Sherman V Model/Mesh Glitch: Bug or Corruption?

On 1/28/2024 at 11:32 PM, MikeyD said:

I'm frankly surprised Sherman V is in the game. I thought the consensus was Sherman Vs would have all been stripped out of units by this timeframe and returned to depot for conversion to VC Fireflies.

The Sherman V remained in use until the end of the war as the main tank in Commonwealth Armoured Divisions (Guards, where the Tulip version was field-made, 11th Armoured, 4th Canadian Armoured) and in the Canadian independent tank brigades.

Production had ended in 1943 but there were enough spares to go around. In fact the M4A4 also equipped two French Armoured divisions, the 1st and the 5th.

The British had started using Sherman I's and Sherman I Hybrids (missing from the game for unknown reasons) for Firefly conversions, and they would be more present during this game's timeframe than in CMBN's.

Edited by Frenchy56

On 1/28/2024 at 4:32 PM, MikeyD said:

I'm frankly surprised Sherman V is in the game. I thought the consensus was Sherman Vs would have all been stripped out of units by this timeframe and returned to depot for conversion to VC Fireflies.

To add to what Frenchy56 said basically the Guards Armoured Division's 5th Guard Armoured Brigade was all mixed Sherman Vs and assorted Sherman *C models in the battalions, 11th Armoured Division's 29th Armoured Brigade was switched to Comets after the Bulge (having intended to start and finish this process in December-early January), the Canadian Armoured Brigades in both the divisions and brigades were generally either Sherman IIIs or Vs, with regiments having either within a brigade. Then of course the DDs used in the Rhine crossing in the British area were mostly Vs, with some IIIs. The Polish regiments are some unholy mixtures of Vs, IIAs, and Fireflies. I should also say this is just gun tanks, but Vs are the most common tank for specialized conversions too.

Also someone I know pointed out that the armoured regiments had two Fireflies per troop by 1945. This is not reflected in-game as far as I can tell, in fact most of the TO&Es seem to be copy-pasted from CMBN. Sherman IIAs are missing from the Polish faction as well which would be a pretty interesting vehicle to differentiate it from Commonwealth armor.

It was said that this expansion was made with love but that only seems to concern the US faction from what I can see.

Edited by Frenchy56