The only rightly justified vehicles to be included in a future vehicle patch

Ive seen many threads on what vehicles should be included in an eventual vehicle patch for CM1, but alot of them asks for german super tanks or extremely rare tanks or vehicles.

IMHO i think the only ones that should be upgraded are the allies. Mainly with AA vehicles as these are completely abscent.

This makes the allied forces very vulnerable to air attacks.

Id like yáll to give your oppinions on what should be included.

And no Mega rare ultra heavy tanks please!

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *Captain Foobar*

They both sound pretty rare to me, but I am in favor of the most commonly used vehicles over the obscure, however that works out.. smile.gif

Id agree. I would say create a list of all missing vehicles from the theatre and then label them as most common to most rare. Then start to include those that are most common first. End of story.

As far as adding new vehicles go, that would be nice. I think the same approach should be taken with features and or fixes. List them all out, and assign a priority level to them then start at the top. I know this isnt rocket science and is a quite obvious approach, but I wanted to post it nonetheless.

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 09-23-2000).]

"The only rightly justified vehicles ..."

Before you all get carried away with wish lists, I don't think BTS should add any vehicles until they solve this rightly justified bug. I mean, what good does it do us to have new vehicles when they're all jammed against the right side of the screen already? (G,D,RLH)

Serioulsy, the M15 and M16 seem to be the vehicles most needed at present

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

I would like to see the other SPW variants, and OP tanks.

Some of the smaller German tanks too, like PzKpfw IIIs. Maybe the time period doesn't allow for that, I don't know.

What about that remote controlled explosive charge the Germans had, about the size of a large turtle (and probably as fast)?

smile.gif

That's the Goliath thing mentioned.

I'd like to see the Maus, Brümmbar and the US AA HT's.

The Super Pershing was extremly rare (I think maybe 1 saw combat) but it's in. The Churchill AVRE wasn't going to be included but it was put in eventually.

The Maus would just be fun.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

Guest Lord General MB

Sirs,

I think vehiles have been done to a max!

what we need now is some more arttilery.

In thoose REALLY big games don't you think someone would be able to SEE a battery of 105mm guns, or a German rocket vehicle....

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Sirs,

I think vehiles have been done to a max!

what we need now is some more arttilery.

In thoose REALLY big games don't you think someone would be able to SEE a battery of 105mm guns, or a German rocket vehicle....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Biggest map size is what, 3 miles squared(I'm guessing, but can't check at the moment)

I know it's a low ammount even though the maps look big.

Since the game is squad level, and the larger fighting forces you see on the map are batallions, it would be way out of scope to See the source of the rockets/shells. But, even if you did it wouldn't mean much to you without giving your troops god mode LOS that calculates exact distances. You report it in to HQ, they report it to someone doing counter-battery fire, but the cbf people need more than just your guess as to where it's coming from(unless you've got really, really flat terrain and the artillery is way too close to the front and you've got a special sense of coordinents.

You could try to move men to the artillery laden rear, but that would be like trying to envelope a division with a batallion due to the ammount of men you'd need if you still wanted to concentrate on the victory locations way, way, way up front of the artillery. You'd have to bypass the frontlines right away just to have time to get to the rear given the games timeframe.

Off board artillery is just that for a reason.

---- addendum:

Ignore that god mode LOS comment, as I just realised that your troops already have it. It's still out of scope anyways.

[This message has been edited by Pham911 (edited 09-23-2000).]

I want to add my vote to the SturmTiger, that could be very funny, given the rate of fire. Wasn't the SturmTiger more for the Eastern Front, though? I don't know.

If artillery is going to be added, train artillery should be considered.

More Allied units would be welcome as well.

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Pham9111: There are cases when off board artillery would be ON board. I.e. a behind the lines sneak attack... or a company sent to silience some heavy guns that have been slowing an amroued advance. You see; this would add some background or gameplay. Plus: God mode? No No No No... You'd have a spotter order the guns to fire as normal, and then you would see them turn, arm fire! kinda like BIG mortars....

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Sir,

Pham9111: There are cases when off board artillery would be ON board. I.e. a behind the lines sneak attack... or a company sent to silience some heavy guns that have been slowing an amroued advance. You see; this would add some background or gameplay. Plus: God mode? No No No No... You'd have a spotter order the guns to fire as normal, and then you would see them turn, arm fire! kinda like BIG mortars....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I was confused because you had specified a big map, which I took to mean that there would be the battle line, and then artillery way, way back.

But, it's still out of the scope anyways to add new artillery(the big guns). There are already scenarios out there that have raids on artillery groups, but the artillery in those is 105mm or so. If you modeled the larger guns they'd be unable to depress enough to directly fire at oncoming troops in the immediate area(much of the map, realy), which would make them useless.

So, if you wanted to make a raid on artillery scenarios, you can either use lesser guns, or just have a briefing that states the artillery is located in the big clearing and the player has to overwhelm a security company to win("destroy the imaginary artillery once the defenders are removed"). It doesn't seem worth including the graphics for something that can't easily fire on the same map it's on.

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

When I say "Graphic repersention for guns," what I'm saying is as follows: I think having some big guns (I.e. all that are included in the game {execpt the 14 inch of course}) pointed towards the sky in the form of a battery blasting targets called in by a spotter would be pretty cool. Now, to make this work a few things most be inclueded: 1) They would be MUCH less afective without a spotter. 2) to make up for the abbiltey to call in souport without a spotter, there point value would have to be boosted massivley. 3) once a game starts the battery is TOTTALY IMOBILE. 4) Being large they make good targets for aircraft thus AA MUST be included in the battery. These few changes can easily inhanse the game and still keep it fair. If anyone has any other ideas PLEASE tell me.

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

IMHO i think the only ones that should be upgraded are the allies. Mainly with AA vehicles as these are completely abscent.

This makes the allied forces very vulnerable to air attacks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What air attacks? The Germans get no air support in the game for the very good reason that they got damn-all in real life.

Otherwise, I agree with you. smile.gif

I also agree with the suggestion to represent the UK armored cars.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

And no Mega rare ultra heavy tanks please!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, this is really an artillery piece I guess, but since it moved on rail tracks I think it could be counted as a vehicle.

Anyway, I think it makes sense since railroad tracks are included in the game that there should be something that can use them. Therefore I propose that the German 800mm rail gun, "Dora," be included as an update. =|

Kitty =^..^=