Downloaded Black Sea Again today and had this pop up.

Tmart00

I suspect you unzipped the download into a folder that contained other CM files and they have got mixed together. (The other option is you are running a mod that alters some of the .txt files that are not compatible with the game) 

Remove all mods and rerun a fresh unzip into a new empty folder and try again.

P

Edited by Pete Wenman

I had that with the text, solved by using the graphics card on the intel laptop (not the integrated graphics) and my gamer buddy has it but has been unable to fix it on his AMD PC. I may have had to fiddle with the nvidia settings to get it working to, like select the graphics card etc.

Edited by THH149

1 hour ago, THH149 said:

I had that with the text, solved by using the graphics card on the intel laptop (not the integrated graphics) and my gamer buddy has it but has been unable to fix it on his AMD PC. I may have had to fiddle with the nvidia settings to get it working to, like select the graphics card etc.

Likewise. The text on my laptop was all weird like that (and the frame rate in game terrible) - turned out that the game was using the integrated graphics rather than the graphics card. 

There was a windows 10 setting (IIRC) to force windows to use the card for all applications which made everything better. 

There is a setting, indeed.

Go to settings, system, display, then at the bottom, graphics settings.

under Graphics Performance Preferences, you can set specific executables, (eg: CM) to use High Performance. That will use the discrete card rather than the built-in motherboard one.

Edited by Bud Backer