NEW PUBLIC BETA (#23) READY

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Download it now!

Windows version

Macintosh version

When you launch the game it should report the version number as PUBLIC BETA Version v1.1b23

Bug fixes include:

* Unit.cpp line 464

* Unit.cpp line 571

* Vehicles in hunt mode are more likely to stop moving in order to engage "lesser" enemy vehicles than before.

* Armored vehicles are smarter about rotating their hulls to bring their main weapons to bear faster, however vehicles rotate 'in place' more slowly now.

* Bog likelihood fixed

* Fixed bug so you cannot get TRP bonus when adjusting fire, unless you are within 20m of TRP (was 100m due to bug).

* Vehicles can only do a 'hide' order if they do not currently have movement orders.

* Popup menus are not obscured by text-input fields.

* TCP saves reloaded as PBEM don't skip one player's turn.

* Quick battle autopurchaser will buy fortifications now.

* Fixed a bug that sometimes slightly overloaded tank ammo between battles in operations.

Full documentation is enclosed in the Read Me folder.

Charles

Guest KwazyDog

Hi Guys,

Ive just been doing some testing for Charles before release.

Its damn stressful now trying to get those side shots on the German big boys! If you miss once and they see you, they will start to turn that heavy around to your direction. Scarey to watch, especially if your guys are in a Sherman 75 smile.gif

Dan

thanks BTS...I was about to report about an abnormal amount of bogging lately, when voilá you already present the remedy....that's what I call true customer satisfaction...react to complaints even before they are filed...thumbs up!

------------------

"Im off to NZ police collage" (GAZ_NZ)

Thanks

that was an AMAZINGLY quick fix!! smile.gif

I wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

All of you, Charles, Steve, Dan and Matt, ALL deserve plenty time off to rest and relax and do whatever it is you like to enjoy your selves.

I hope this release means you can start your Christmas Holidays early now. smile.gif

HUGE Thanks!!!!

-tom w

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Thanks

that was an AMAZINGLY quick fix!! smile.gif

I wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

All of you, Charles, Steve, Dan and Matt, ALL deserve plenty time off to rest and relax and do whatever it is you like to enjoy your selves.

I hope this release means you can start your Christmas Holidays early now. smile.gif

HUGE Thanks!!!!

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now lets look at this problem logically, we want CM2, and THEY want time off? Pulees... biggrin.gif

Great work BTS, especially apreciate the news for my German Über Tanks. Thank you BTS!

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

The versions keep dropping like grapfruits in the snow. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must have something to do with X-mas, me thinks. I wonder if the BTS guys do already have their presents, which just reminds me of something important I have yet to do...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OsinO:

yay!

Oh and what about my "Guess who it is" post was baD? Was locked up like it was a flame or something..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Maybe it was locked up becuase it was such a common occurance and the prize was just a pic of it without the explosion. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Hmmm. Now have a problem with the pulldown menus. When I go into the editor and select a pulldown menu try to change to a different infantry type (any pulldown menu will do actually), the mouse cursor now flashes wildly and if I move the mouse off the menu itself (before making a selection), it stutters horribly, and disappears and reappears while stuttering across the screen.

It only does this when using FSAA with the Voodoo5. If I select Single chip (i.e. no FSAA), it works normally; no flashing when hovering over the menu; and no stuttering when moving the mouse off the menu. Changing mouse pointers around between Standard, None, and Animated hourglass in Windoze makes no difference. Beta 16 doesn't do this (with or without FSAA turned on), and I don't recall seeing it in Beta 22. Though I didn't really play with the editor in Beta22, and no longer have that version.

I'm using Win98 (original, not SE) running a Voodoo5 with an Athlon.

Now for the cool stuff: Tanks *do* seem to oblique a bit better (or atleast they square themselves up a bit less often). And rotating the hull definitely does get the turret on target quicker. smile.gif Though I do wish the Tiger, in particular, would stop once it's acquired its target (so long as the side hull isn't grossly exposed, of course). It seems to depend on how much of an obliqued angle the tank is relative to what it's shooting at. The tanks in CM seem to prefer a small obliqued angle (10 degrees) to a large one (15~20 degrees).

Setting up a Tiger against a hulldown (dug-in) Sherm 76+ in the default setting (800x800m map), the Tiger will rotate its hull until just before the turret lays the gun:

Starting position

First firing position

It will then fire one round, and immediately begin rotating its hull again in order to create a much smaller oblique to the Sherman:

Second firing position

If it reloads in time, it will stop the hull rotation, fire, and then begin rotating again. But if it doesn't reload very quickly, it will continue rotating the hull until the next round is loaded or until the tank is square on, even though this continued hull rotation doesn't seem to have a particular benefit to the Tiger. It doesn't always go fully square with its target, but sometimes it does. Any chance this extra hull rotation could be toned down? Thanks.

Incidentally, if I originally start the Tiger off obliqued by only ~10 degrees or so, it will then generally only turn the turret; the hull rarely moves. Which I like to see very much. biggrin.gif

Thanks again for the great support!

- Chris

[Edit: Fixing URLs]

[This message has been edited by Wolfe (edited 12-20-2000).]

Geez , me and Aikidorat just spent the last 3 hours having a blast playing our first live game using .22 with no problems.....toooo addictive smile.gif

And now we have something better to look forward to smile.gif

Thanks guys

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage