Final Blitzkrieg bugs it did not take long haha

Thanks for the Pershing fix.

I wonder what is up with the vehicle distance models in the CMFB Downfall module. Before >95% of the vehicles came supplied with lower detail distance .mdr models: one full-detail, one medium-detail, one low-detail for far away. Now it is the other way around, with the new Allied and German vehicle models; Mostly just a single full-detail model is supplied (Pershing, Comet, 90mm AA, Archer, Ram kangaroo, New sherman variants, German armored cars with PAK-40, etc.). AFAIK This won't help frame-rate performance when a lot of such vehicles are visible on screen. 

Otherwise the module looks good to me.  

23 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

I checked my documents folder and its blank for CMFB.  Is that where a mod would normally go?

AFAIK:

%MyDocs%\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Final Blitzkrieg\User Data\Mods\

or

%Game install folder%\Data\Z\

To be honest Kevin i am happy with performance game is running  alright  and i play everything max setting and even huge maps are playable so no complains my system running CM games well  i7 4790k 16 gb gtx 1060 

Edited by David Jaros

1 minute ago, David Jaros said:

To be honest Kevin i am happy with performance game is running  alright  and i am play everything max setting and even huge maps are playable so no complains my system running CM games well  i7 4790k 16 gb gtx 1060 

Probably won't notice much negative effects myself, but that is because I play with small forces anyways. Also this game has no frame-rate counter or anything, so no easy way to measure performance.

Sometimes I make 3D models for some Flight sim, as a hobby. To do it properly I need to add low detail models, next to the full detail ones. I am one of the few modders that still tries to do that, properly.

Anyways, I wrote that complaint about the low detail models, and will leave it at that. It is a done deal. Like: I won't ask a refund. It won't get fixed. I will still play it.

16 hours ago, David Jaros said:

The main  gun on Pershing not elevating or depressing instead is going sideways

I just used the editor to test this.  I got it a bit wrong as it was a flat map and units were close to each other 😂.  Traverse certainly works okay on Pershing, need to make or load a hilly map for elevation.

What I did see that I've never seen before was the effect of first a Sturmtiger hit on a Pershing - devastating - and second the effect of a Pershing hit on a Sturmtiger - wow!.

The whole world went white, and the crater that was left was huge.

5 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I just used the editor to test this.  I got it a bit wrong as it was a flat map and units were close to each other 😂.  Traverse certainly works okay on Pershing, need to make or load a hilly map for elevation.

What I did see that I've never seen before was the effect of first a Sturmtiger hit on a Pershing - devastating - and second the effect of a Pershing hit on a Sturmtiger - wow!.

The whole world went white, and the crater that was left was huge.

That FI scenario about the Elephant in the middle of the village....   in early testing it started as a Sturmtiger. I was able to get a keyhole side shot on it and it was the biggest explosion I've ever seen in CM, and flattened 2 of the buildings near it. Spectacular. When they go, they really go.

Dave

3 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Spectacular. When they go, they really go.

I also forgot to mention a 90mm round bouncing off the front of the Sturmtiger.  But they were not supposed to be anywhere near 90mm guns, so my 'scenario' is perhaps a little abstract.  Anyway the one that lit up the world was a side shot, I assume taking out all of the ammo (not sure how or even if that's modelled but it looked like it).

17 hours ago, David Jaros said:

The main  gun on Pershing not elevating or depressing instead is going sideways . Just saying haha

Seems to be cosmetic. Tested with some dips and hills against King Tigers and the shooting was fine, regardless of what the mantlet looked like, at least until they all got knocked out. 

33 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

So it appears that in Steam, the install creates the documents folders, but doesn't use them.  Its the only thing I can see.  Not a big deal.  Just dropping things into the Steam game folder.

I have a set of BFC installs and now a set of Steam installs.  For example, a BFC one here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg\Data into which I put a Z folder containing mods.

And a Steam one here;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg\Data into which I haven't yet put a Z folder but I will.

Am I misunderstanding your point, as the folder structures look very similar to me?

Edited by Vacillator

Other bug I just cached, is that the Ostwind does not appear as a choice in the single vehicles list, althought it is available as an option in the Antiaircraft (light) formation. Hopefully you can fix it for the first patch as well.

Also, even thought in the manual is stated that the PSW234/4 is available from January 45, it is not really so until April, so either a typo or a bug.

Edited by CHEqTRO