Poll - What's Your Favorite German Tank?

I'm curious as to what people's favorite tanks are. I have several, but I'll start with just one:

WIRBELWIND

I believe it's the BEST anti-infantry unit the Germans have (even though it's anti-air).

Plus I LOVE the sound it makes when it shoots.

Tiger I. Cool. smile.gif

I use JpzIV/70 the most, cause it's so effective,

but I don't like it.

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

I'll second the Panther G. Damn thing eats Shermans for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know, I have fed it a fair number of times. mad.gif

the Gullieonio Mark U-B70 with its dual double action taps... not to mention its smooth deflecting crematics that came in Egg white for winter campains and a hardy Terracotta for those desert actions, although the Machido K-5/a has my eye since it comes with a adjustable soap holder... I don't care if you Gronads think they sux, if Hitler did'nt pull them out of production (from Napels I think) It would have change the whole war...

But I must admit the Hungarian Fazoli D made it to my favorite tanks even thought it could not take on those German/Italian tanks on a one on one battle they were dirt cheep and had a stylish toothbrush holder. smile.gif

was the Fazoli D taken out of production in 1944 or 43? darn my memory

The Tiger tank, what else?

tigersnap1.jpg

new type (late) roadwheels, numerous minor improvements (getting rid of alot of graphical defects). Have this newer version plus the cleaned up version with the early model roadwheels as well. Maybe Madmatt can post these zips for me wink.gif

-johnS

well, VW Kübelwagen, obviously. ok....so I'll settle for "best light tank", but give me a Kübi, and I will take onto your worthless american Jeep (unarmed) any day!

[This message will not be edited for the time being. We are sorry for any inconveniance this might cause.]

I love the Tiger I (Price! Power! Protection!).

Also the StuG IIIG is great for it's price. It has a good gun and is fast with ok armour. Sounds good to me. It's also cheap and has w MGs.

I don't even think I need to mention the Hetzer. It's just amazing.

And the StuH 42 (late) is great.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

That H39 is one damm fine tank! I had 4 of them lay down suppressive fire on a conscript MG team, and after four turns they actually made him duck his head!

I am fully convinced that Wittman would have driven the British to a second Dunkirk if he was given an H39. His talents were wasted on the Tiger.

------------------

Wow, I've had the **** hit the fan before, but never like this...

Come to think of it, my fav axis favoring tank is the Archer.

No single piece of hardware is most favorable to the Axis.

Beats the PantherG hands down.

When playing the allies, the PawBroonMk1 is also a good german asset.

biggrin.gif

See you in the SuperBrawl...

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 08-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

That H39 is one damm fine tank! I had 4 of them lay down suppressive fire on a conscript MG team, and after four turns they actually made him duck his head!

I am fully convinced that Wittman would have driven the British to a second Dunkirk if he was given an H39. His talents were wasted on the Tiger.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh please if he had a Gullieonio Mark U-B70 he would have cleaned house! just think those dual dual double action taps blazing away! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA *click* BOOM BOOM! would have been a sight to see..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpinard:

I'm curious as to what people's favorite tanks are. I have several, but I'll start with just one:

WIRBELWIND

I believe it's the BEST anti-infantry unit the Germans have (even though it's anti-air).

Plus I LOVE the sound it makes when it shoots.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tiger I, the first very good German tank. Somewhat under the Panther vs tanks, but the 88 gun has more power vs grunts.

Else I'm fond of the StuH42 and JPzIV

err..read my post "LOL..PanzerIV takes 49 Jumbo hits"...may be my new fave hehe

ps in my PBEM, for armour, i got 2 tanks vs about 8 enemie armour...tiger took out 2 armours..its now brewing in a ball of fire...my Panther took 2 hits already from the crew that killed the tiger..and brewed that tank killer so bad it made Hiroshima look like a bic lighter..i got my one Panth and about 20 surley broken troops left so the tanks got some work to do...oh....i forgot...5 seconds to go on 300mm rockets landing on three houses LOADED with enemy infantry and tank busters smile.gif