2022 New Battle Pack Coming Normandy Fans!

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, user1000 said:

Looks at calendar :: 😑🗓️

Whelp!

Ya, the joy of being in a niche of a niche of a niche of a game. Might as well play through the content there already is and forget about it. When it's finally released it's a great surprise.

1 hour ago, user1000 said:

Hopefully not too long or all the niche game fans will leave or forget about it

Unfortunatelly...the release of a battle-pack or two will do...very little... in the way of bringing some life back into the CM community. Not even the release of full modules (CMFI, CMRT) has done much to raise the activity around here...Possibly with the exception of CMCW...

Nothing short of the release-...or atleast... the announcement of CM3 will get things rolling again it seems...

On 2/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

Let's hope that it is better than the last battle pack.

Wow... sorry, and I don't want to be perceived as trying to invalidate anyone's opinion, but this surprises me because I thought the first battle pack was amazing! It's so interesting how opinions can vary so widely. Expectations, maybe? It's definitely hard to be totally satisfied, though, when we have to wait so long between releases, no doubt about that.

Edited by sttp

More people would play multiplayer if using it didn't feel like you just got teleported back to 1999. Whether it's even possible to do with the current engine or not is a different question. With how much of a small, incremental improvement PBEM++ was, I'm thinking it isn't.

3 hours ago, Codreanu said:

More people would play multiplayer if using it didn't feel like you just got teleported back to 1999. 

Last time I played "multiplayer" was 1649. No hang on a minute, I'm forgetting the rematch with Charlie Stinkpot No.2 in 1651 but that was a piece of piss.