Locking my BattlePack topic

3 minutes ago, slysniper said:

Just asking you to re-word things would have been nice, but hey, jerk things happen, and you not being able to handle it is also a sign of your immaturity.

It is the times we live in, people cannot handle being misunderstood or repremanded when maybe they are not truly at fault. Their world has come to a end.

Well, on the internet where all you are being judged on is the words that you type, well guess what, its very easy to be misunderstood.

So put on your big boy pants, work through the issue and be vindicated, instead of running to your bedroom and slamming the door and not wanting to play anymore, thats what my grandchildren do. Not a person that has learned that the real world is not always fair.

I think you may be the one that is misunderstood slysniper. I think Frank has handled it admirably. He was just trying to set the record straight that what he is offering was never going to be payware.

He is offering to give us all something for free that has cost him many hours of research and dedication, and you have seen fit to have a dig at him?

I really don't see the need or point in your post to be honest

I tried to login in order to see, if they have followed my request to delete my existence as Mr.X and they haven‘t done it yet 🤪

So, I will give you a personal answer, @slysniper:

I am not a member of any social media like Facebook, Insta or so, because all these social networks seem toxic for me. Every anonymus moron can make trouble and cause the so called „missunderstandings“. 
But there is no misunderstanding. It is no joke to claim, I would do criminal actions, not at all. It is pure spite to harm orther people. In other situations, people lose their jobs or even their lives because of such denunciations.That‘s why I consider such people to be the biggest scum. A combination of cowardice, inferior intellect and evil. And if such scum is given a stage here instead of calmly clarifying everything behind the scenes, then that‘s not my place.

Besides, all this nonsense bores me and wastes my time. 
No medication helps against stupidity😜

Well, that was it. 

Very last greedings from Mr.X who will hopefully be deleted soon 🙏🏼

You can always rely upon a forum of gamers to create more drama than at an Alabama Sweet 16 party.

If you've made a decent Battlepack off your own back, that is admirable and we'd all love to play it. You seem to have taken what looked to me as a 'jokey' remark way out of context.

I can't imagine a first responder having such a thin skin. Please take a while to calm down and come back afresh.

7 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I agree. It's all a storm in a glass of water, isn't it? A more elegant solution would have been to give JoMac a warning, although I agree with Vacillator that he probably meant well.

Anyhow, guys, that's how things are around here sometimes. We need people like you, Frank, so don't give up on us please. Start a new thread, mention that your work is FREE FOR ALL and let's concentrate on the future. I bet all this did draw the attention of a lot of people, so consider it to be free publicity. 😀

I was going to post something similar to this. A warning to JoMac for what I would think would be a violation of forum rules?  At least most if not all boards I have belonged to do not allow any mention of compensation for mods, and rightly so.  Delete or modify the offending post to "deleted for violating forum rules" or something similar and leave the thread open. Maybe edit the original title of the thread with a preface to the original title, something like "User created mod:"  FWIW Frank did mention on the first page, as a response to a user's question that the mod was free of charge.  Frank's exact words, "You pay nothing 🙂". 

To me leaving the thread as it was when locked leaves anyone that reads it wondering about the outcome. Was Frank looking for compensation or not? Elvis does state in this thread " I believed him then and I believe him now." which clarifies the issue here, but not in the locked thread. Perhaps a post stating the issue was looked into and the finding, ie "I looked into it and Frank was not seeking compensation" as an ending is much better than the way it reads now.  

I do hope Frank reconsiders and sticks around.  

37 minutes ago, Flibby said:

You seem to have taken what looked to me as a 'jokey' remark way out of context.

If you mean the comment about Paypal (perhaps a joke, who knows) was taken out of context, Frank was not to blame either for the comment or taking it out of context.  As has been said above he had nothing to do with the comment and had no intention of taking anyone's money.

And now we are where we are, with Frank having asked for his account here to be deleted.  Not a good result.

@Flibby:

„More drama than at an Alabama Sweet 16 party „

Well said 😂

But seriously: will the next step be to declare this guy, JoMac, the real victim ? OMG 🙏🏼

During all the years, I have never ever insulted anyone in this forum and I have never ever put pointless bull**** into somebody‘s threads. 
And I would be very curious to see how relaxed you would react, if I reported you the admins here for criminal activity😉

Ultimately, I don‘t care . I will continue with playing CM or creating some stuff if I like to, with or without being a member of this forum😁

the still not deleted Mr.X 😎

I was quite shocked when I saw the thread being closed because of a comment from a random user. Why not delete that specific comment, the only one by the way that mentioned a monetary aspect in a thread of 3 pages? At the same time, now that Battlefront explained things, I do see how the wording "Battlepack" and "pre-order" might cause problems with users stumbling upon the forums or what not. And as one can see, even long-term users of these forums had big troubles in reading through Mr.X' first few sentences in the original post in which he clearly stated why it is called "pre-order" and that everyone receives the Battle Pack for FREE as long as he registers with him. [EDIT: Made a mistake: it's in the third post, the first one is only a picture, but the argument still stands that the chances you might think you actually have to pay for the Battle Pack are nil. Well, until the comment in question.]

From what I understand, modding CM games (creating maps, scenarios, campaigns or even 'new' vehicles) is already a painstaking process. Throw sticks between the feet of those who create mods is a real headscratcher, especially in the year 2023 when most if not all wargame developers endorse modding and do all they can to give the modders the tools they need. Heck, even Eugen Systems finally introduced a map editor.

But apart from having an opinion, I am very curious about one thing and I hope someone can enlighten me: a LOT of games with a huge modding community - Rimworld, Paradox games like Hearts of Iron IV etc. etc. - have modders with a Patron page or saying right in the official Steam workshop that if you like their content you can buy them a coffee (with a link to a Paypal account). What differentiates the EULA of Combat Mission from the EULA of Hearts of Iron? Is it maybe that the USA has the right to the vehicles? But I can't really see that when it comes to the WW2 titles. HUGE DISCLAIMER: I don't ask that so in the end Mr X gets donations for his work (which he doesn't want anyway which he has stated now over and over again). I ask because I always wondered how it is allowed (or only tolerated?) for modders to get donations for their content which clearly is new content (otherwise it wouldn't be a mod) but based on existing, official content or at least the framework of the respective game.

Edited by Sunbather

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

If you mean the comment about Paypal (perhaps a joke, who knows) was taken out of context, Frank was not to blame either for the comment or taking it out of context.  As has been said above he had nothing to do with the comment and had no intention of taking anyone's money.

And now we are where we are, with Frank having asked for his account here to be deleted.  Not a good result.

Bad show indeed.

On 1/23/2024 at 5:31 PM, Sunbather said:

I was quite shocked when I saw the thread being closed because of a comment from a random user. Why not delete that specific comment, the only one by the way that mentioned a monetary aspect in a thread of 3 pages? At the same time, now that Battlefront explained things, I do see how the wording "Battlepack" and "pre-order" might cause problems with users stumbling upon the forums or what not. And as one can see, even long-term users of these forums had big troubles in reading through Mr.X' first few sentences in the original post in which he clearly stated why it is called "pre-order" and that everyone receives the Battle Pack for FREE as long as he registers with him. [EDIT: Made a mistake: it's in the third post, the first one is only a picture, but the argument still stands that the chances you might think you actually have to pay for the Battle Pack are nil. Well, until the comment in question.]

From what I understand, modding CM games (creating maps, scenarios, campaigns or even 'new' vehicles) is already a painstaking process. Throw sticks between the feet of those who create mods is a real headscratcher, especially in the year 2023 when most if not all wargame developers endorse modding and do all they can to give the modders the tools they need. Heck, even Eugen Systems finally introduced a map editor.

But apart from having an opinion, I am very curious about one thing and I hope someone can enlighten me: a LOT of games with a huge modding community - Rimworld, Paradox games like Hearts of Iron IV etc. etc. - have modders with a Patron page or saying right in the official Steam workshop that if you like their content you can buy them a coffee (with a link to a Paypal account). What differentiates the EULA of Combat Mission from the EULA of Hearts of Iron? Is it maybe that the USA has the right to the vehicles? But I can't really see that when it comes to the WW2 titles. HUGE DISCLAIMER: I don't ask that so in the end Mr X gets donations for his work (which he doesn't want anyway which he has stated now over and over again). I ask because I always wondered how it is allowed (or only tolerated?) for modders to get donations for their content which clearly is new content (otherwise it wouldn't be a mod) but based on existing, official content or at least the framework of the respective game.

Speaking as a lawyer in the field, There's nothing in a EULA which could prevent anyone from subscribing/donating to a patreon account for someone who makes mods so long as the mods are publicly available and not dependent upon payments being received. It would simply not be enforceable.

It's technically illegal in some places to stream gaming content but for obvious reasons it's tolerated. 

15 hours ago, Flibby said:

Speaking as a lawyer in the field, There's nothing in a EULA which could prevent anyone from subscribing/donating to a patreon account for someone who makes mods so long as the mods are publicly available and not dependent upon payments being received. It would simply not be enforceable.

It's technically illegal in some places to stream gaming content but for obvious reasons it's tolerated. 

I see! Thanks for taking your time to answer my question. So it's basically a voluntary donation and not a payment since money and downloading of the mod are not connected.

On 1/23/2024 at 12:21 PM, Mr.X said:

@Flibby:

„More drama than at an Alabama Sweet 16 party „

Well said 😂

But seriously: will the next step be to declare this guy, JoMac, the real victim ? OMG 🙏🏼

During all the years, I have never ever insulted anyone in this forum and I have never ever put pointless bull**** into somebody‘s threads. 
And I would be very curious to see how relaxed you would react, if I reported you the admins here for criminal activity😉

Ultimately, I don‘t care . I will continue with playing CM or creating some stuff if I like to, with or without being a member of this forum😁

the still not deleted Mr.X 😎

Are you still planning on letting us play with your creations? I was very much looking forward to a bunch of new campaigns.

2 hours ago, Mr.X said:

I want to give you high quality content

And you will Frank, for sure. 

I'm still going slowly in Five Bridges (partly due to the Downfall module), but I have KO'd a few more T34/85s in recent days 😉.  And there are no issues with it whatsoever so far.

Can I just say that I for one am very happy to still see you here 👍.

3 hours ago, Mr.X said:

@Bearstronaut:

Of course 👍🏻
There will be a last (small) delay of maximum 1-2 weeks🙏🏼 Sorry for that, but reworking some missions costs more time than expected and I want to give you high quality content. 

Regards 

Mr.X

Glad this is still in progress.  Sad you had such a frustrating time with this.