Tiny bug Patton's 1979 wheel animation

laurent 22

I don't know if the animation bug has already been reported, I searched the forum with the term "Patton" and found nothing.

The Patton's rear wheel (only it) on the left side doesn't roll when the tank is rolling, the wheel remains static . It is ok on the right side, the wheel turns.

View:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/cd6cgf3wit9isny/CM_Cold_War_patton.jpg/file

4 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Out of curiosity

I do not think it is an animation issue. I **think** it is a 3D model issue. I am at work and will take a look later after Laurent sends me the files I asked for by PM.

I never ever ever ever ever work on Blender or GiMP stuff or write scenario briefings or look for cool images or scenario creation inspiration while at my job. 😉

7 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I never ever ever ever ever work on Blender or GiMP stuff or write scenario briefings or look for cool images or scenario creation inspiration while at my job. 😉

Me neither Phil, me neither 🙂.  Anyway, good luck with the fix.  As for your tank repair facility I almost posted that pic of the KV1 production line again 😉.  Oh for a KV1...

14 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Oh for a KV1...

The KV-1...yeah, I might try again with that one over the holidays. It had a LOT of funky changes to do from what I have to work with and didn't function properly in game.

I NEVER found out if the damn rear turret MG even works on the IS. I forget if I have ever seen it function. 

But in Blender I have learned a bit more of what to watch for and so it MIGHT go better the next try...

I take advantage of you are here to point out another small graphic problem😇:

The English helmet in BN and FI appears to be placed incorrectly on the soldier's head (as was the case for the French helmet that you had brilliantly fixed🥇🏆). It should be lowered a bit. There is a gap between the top of the skull and the helmet which would allow the helmet to fit better. However, the helmet strap could become a problem unless it is removed.

Picture of the problem and propositon to fix it:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/196txwjn977zeyd/Helmet_brit_FI_and_BN.jpg/file

Edited by laurent 22

I'm sorry but I couldn't find the requested bmp file in the .brz files in the data folder. Everything about the M48 patton was in the file I sent (for those who have the game it's in "cold war v100d.brz"). The M60 Patton looks like it the running gear is pretty much the same, maybe that helps. Just found that it's exactly the same problem for the M60s: the rear wheel on the same side stays static.

View M60 vs M48:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ohqdrjl6gtbvkbd/Patton.jpg/file

Files M60 (3 tanks):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bw4gra4xjeegi21/M60_Patton.zip/file

Just woke up and brewing the coffee. I will try to go quick into Blender and get the actual file name of this gear bmp file. It is an "option" object that can randomly shown in the game. In the brz folder with CMCW vehicles "MIGHT" be a "vehicles-misc" miscellaneous or "shared texture" folder of a bmp or 2 with camo nets and jerry cans. Maybe.

EDIT: it seems to be called "us coldwar gear.bmp"...

Edited by kohlenklau

5 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Just woke up and brewing the coffee. I will try to go quick into Blender and get the actual file name of this gear bmp file. It is an "option" object that can randomly shown in the game. In the brz folder with CMCW vehicles "MIGHT" be a "vehicles-misc" miscellaneous or "shared texture" folder of a bmp or 2 with camo nets and jerry cans. Maybe.

EDIT: it seems to be called "us coldwar gear.bmp"...

Hopefully you could drink your coffe hot, and not search direclty to the files, in many folders, and have always your coffe, but cold when you found it...

1 hour ago, laurent 22 said:

I think I found it, sorry it was an isolated bmp at the very bottom of the folder list, I hope it's the correct one:

bmp download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fm9moelhpuj6c39/us-vehicle-gear.bmp/file

I copy always this files for allied and for axis,  more time in differents folders this picures are light,  most of the time it is missing on some models, but also the game ask from another models, that we have to go back in brz folders, this was the case by CMBS like hulls, interiors, weapons,... this is sometimes anoying ...

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

I have clocked in...3D Tank Repair Activated!

Hitting another Blender error. Metadata error of some sort. ugggh. this might NOT be an easy fix. I will keep trying.

EDIT: I have a repair to please test and let me know. It is the M60a1 rise. Check that sprocket if moving properly...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sok5ee4aadhamb8/AACtCP690wL77SwlYgmdQo1Xa?dl=0

Edited by kohlenklau

No. It's an extra folder on the M60s that I hadn't seen in the data folder containing all the brz. So you were missing this folder to work properly. All M60 Pattons (7 tanks) have the exact same problem + the M48A5 Patton (it's the only M48 in the game). The Abrams is ok, and so are the Russian tanks.

I'm super interested in this... the animation data is definitely there but I have never been able to read it. However I did fix an animation issue with the Bradley TOW box once by completely copying and replacing the tow box data block in a hex editor with the cavalry model TOW box. This means the data is there. The meta data is unintelligible to me though.