Tips for playing.

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

I don't like units to become TIRED. 

I don't like units becoming casualties. Fast is for scouts to draw fire and survive and assault units to advance from cover to cover. Tired only means troops advance in a jogging pace the odds to be hit increases. Engineers crawling through a minefield are not affected even when exhausted (which rarely happens). OK unlocks the fast mode it is there for the player. Tired in CM has a different meaning in CM than in real life. I am permanently tired at 73 as I can only jog, but I don't feel tired. I think the terms are misleading a little. Naturally for assault units they need the option to go fast to survive. 

Tired, Fatigued or even Exhausted. I used to be alarmed when I saw units affected but not anymore. For some units it doesn't matter. Units I mean Scouts, Observers and FOs for example. They can go slow all day once on their post I found no evidence it affects their spotting. This scout team is an example on exhausted he had tentative contacts on fatigued it became full contacts. I don't think the recovery from exhausted to fatigued had anything to do with it.

fatigued.png

fatiguedb.png

Edited by chuckdyke

37 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Exhausted Units can Move go Slow and Evade. As bad as it gets spotting is not affected as far as I can tell.

I agree that F/O's  and other units not intended to actually engage the enemy can function just fine if they are fatigued or exhausted. What about actual combat units though? I am under the impression their overall combat performance drops off when they get worn out, which would make sense. 

4 minutes ago, Shady_Side said:

I am under the impression their overall combat performance drops off when they get worn out, which would make sense. 

Tiring nothing is affected yet. Tired you lose fast. Fatigued you also lose hunt. Exhausted only move and slow is available. I found no evidence of marksmanship is affected. For attacking units you need all the move modes. Fast and slow are the most secure moves. Like dashing from cover to cover.

27 minutes ago, Shady_Side said:

I am under the impression their overall combat performance drops off when they get worn out, which would make sense. 

You may very well be right, I have not tested or combat shock or combat stress are affected more quickly or not. Just play like it does.

It's very possible that CM2 game does not model the effect of fatigue as well as it should.  My SOP is to treat my guys as I would in RL.  So, no forcing them into fatigue or exhaustion (unless absolutely necessary).  Doing medic care whenever possible etc. 

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

as I would in RL. 

It is not modelled as in RL. I just translated the words into CM language. Fatigued means reduce the efficiency of (a muscle or organ) by prolonged activity. In CM you can't move fast or hunt anything else is not affected. If you are exhausted in CM you can still crawl for the next 24 hours without sleep. I adjust my game play accordingly. Assault troops have a limit of tiring it means in the next turn they can't run. Fast and crawl are the two moves required for security. Crawl for assault teams is very limited after 80 mtrs they are exhausted and it takes some time to recover. For an FO it means a secure means to reach his OP which has been secured. 4 or 5 action squares is fine. Testing is the way to get an objective perspective of the game. To model as in Real Life is subjective example I thought the marksmanship of my sniper would be affected this is also not the case. Let him crawl I know a story of a RL life sniper he crawled for one day to get into position. Took his shot and crawled back again.  

Edited by chuckdyke

12 minutes ago, George MC said:

This gives a detailed overview based on testing 

Thanks for that, I subscribed to his videos. About fitness, it doesn't have an impact on accuracy or any other soft factors. But people can play the game as if it does. I was also of the mistaken belief that marksmanship would suffer. In real life it does in the game it doesn't.

Tip is METT-TC E stands for Enemy I play Russian to understand their equipment. One T stands for Troops on Hand. Need to read more about it. In this case the Spigot ATGM. Is het Laser Guided or Wire Guided the manual says two versions of this system. Or did the Bradleys use a detection system? Is APS effective over 1km? I blame the trees if it was wire guided. 

image.png

Machineguns in the semi-indirect fire mode without LOS but not without LOF by area fire. You need to plot your LOF just a few squares short of your target and observe. The German position was spotted the MG Platoon received only the tentative contact. They never had a full contact themselves. 

MGPlatoon.png

MGPlatoonb.png

MGPlatoon-C.png

MGPlatoon-D.png

Edited by chuckdyke

20 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Machineguns in the semi-indirect fire mode without LOS but not without LOF by area fire. You need to plot your LOF just a few squares short of your target and observe. The German position was spotted the MG Platoon received only the tentative contact. They never had a full contact themselves. 

MGPlatoon.png

MGPlatoonb.png

MGPlatoon-C.png

MGPlatoon-D.png

In addition to that:

If you have no los or lof at your intended target but you got a small rise or hill somewhere behind it (works best with no or low vegetation on it) , you can use that as a target reference too. 

Just draw a target line on the hill and make sure that the line roughly crosses the target. Depending on the height you set the line, you may not have lots of casualties on the enemy but it can at least suppress them. 

Direct or Area Fire? Tip, have a second look. Direct fire he will duck in his foxhole and will pop up again. Once you suppress him keep on the pressure with area fire till an assault party takes him out. The important thing is you have usually two choices. For area fire I use target briefly (4X 15sec) for as long as it takes. If you forget about the team, he won't run out of ammo.

area.png

Attempt to use the Browning MGs in the semi-indirect fire mode.

image.png

Between the MG and area no LOS.

image.png

I trust the trajectory of the rounds will have a this range a plunging effect.

image.png

Make sure we have the C2 working the HQs with radios play a vital role. The US secret weapon was their excellent communications ahead of the USSR by at least ten years.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:20 PM, chuckdyke said:

View1+2 (mouse wheel) Gives you POV TC.  You can click anywhere on the map for a way point click, on the centre of the screen as low as you can.

ubuttoned.png

Sorry to come back to this place @chuckdyke but

"I have a problem" to find the correct position see the screeen below !

On the first screen I try to have approximatively the view that can have the gunner or the commander of the tank !

3EgImbe.jpg

The second screen show in the view loock (tab), the changing view that I have when the vehicle have to move or to shot...

B9aNBlZ.jpg

Is there a possibility to save the first view in the view lock using tab, with a key shortcut from the keyboard F1, F2 or whatever of a personal choice...to keep the same position when I click again on the tab key ?

like I would be somebody in the turret and like, I would be in the first person shooter mode, and move myself with the tank when the vehicle is on move ? 

Just saving the position like the first screen but in view lock and apply the "shortcut key" everytime for every tanks or squads ?

and not when I press again the tab key that I come again in a view like the second screen ?

I dont know if this will be understanding ?? 

Edited by JM Stuff

View-1 is the only one I used. +1 +2 +3 are the number of segments of the Mouse Wheel not the numbers on the Key-Board. My screen shots were all from View-1 + Mouse Wheel. View one is First Person Shooter Mode. View-1 is Camera Position 1 lots of people describe it as View-1.

Edited by chuckdyke

6 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

View-1 is the only one I used. +1 +2 +3 are the number of segments of the Mouse Wheel not the numbers on the Key-Board. My screen shots were all from View-1 + Mouse Wheel. View one is First Person Shooter Mode. View-1 is Camera Position 1 lots of people describe it as View-1.

Ah ok, I was thinking the number are the digit in the keyboard ok now is more clear.

But can you save all positions or you have always to make all manipulations ?

Playing with X and w keys  ?