Need better kill statistics!

Hey every Irwin Rommel try hard out there!

I got some serious problems with this game.

Ive downloaded the demo, im gonnna get the final product...i am able to take out armour and vehicles out with no problem...but infantry give will be the death of me!

And i quote *150mm canon with a blast radius bigger than my room isnt able to kill a single trooper!!!* why is that...also the troops are extremely sensitive to incoming fire.... an mmg opens fire on an advancing team and they decide to turn around, it seems as if they cannot move when being fired upon, its ridiculous at 500m a mmg fires upon some troops and the troops are pinned YOUVE GOT TO BE JOKING, hey not to be a drag but some graphics have to be improved too!

This game would be the best if it was 3d not sprites, thats all!

------------------

~Veni Vidi Vici~

Welcome to the wonderful world of CM PraetorianXXI.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And i quote *150mm canon with a blast radius bigger than my room isnt able to kill a single trooper!!!* why is that.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt that, the kill info from the gun crew gives the CONFIRMEND number of kills for the weapon. Fog of War remember. Select the unit you fired upon to get a better notion of casualties caused. And then again murphy could be watching and you are experiencing near misses.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>also the troops are extremely sensitive to incoming fire.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As they should be, they only got one life smile.gif. Putting infantry in command radius of their platoon/comapny leaders should make them more 'heads strong'. Also don't MOVE infantry over large open spans of terrain, but make them RUN from cover to cover.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>hey not to be a drag but some graphics have to be improved too!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It's not Quake III and was never ment to be. If you don't like the graphics you can edit the .bmp files yourself.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> This game would be the best if it was 3d not sprites, thats all! !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh ? The only sprites are the trees, what do you mean?

Grtz S Bakker

------------------

Visit my CM site!

The bunker: http://bunker.panzershark.com

Another proud member of the Panzershark webring. :)

> also the troops are extremely sensitive to > incoming fire.

This is a function of the type of soldier advancing and the type of incoming fire. In the demo, you haven't really seen the high-quality troopies yet. You have to look at the experience of your men and command them accordingly. If they're green, yeah they're gonna run. If they're regular, they might break the first try but if you have a good commander you can rally them back and eventually get them to go where you want them to go. If they're elite - well you've got less to worry about. You definitely see a big obvious difference in how the different qualities behave under fire.

p.

to the first dude who replied>

the houses sure as hell look like little sprite stuck together!!!

and if i edit the bmps wont the game be out of sync?!?!?!? duhhhh

to the second guy>

yeah its the demo i realise but.....why will a commander lets say the US one run at a panzer defensive line (maybe hes just stupid) shoot a couple handgun rounds and then run back weird!!!

First dude says;

What i meant was that only the trees are represented as 'flat sprites' in the game. All other objects (houses, tanks, troops etc) are 3-D models with 'BMP's wrapped around them' if you get my drift. confused.gif

And yes you should know what you are doing when editing BMP's. Get over to http://combathq.thegamers.net/whatsnew.html to see some great new winter textures.

Oh and ....... dduhh !! smile.gif

Grtz S Bakker

Hey Praetorian dude, when you edit the BMP graphics, the only difference will be on your computer. No problem for PBEM's, since the code remains untouched.

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

Ok thnx i c now, i wish this was realtime

damn it would of been great

(frustrating more likely)

and i dont have attitude ... :P

im just new to this (not to strategy)

ive seen some good games in my time!

and i was wondering, what happens to embarked troopers, they seem to disappear!!!

i havent gotten round to see one fall off or anything!!

OH YEAH I MAY BE GREEN but i captured 147 americans i feel very proud!!!

Ok thnx i c now, i wish this was realtime

damn it would of been great

(frustrating more likely)

and i dont have attitude ... :P

im just new to this (not to strategy)

ive seen some good games in my time!

and i was wondering, what happens to embarked troopers, they seem to disappear!!!

i havent gotten round to see one fall off or anything!!

OH YEAH I MAY BE GREEN but i captured 147 americans i feel very proud!!!

------------------

~Veni Vidi Vici~

I appreciate your replies

you guys still didnt answer one question what programming did they use to make the game?

also i meant when a tank ETC explodes what happens to the embarked troops?

I GOT A NEW QUESTION, why are big teams onyl represented by 3 men rather than lets say the whole eleven, this is a stupid concept because if one is braver than the other he may rally them, rather than the majority counts.... and another thing i havent actually seen mines do their job, in the demo my frint line was broken cause the dam things didnt work, i even tried putting up axis 200% to get more of em for a hard line but they stil could get past it i dont understand.....and what the diff. between the daisy chain mines and the normal antitank mine?

Praetorian XXI....I noticed that you are a computer Engineer by trade. The Programing questions you have would need to addressed by BTS and not your fellow gamers. Also there is an excellent search engine avaiable for your use that will answer many, if not all of your questions. As to the effect of arty on troops...well why not just ask my PBEM OPFOR's what they think of it...LOL I think you'll find it works rather well. I hope you continue to play the demo. All of us who had to get used to the "We Go" formula used by CM. The Game is ground breaking for wargames.

Welcome to the Forum

To answer your question about the whole teams being represented by only 3 figures. The faq on the Battlefront homepage addresses that question. It has to do with battlefield clutter and system strain.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur