Explosive growth! Battlefront.com doubles in size

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Hello all,

You heard it here first! Battlefront.com has just taken on 2 new hires to help it grow and become even better. Who are the "lucky" two? Anybody who has been on this BBS for more than a couple of weeks will find it no surprise that they are...

MadMatt

KwazyDog (Dan for those of you who don't know!)

More people that we can count have busted their butts for Combat Mission. However, these two individuals have shown exceptional dedication, skills, and energy over the last year of making Combat Mission a reality. Heck, Dan was putting in so many hours of work doing vehicle stuff that I wondered if he had secretly quit his day job and was instead working full time on CM smile.gif And of course, Matt's work on Combat Mission HQ clearly shows why we need to get him in and messing around with our HTML as soon as possible. Both of these guys have also done more behind the scenes for Charles and myself, not to mention Combat Mission, than can be imagined.

Dan and Matt will also both be patrolling this BBS as official Moderators, along with Charles and myself. We will also extend Moderator status to a couple others that have been unofficially doing this job for the last month. More on that later smile.gif

Matt officially started work yesterday and will be responsible for a variety of things including a total redesign of the Battlefront.com website and its customer offerings. Dan's immediate task will be to start in on the artwork needs of Combat Mission 2: Eastern Front. Dan has some existing work obligations to finish up, so his start date is November 1st, not that he isn't already asking me to get him some T-34 pics to dig into biggrin.gif

The question many of you might be thinking about at the moment is who this impacts the future of Combat Mission HQ's total package of offerings, including the mods. We are still in the process of working out the details, but let us assure you that whatever changes that take place will only strengthen CMHQ's offerings and support. Hiring Matt and Dan will not detract from their current roles at CMHQ.

Just in case anybody is curious, we are not planning on hiring anybody else for the foreseeable future. The key to our success has been, and always will be, carefully planned and managed growth. If we come to a point where we have both the need and resources to hire someone else, we won't be shy about asking people if they would like to come work with us smile.gif

(raising glass) Here is to even better things to come!

Cheers!

Steve

Charles

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good; congratulations to all involved.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Matt officially started work yesterday and will be responsible for a variety of things including a total redesign of the Battlefront.com website and its customer offerings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One plea: Please, eschew black backgrounds with violent, clashing text in all sizes from teeny-tiny to impressively big! My eyes and brain can't stand the strain. Other than that, knock yourselves out!

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Well that's just pretty damn cool. Two questions tho:

1. Why are they part of Battlefront.com and not Big Time Software, or are the 2 the same thing.

2. Why did Matt need to have surgery before he started work tongue.gif

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 09-21-2000).]

Guest barrold713

Congratulations to Matt and Dan!!!

Although Matt is well-known to only put in about 20 minutes of work per day, the amount of content he can cram into that time is truly incredible.

Congratulations as well to Steve and Charles for all of the recent good PR in the form of interviews and such.

Looking forward to what the future will bring.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

WOW

Congrats to MadMatt and Kwazy Dog Dan!!!

Thats great to hear.

I'm sure both are thrilled to be on the TEAM!

who here wouldn't be?

Best wishes for future growth, at this rate you'll be looking to hire FOUR more of us smile.gif maybe by this time next year (assuming the same growth to DOUBLE in another year)

smile.gifsmile.gif

Cheers to ALL!

-tom w

If the signing bonus is my own personal Weasel, I'm ready to go!!! wink.gif

On a related note, I found a website a few weeks ago for a company in Florida that builds fullsize replica vehicles. They did a number of Armored Recon Cars (full 8 wheeled gizmo, turret, et al) in the past two years, and their design project for the coming year or two is a replica Panther I think. Now if I could just find the site again. mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by virtualfreak:

Im courious,will matt and dan be working at big time's main office or have any of you guys actually ever seen each other?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanted to but they won't let me in! frown.gif

Madmatt

Time to change my sig probably....

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing