The only rightly justified vehicles to be included in a future vehicle patch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *Captain Foobar*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>SturmTiger!

Blah blah blah rarity, blah blah blah.

SturmTiger SturmTiger SturmTiger!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Elijah!

I think I just found my new sig... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by *Captain Foobar* (edited 09-24-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I think fully modelled battleships would be nice. And what about B-17s and B-29s on the ground? Heck, I would also like to see some U-Boats for the Rivers, never know when you will run into one of those....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget the Giant Prairie Squid. That 100 foot plus tentacled devil that could fly at great speeds for short periods of time and snatch bombers out of the sky, devouring them in their razor-sharp beaks. =|

Kitty =^..^=

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think fully modelled battleships would be nice. And what about B-17s and B-29s on the ground? Heck, I would also like to see some U-Boats for the Rivers, never know when you will run into one of those....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real WW2 troopie joke:

A sergeant has placed a private out on an OP and, before leaving him, asks him some questions to make sure the private knows what he's supposed to do. Of course, being a sergeant, he takes the opportunity to screw with the troop.

Sergeant: What do you do if enemy infantry comes out of those woods to your front?

Private: I call for fire on them with Registration Dog 6 using this phone right here. And report it to you on this other phone.

Sergeant: What do you do if enemy tanks come out of those woods?

Private: Same thing.

Sergeant: What do you do if an enemy battleship comes out of those woods?

Private: I torpedo it.

Sergeant: Where you gonna get the torpedo?

Private: Same place you got the battleship.

No doubt this private dug a great many extra foxholes over the next few days smile.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gen. Sosaboski:

Also, the jeeps with the 37mm guns on them would be nice to have-speedier and easier to hide than a Stuart, although less armored. I saw a few pictures of these in a book about American TDs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall any cannon armed jeeps, but there was a version of the M3 armed with a 75mm Howitzer that made it over to Europe with some recon companies. Not even sure how many of them were still in use by 1945, my bet is not many.

Guest Shatter50

Mainly with AA vehicles as these are completely abscent.

This makes the allied forces very vulnerable to air attacks.

Shatter here

I agree the allied certainly need AA vehicles. The only reason I could think why they are not included is the fact that by D-Day the German air force was almost non-existence.

All the common vehicles have been done already. The add-on

is supposed to have the rare and exotic vehicles that weren't

included in the first release of CM. So rare and exotic is what we

expect. smile.gif I agree that the quad .50 apc should be in there.

But, when you're talking cool vehicles, one of the ones in the add-on

should be the kugelblitz, the coolest mobile AA gun in the war. smile.gif

By the way, this is going to be an add-on that you buy, not a free patch.

And it will be worth every cent with a bunch of cool new rare vehicles to

battle with. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I don't recall any cannon armed jeeps, but there was a version of the M3 armed with a 75mm Howitzer that made it over to Europe with some recon companies. Not even sure how many of them were still in use by 1945, my bet is not many.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All ready in the game: M8 Howitzer Carriage.

------------------

Pair-O-Dice

"Once a Diceman, Always a Diceman."

Love to see the one's mentioned so far.

How about US 155 SP arty? (M12?)Just right for bustin' through the Westwall. I think Steve emailed me that they were considering it for the Gold release, but evidently it didn't make it due to time constraints.

And, I hate to say it, some of the French tanks in German colors for the Normandy scenarios. Well, they're gonna need 'em for CM4 anyway, so....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hnh3_cm:

No, no!

That is the common Forest Squid. It is often mistaken for an immature Giant Prairie Squid. It is an honest mistake, as the two are nearly indistinguishable.

I should know. I took three semesters of Squidology in junior college.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops. Sorry. My mistake. Maybe you can help me out with the I.D. of this one. www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/1468/giantsluggo.jpg I'm told it's a Giant Slug but I'm not sure my source is 100% correct. Thanks. =)

Kitty

Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F.

Oh, did I mention:

Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F, Panther F.

biggrin.gif

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"You can take anything you want, but you better not take it from me"

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 09-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gen. Sosaboski:

Also, the jeeps with the 37mm guns on them would be nice to have-speedier and easier to hide than a Stuart, although less armored. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, just what we need... AT Jeeps to follow up those notorious Jeep recon forces! rolleyes.gif

------------------

“Out in front every one is holding out. Every one. My grenadiers and my engineers and my tank crews – they’re all holding their ground. Not a single man is leaving his post. They are lying silent in their foxholes for they are dead.” – Gen. Fritz Bayerlein on an order to hold his position