Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Big announcement... Battlefront is now Slitherine

Short question; would the Steam version be considered compatible with the mods folder in 'My Documents' ?

I've just installed CMCW via Steam and it does not seem to load any of my mods from there.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. In that case a link would be appreciated!

18 minutes ago, Yskonyn said:

Short question; would the Steam version be considered compatible with the mods folder in 'My Documents' ?

I've just installed CMCW via Steam and it does not seem to load any of my mods from there.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. In that case a link would be appreciated!

Your mods should work okay if you put your Z folder into your Steam common apps location, which should have a path something like this:

C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy\Data

6 hours ago, Redwolf said:

Boston's problem isn't primarily time loss in traffic jams.

The primary problem is messy roads (few right angle intersections) and bad signage. And I mean really bad signage, the local gov employees seem to be unable to put themselves into the perspective of the drivers. As a result there are very confused drivers zooming around that have their head full with things other than keeping their car away from the other cars. Add a bit of "masshole" aggressiveness from the other drivers and you have to be constantly on alert. Which wears you out until you also screw up.

In many cities if you know you made a wrong turn you take a right, another right, and another right to come back to the street you were on so you can change directions.  In Boston you take a right, find you can't take a right, so you take a left, then find you can't take another left so you take a right, and after about 10 of these you find yourself 20 miles away from where you started.

But I grew up driving there.  No GPS and no maps.  The reason I can tell my tale is because I survived to tell it.  Darwin's rules apply to everything.  If you can take a 1978 Caprice Classic station wagon and cut from the right lane across another lane to get into the left lane while moving through a traffic lit intersection... well... you can pretty much do anything.  I did that the very first time I drove in Boston.  Yes, you may give me a polite golf clap to signal how impressed you are!  And yes, I remember it because my passengers were screaming for me to stop :)

Steve

6 hours ago, sttp said:

Your mods should work okay if you put your Z folder into your Steam common apps location, which should have a path something like this:

C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy\Data

Ok, so for the Steam versions we go back to the old way of having mods stored in the Z folder inside the game's installation location rather than the My Documents Windows folders?

7 minutes ago, Yskonyn said:

Ok, so for the Steam versions we go back to the old way of having mods stored in the Z folder inside the game's installation location rather than the My Documents Windows folders?

The Z folder goes inside the Data folder, wherever that may be. For the old Battlefront versions of the game the Data folder was off on its own somewhere in My Documents. But for the Steam versions the Data folder is together with everything else in the main installation folder under ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\.

This slight difference in folder structure is actually one of the only differences between the Battlefront versions and the Steam versions.

Edited by Centurian52

3 hours ago, Centurian52 said:

The Z folder goes inside the Data folder, wherever that may be. For the old Battlefront versions of the game the Data folder was off on its own somewhere in My Documents. But for the Steam versions the Data folder is together with everything else in the main installation folder under ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\.

This slight difference in folder structure is actually one of the only differences between the Battlefront versions and the Steam versions.

nice to have this info to don't be submerged and take the good path with  Steam !

Very belated reply, but congrats to Stephen and Charles and gang to your 'adoption' into the Slitherine family! I heard of the news the day it came out and wondered what had happened. Very happy to read it was a joining of forces rather than a replacement of personnel/offices. Looking forward to what the future holds for the CM series :)