The Rats in France; A 7th Armoured Campaign for CMBN.

Hello everyone, I am looking for collaborators for this campaign project. The campaign is about the actions of the 7th Armoured from their engagements at Tilly-sur-Suelles to Villers-Bocage and culminates at the "Battle of the Brigade Box". I accept any kind of help, but what is most needed are map makers, as well as people well versed in the actions of the desert rats during Operation Perch. Some texture work is also needed for correct markings on vehicles. Each scenario will have its own modtag and there will be an attached modpack for the campaign for all the historical accuracy freaks such as myself. The most time consuming part of this project is making the maps, and researching the battles. i have good refrence photos but some helping hands would be good to have for building the maps. There is no ETA for the campaign, but hopefully it gets done within a month or two.

11 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

A month or two for a decent scenario, let alone a campaign, is ambitious mate ... I wish you luck though.

depends on how much time you spend on it a day. However yes it is likely it will take longer than that.

Edited by Kuli

44 minutes ago, Kuli said:

Hello everyone, I am looking for collaborators for this campaign project. The campaign is about the actions of the 7th Armoured from their engagements at Tilly-sur-Suelles to Villers-Bocage and culminates at the "Battle of the Brigade Box". I accept any kind of help, but what is most needed are map makers, as well as people well versed in the actions of the desert rats during Operation Perch. Some texture work is also needed for correct markings on vehicles. Each scenario will have its own modtag and there will be an attached modpack for the campaign for all the historical accuracy freaks such as myself. The most time consuming part of this project is making the maps, and researching the battles. i have good refrence photos but some helping hands would be good to have for building the maps. There is no ETA for the campaign, but hopefully it gets done within a month or two.

If your schedule is not too aggressive, I may give a helping hand at mapmaking. Please provide more information about your project: design status, foreseen number of scenarios, etc.

Is it your first campaign? I haven't found any scenario of yours at the repository (at least, no WW2 scenario signed under the "Kuli" nickname!).

22 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Is it your first campaign? I haven't found any scenario of yours at the repository (at least, no WW2 scenario signed under the "Kuli" nickname!).

Ive made a number of scenarios for CMBS and CMBN but none have been posted here or on the repository. I think i posted a CMBS scenario here though. Anyhow;

Current Design status: Currently working on the first map, completely had to restart the map when it was basically finished because better quality aerial photos came that showed previously unseen areas of the map. I also have collected appropriate german uniforms for the scenarios, as well as a number of allied ones.

I intend to have around 4-6 Scenarios in the following order
- Tilly-sur-Seulles, the 7th fought elements of the HJ division here before moving on to villers bocage.

- Villers-Bocage; I do not plan on portraying the actions of Wittman, The battle will likely be 2 different scenarios, one focusing on the battle for Point 213 and one on the battle inside the town itself.

-Battles near Tracy Bocage

- Battle for the Brigade box, probably 2 scenarios aswell as there were numerous german assaults on the positions of the desert rats. This is likely the final mission of the campaign as after this battle the 7th was withdrawn from fighting.

- Maybe a bonus mission or two taking place during operation Goodwood. 

Edited by Kuli

Go boy go! Who needs a girlfriend the next few months? You got CM and plenty of old smelly 50-something forumites to hang with.

~~~~~~~~~

I don't say that I ever make "Arisian" quality vehicle mods but slapping some unit decals on various vehicles is no big deal for me.

PM me what specific CMBN vehicles and what you want on them and what modtag to use.

MY ADVICE: Fight hard that the project doesn't inflate and burst from aspirations of grandiosity.

Edited by kohlenklau

6 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

MY ADVICE: Fight hard that the project doesn't inflate and burst from aspirations of grandiosity.

Yeah, its certainly a challenge, I might end up just making them independent scenarios just to ease my job a bit.
I might take up your offer for the skins, first gotta do the scenarios, then the flavour.

@Kuli For clean vehicles with 7th arm div markings look here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-other/british-7th-armoured-division-desert-rats-armour-and-vehicles-with-tactical-markings-and-mod-tags-added-over-stock-skins/

There are also already three or four scenarios about the action in and around Villers Bocage if you want to integrate them.

Edited by WimO

17 minutes ago, WimO said:

There are also already three or four scenarios about the action in and around Villers Bocage

Could you send them or their names over? the scenarios i only found 3 scenarios and 1 has nothing to do with the actual battle its just some wargame conversion, and the other 2 are variations of George MCs wittman scenario.

Villers Bocage Point 213 v2 (or CW Villers Bocage Point 213 v2)

Villers Bocage in Town Centre (or CW Villers Bocage in Town Centre)

Villers Bocage 1 Point 213 (or CW ...)

Villers Bocage 2 Tillys (or CW ... )

Villers Bocage 3 (or CW ... )

Villers Tournament Point 213 (or CW ... )

Villers Tournament (or CW ... )

Wittman's Swords at Villers Bocage (or CW Wittman's Swords at Viller Bocage va)