The only rightly justified vehicles to be included in a future vehicle patch

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullethead:

"The only rightly justified vehicles ..."

Before you all get carried away with wish lists, I don't think BTS should add any vehicles until they solve this rightly justified bug.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially since some people consider right OR left justification "gamey".

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the inclusion of night combat in the game, the only logical course of action here would be to accurately recreate the "Sperber" units which were purportedly in action with the 116th Panzer Division. The SdKfz 251/? "Falke", SdKfz 251/20 "Uhu", Panthers equipped with the ZG 1221, and Grenadier squads utilizing StG 44 mounting Vampir night sights. The FOW technology in CM could easily accomodate the calculations necessary for night combat with these devices. As PzKpfw I mentioned the Panther Ausf F would be another logical choice along the same lines. If one really wants to go to the rare and very cool side, the E-Series tanks ware absolutly a must. The Sturm Tiger and the Stuka Zu Fuss were used at far greater ranges than CM maps allow, and would have to be included as spotters. The BrummBaer was a notable absence as was the kettenkraftrad. The Super Pershing is already in the game, which astounded me, as it was virtually vaporware at that point in time, as was the Ostwind, Puma, and Flammpanzer Hetzer; this in turn invalidates any arguments towards avoiding "rare" or "not quite used" equipment. I'd also like to see the Pzgr 40 round distributed to units other than the 5 cm pak. That round was more common than people think. I would like to see the Panzerfaust 150 and 200/250 series which were made, but not used in any vast quantity.

I personally think that the vehicles should be opened up to the MOD community to create and modify as they see fit. The CM community has shown it is dedicated to playing this game and producing quality material in support of it. I hereby officially petition BTS to allow this to happen. Nothing I would like more than to be able to design ,texture, and play my own armored creations. There are so many vehicles that were used in WWII that treadheads such as myself will probably never be satisfied with the selection available to them. wink.gif

------------------

The words you say, never seem to live up to the ones inside your head.... C.Cornell

[This message has been edited by BumbleBear (edited 11-15-2000).]