WEGO would be better to play the full Waterloo battle. The "real time" drama can be maintained, whole armies can be managed by one player if necessary (which can't be done effectively now with the Sid's ACW games), and the appropriate "command & control" limits could be in effect too.

Guest MantaRay

Harpoon 4 looks great, not sure when it is coming out.

Hearing great things about Steel Beasts

HighHeat Baseball 2002. Simply the best sports game ever.

But I buy usually 4 or 5 games a month, so I will likely be getting more that I havent thought about.

Ray

Guest MantaRay

I do have a reccomendation for all you who like FPS games.

Swat 3 is the best and most realistic game of it's type on the market. They just released the multiplayer version. The single player is great and the AI is right up there with CM. I know you are saying it is a Sierra game and all, but it really is a classic. They put a lot of work into it folks, so check it out. God knows I have talked up CM enough on their boards biggrin.gif

Ray

HOLDIT - Century of Warfare is now IN STOCK at AMAZON.com

I guess the next game I'm getting is B17 2!

I want to thank the people here for bringing it to my attention. It looks incredibly exciting from the screenshots! It will make a great air war compliment to CM.

My choice:

-Waterloo, I can't wait for a real-time Napoleonic game, but it is disappointing it will cover one battle only!

-Age of Sails II looks quite promising.

-German/Ukraine co-produced "Cossacks" seems quite good as well. It appears to be somewhat better than Age of Kings, and covers a more interesting period from the military point of view.

To Spook and M. Bates: CM applied to Napoleonic battles has been discusssed extensively on this forum. Look for the prevoius thread.

------------------

S.Ten.® Lunari