TCP/IP release update

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

OK folks, here is the latest...

CM 1.1 Beta went out to our wider testing group this weekend. They are going to pound away at it for a few more days, then it goes public. Expect to see the new patch uploaded on Monday or Tuesday of next week (27th or 28th of November).

CM 1.1 will not only give you guys TCP/IP play, but it will also fix a whole slew of minor bugs as well as introduce some requested tweaks. The major bugs fixed (off the top of my head) are as follows:

1. The information about Hull Down is now correctly calculated and displayed (something broke in 1.05).

2. A bug that prevented units from spotting each other at distances over 2000m has been squashed.

The most important enhancements, that I can think of, involve Quick Battles. The ratios of Attacker/Defender points have been adjusted in favor of the Defender for Attack and Assault games. Further, Fortification prices have been reduced so that the Defender can now afford to purchase quite a nice little nest of trouble in Assault games.

That's all for now smile.gif

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 11-20-2000).]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Network play is almost among us. biggrin.gif Also good to here about some game tweaks as well.

------------------

--"We want information."

--"Information."

--"Information."

--"Who are you?"

--"The new Number 2."

--"Who is Number 1?"

--"You are Number 6."

--"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

--"Hahahahahahahaha."

cool, by the time im back from vacation the patch will be there. :]

who has a cm page where we can find tcp/ip opponents instantly?

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Guest barrold713

Thanks for the update Steve. I am sure everyone shares in the appreciation and anticipation of getting the patch as soon as possible.

I am curious as to the details of your adapted approach to implementing the TCP/IP after the initial method did not work out.

Again, kudos to the whole team for your continuing efforts. You guys are beyond swell.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

WooWoah! Xmas is early again this year! biggrin.gif Thanks! Cant wait!!!

GriffinCheng+ (mac version), CDIC, LaiKay, if u r reading -- I am bringing our online challenge public!

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Guest kking199

I am giddy with anticipation, one question doth arise though. What will happen to your PBEM usage with TCP/IP ?!?! I see myself doing both. But the thought of having an afternoon/evening free and finding a TCP/IP opponent for a true Quick Battle...my addiction grows deeper. smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

Hotseat, TCP/IP and PBEM are all currently interchangeable. You can load any file and switch the connection type to whatever you want.

Madmatt

Guest KwazyDog

Stefan, yes old games will be convertable to 1.1, but both sides will need to be using the new patch.

Its great fun guys, I dont think youll be dissapointed. The timer feature certainally adds a new level of tension to the game. wink.gif