The only rightly justified vehicles to be included in a future vehicle patch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that would be kinda nice (and historically correct) would be the implementation of captured vehicles in german service. Like the skoda tanks and some of the french, italian and russian tanks.

This could also serv as a test plaform for the future games of combat mission.

but... as ive said before, what is really needed is allied anti air... didnt the allies use any older tanks in the western front by the way? or were they only using shermans, churchills and cromwell tanks?

could be kinda nice to have a Lee or Grant

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

[This message has been edited by Oddball_E8 (edited 09-26-2000).]

Sosabowski: I think what you were referring to was an early attempt at a TD, and it was a light AT weapon mounted on the Beep (slightly larger than the Willys Jeep). It didn't prove successful (no room for ammo or a crew), and yes, they later put a larger gun on a halftrack. I know several of this type were shipped to the Russians; not sure how many saw action with US forces in Europe.

Now, what I would like to see is the STAGHOUND. My Canadians need an armoured car with some teeth.

The BRUMMBAR is a close second.

GAFF

I concur with the sherman caliope!

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to get a one off immediate artillery strike once in a while.

Also i would like to have minefields which were not marked!!! smile.gif

It seems a bit odd that they always are!

------------------

You can't have everything - where would you keep it

• 2 weeks later...

Sturmmorser!! I've always wanted to see what one of these babies could do with its 380mm rocket. It is reported that a single shot fired by a Sturmmorser completly destroyed three M4 Shermans. eek.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

I'd like the panzer III's and kruppe protze trucks, and muntionschleppers.

BTW the 37mm M6 GMC was used in limited numbers in North Africa and the Pacific only and withdrawn from service when it's shortcomings became all too bloodily apparent, FYI cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

[This message has been edited by pzvg (edited 10-05-2000).]

Common vehicles? How about the M-24 half-tracked mortar carrier (the one where the mortar actually points to the front)?

Rarer? I too vote for French vehicles. The 21st Pz. Div. in 1944 was armed primarily with captured stuff.

Rare? Everything. If you want common choose common. If you want to see how shells it takes Stuermtiger to knock down a building, go ahead.

------------------

Will

---

"The truly great thing is not to lose your nerve." --Unknown.

Quartermaster vehicles, to resupply ammo for troops and vehicles in the field.Perhaps the vehicle(truck?)would park and any trooper or vehicle would have to "embark"and than be replenished back to full starting combat load.Limit the number of resupplys available per quartermaster vehicle.Or be able to purchase a resupply for all units on a specific turn durring the buy phase.

------------------

"NOW THE GENERAL WHO WINS A BATTLE MAKES MANY CALCULATIONS IN HIS TEMPLE ERE THE BATTLE IS FOUGHT. THE GENERAL WHO LOSES A BATTLE MAKES BUT FEW CALCULATIONS BEFOREHAND. THUS DO MANY CALCULATIONS LEAD TO VICTORY. AND FEW CALCULATIONS TO DEFEAT. HOW MUCH MORE NO CALCULATION AT ALL"

PEACOCKS PRINCIPLES OF WAR

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

IMHO i think the only ones that should be upgraded are the allies. Mainly with AA vehicles as these are completely abscent.

This makes the allied forces very vulnerable to air attacks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As is almost all Allied vehicles are AA vehicles, since they have flex MGs, so the Allies are less vulnerable than the Germans against air strikes. This I found out in a test scenario I did just to see how effective/erratic FBs are in CM.

Setting up some more than half a dozen US AFVs in open and sending in a couple of German FBs, the latter were met by a hail of MG fire, until the AFVs were buttoned up.

German vehicles usually have no AA capability, so the Germans need dedicated AA units to have any defence at all.

Back to main issue:

Still I would like to see the Allied AA units, but only 'cause they were there.

Axis units lacking are Brummbär, PzKwIII, as noted, and the Char B1bis and Suoma tanks used by the German training divisions and 21st PzDiv in Normandy.

These originally French tanks will provide an option for more balanced tank battles.

Oh, and don't forget Grübers "little tank", the SdKfz222. How else would we reproduce 'allo 'allo? wink.gifeek.gif

Cheers

Olle

[This message has been edited by Olle Petersson (edited 10-06-2000).]

Any of the following would be welcome additions to the authenticity of the the German OOB:

Buessing NAG 6.5 ton truck or,

Krupp 3 ton 6x4 or,

Henschel type 33G1, 6x4, 3 ton truck or,

Daimler-Benz, type G3a or,

Opel "Blitz" or,

Krupp "Boxer" 6x4 Kfz 70

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

• 1 month later...

All the British 'funnies' are missing. I don't mean the D Day ones specifically, but there were a lot of varients that were used like bridge layers, mine clearers. Mine clearers should be added to the game for all sides.

Also where is the MkIII? They were present in Normandy weren't they? There should be more MkIV varients too, and each model have seperate BMP numbers. It would be nice to see a bit of change between the

models.

One thing I've never had the guts to ask till now is... Why is the Tiger 1 designated MkVIE and the King Tiger designated MkVIB. Could someone email me or post the answer and let me know. Thanks.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lordfluffers:

All the British 'funnies' are missing. I don't mean the D Day ones specifically, but there were a lot of varients that were used like bridge layers, mine clearers. Mine clearers should be added to the game for all sides.

Also where is the MkIII? They were present in Normandy weren't they? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently not, from previous discussions on the board it seems they were only present as command tanks.

As for funnies, not all of them are missing. The Crocodile and the AVRE Petard count as funnies. I agree with Allied mine-sweeping tanks, it would be great to have them, but I would like to see some documentation for German minesweeping tanks, I have never seen any (then again, I am no grog). Bridgelayers would be very nice, although they were probably only used very rarely. In a number of books about UK divisional histories I have read, I had them mentioned once or twice, IIRC. They would be a real low-priority issue IMO.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-14-2000).]