CALL TO ARMS!! VOTE FOR COMBAT MISSION

95% is what i gave it. I have 12 meg Voodoo 2 and the display is awful because BTS decided to make it stay at 640 x 480! I'm quite upset at that.

------------------

Hey I already got blown today, thats more than most people that read these threads!

- Madmatt

My website!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave it a 97. I was really hoping for two brand new scenarios. Tears in my coffee on that one so no real deduction there. Besides that I had to pull my voodoo 2 card out to get the game to run as designed. I don't think I'm playing GLIDE only games anymore so I only gave it a minor hit on that problem. My viper 770 runs the game just fine.

P.S.: 1634 downloads, 278 votes, 94.2 rating.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

[This message has been edited by EScurlock (edited 05-16-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

95% is what i gave it. I have 12 meg Voodoo 2 and the display is awful because BTS decided to make it stay at 640 x 480! I'm quite upset at that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be really really upset to give it 95%, Colin. smile.gif I gave it 100, on the gounds that I see it as relatively perfect, and certainly the best game I have seen in ages, if not ever.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Big Time Software

Colin - the shipping version of CM won't do that to your Voodoo2. It'll run in whatever resolution the desktop is set to, provided the card can handle it. (IIRC, the Voodoo2 can do 800x600).

Charles

Add my 100 to the score. CM is now up to 94.5 I am a silent member of this message board for 6 months now.

However, I did contribute to this game - do a search on the smoke graphics and you will find my input from many months back. I was glad to see some fruits from my efforts - even though I was told it couldn't be done back then. I was also glad to see that many players enjoy the new smoke graphics.

Any company that listens to some input from little ol' me - even though it was on a small-scale level, deserves my support. Great job on this game by the way -- I fully support you guys! I pre-ordered this baby half a year ago smile.gif

Kazom

Thanks SS Panzer smile.gif

Actually before I get a reply to what I said ... hehe I just checked ... you have to search my name ...Kazom ... and my remarks pop up about smoke in a thread from 9-16-99, I guess that means i've been actually following this board for closer to 9 months smile.gif Thanks for the welcome though ... I feel I know many of you guys already actually smile.gif Can't wait for CM.

Kazom

Yo, Yo, Yo !!!!

Very good work. I gave it a %97.

Still alot of things I would like to see added. But this is the best war game ever, hands down.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

I think it is heartwarming... What is heartwarming you all may be asking...

Correct me if I'm wrong but this game is almost a come from behind sleeper hit!

I mean to be honest I think a long time ago in a video game magazine I saw a brief little blurb/review of this Game before it was much more than a wet dream of a demo.

I remember so well because I had just started playing table top wargaming, and fell in love with the WWII versions. I may like sci fi stuff a little better but the WWII stuff was just so much more realistic.

Anyway the review (obviously written by a bunch of ridilin boys) was less than perfect. These crowd pleasing blowhards actually gave Cm (or a similar game if it wasn't cm) a bad rep due to it's turn based engine. Saying something like "If you don't mind being cooped up for hours planning strategy and then watch it happen for only a minute, or if your a die hard wargamming enthusiast this game is for you." Ok so maybe this game isn't for everyone I'll give you that, and I do see what they mean about the amount of time spent playing one scenario. but could they stop kissing the asses of 12 year olds with sugar addictions.

all you guys who made this game deserve a great big slap on the back for a job well done, a medal, and a shot at the us senate.

I gave it a 100 and would have voted twice if cm had not been the highest rated game!

As far as strategy games go, if I could play any game I mean ANY game with the best computer, I would play CM. Sure maybe it might not have some of the flash of a few games out there... but does it need it? Get down and close to your sherman while it's getting into a battle with some german monster of a tank and you tell me if you don't flinch when you hear that gut wrenching clank of a direct sherman killing hit. Or squirm as your faithful footsoldiers run for their objective under fire.

So a scenario can take all evening... So does a good game of chess... And both require brains luck and skill to win and play well. It's nice to know there are at least a few hundred intelligent people out there who have good taste!

"Only game I play as much as CM is The mod for half life, Counterstrike... I think my girlfriend is getting pissed now... heh she wants to play!"

-Demangel

• 8 months later...

We are doing a bum-rush on them now. hehe

When I voted, it said 914 votes. Is that accurate? Can you vote more than once?

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

[This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 01-26-2001).]

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Voted.

100 rating given.

Current stats: 63.8 at 932 votes.

If I find whoever gave it a bad rating I will hunt you down. Freedom of choice be d****d, I am kidding of course, or am I?

------------------

"'S muladach ma theid ar sgaoileadh..." -Duncan Ban Macintyre

Done. But all them figers are confusing. I just voted excellent in all categories, but I'm not sure what percentage was what when I voted. Figured I'd just stay tuned to Tom Brocaw. Did we win Florida? smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)