British Army bayonet mod for lee-enfield mk4

Yeah I would not like that up me either.

As a digression, I read this on the Steam CMBN comments section:

All the CM series are way overpriced, even user created mods on their forums have price tags!

LOL, I have no idea to what they are referring.

I should reply with a link to your Goody Bag.

I dare not tell you for fear of offending you
but actually it is a bit short 😁

The English infantry were a bit sloppy by CM if we compare them to the US and German
but now they're really gonna be fine
In combat the port of the bayonet is regulatory and it is therefore an excellent historical addition
many thanks Phil

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pcmq1rvqd32zx0a/AAA92pqXVBSLysI15w-e6P87a?dl=0

CMBN British Army Spike Bayonet Mod

31 May 2023

I made this in Blender at the request of mon ami @Falaise

It adds a bayonet to the Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk. 1 rifle.

I changed the name of the bmp file from enfield.bmp to enfielb.bmp so that the scoped enfield
still gets properly displayed using enfield.bmp but the spike bayonet is a dark metal texture
with a shiny tip.

I dialed in the length based on measurements from photographs. 

2 versions are there.

Choose option a. full time use with no modtag

Choose option b. modtagged use with [britbayonet] modtagged scenarios.

Be careful you don't cut yourself lads!

kohlenklau

@Bootie place on CMMODS if you desire. Use the below image I guess...or any you like from a few earlier posts. Thank you Shane.

gp9w.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

30 minutes ago, Lieutenant Ash said:

25cm from back edge (where it joins the rifle) to the point.

Thanks. I think I am about there! In Blender you see stuff in meters as my default. You can click an option to see edge lengths. I had seen that "mounting block" (that clicks on the barrel) at about .04m in length and from photos the spike portion was about ~4.5 multiples of that. So I up scaled the spike in x axis first 1.5, no good (too long she NOW says!), ctrl-Z, tried 1.25, still no good, ctrl-Z and found the sweet spot 1.2 scaling. adjusted it in x axis position, took a look in rendered mode and then exported and got the hell out of there. I am an amateur Blender hacker technician 3rd class. Maybe honorary second class! Jeez

@Falaise also asked me to take a look at repositioning a British gear item. "the individual tool sinks too far into the soldier's buttocks"

I will just narrate that mini-project here for any Blender-interested forumites out there.

Task 1 is to go find the appropriate mdr and bmp files and bring them to my Blender working folders.

I usually tinker with these mini-projects with a cup of morning coffee in a small window of time after I arise from my slumber.

to be continued