How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

48 minutes ago, David Jaros said:

Hi Guys i am thinking  how many of you must suffer with anxiety after visiting this Ukraine topic everyday 🙂

And I'm thinking that if you continue to do troll this thread I'll have to ban you from this Forum.  That won't cause anxiety, but I'd rather not have to do it.

Understood?

Steve

Something in or near Ishevsky exploded, a town ca. 1000km east of Moscow. There is a missile manufacturing plant there, and a site for decommissioned rocket fuel, but it is not yet known what exactly happened and why. There is also a small arms factory there.

Edited by Carolus

1 hour ago, David Jaros said:

Hi Guys i am thinking  how many of you must suffer with anxiety after visiting this Ukraine topic everyday 🙂

Sniff sniff sniff. 

Whats that gross smell... 

Troll? 

Definitely a stinky little troll. 

Back under your bridge, little buddy.

Off you go now. 

Edited by Kinophile

17 minutes ago, Carolus said:

Something in or near Ishevsky exploded, a town ca. 1000km east of Moscow. There is a missile manufacturing plant there, and a site for decommissioned rocket fuel, but it is not yet known what exactly happened and why. There is also a small arms factory there.

wonder if this causes anxiety for the trolls?

13 minutes ago, billbindc said:

Ah...sociopathy of trolling.  

This isn’t really trolling though.  Normally trolling is designed to induce a negative response or hijack a discussion by throwing inflammatory rhetoric.  

This is something else.  Trying to distract without detracting.  Oblique “hey look” over here.  More Faerie work within mythology.  Is Faerie-ing a thing?

Edited by The_Capt

Honestly, I don't know if I would call it "anxiety" but I have had nights where for hours I have been awake thinking about this war.

I understand how important this war is for the direction this world can go, and I will keep following it until it is finished and will keep supporting the good guys in this war no matter how long it takes.

Personally I do recommend once in a while disconnecting from the internet and spending some time with family, go on a hike in the woods or something.

But ultimately compared to Ukrainian soldiers on the front lines, I really have nothing to be anxious about.

32 minutes ago, Kinophile said:

The way the fireball (or cloud illuminated by the fire) fades so suddenly is striking. If it was just in one video I'd assume it was an artefact of the camera exposure changing,  but it happens in two of them,  and the rest of the illumination in the scene doesn't seem to change as much.  It looks as though the fireball is there at a constant(ish) level for 10+ seconds and then suddenly shuts off to nothing in the space of a second. 

I don't know that there's any great significance to it necessarily,  but it looks unusual. 

Edited by TheVulture

37 minutes ago, David Jaros said:

Do what you have to do Steve . I know human psychology and i know what judging  is doing it to your mental health . God bless you all 

I won't have to do anything if you don't troll post to this thread.  So it is 100% up to you.  But this was your only warning.

Steve

15 minutes ago, TheVulture said:

The way the fireball (or cloud illuminated by the fire) fades so suddenly is striking. If it was just in one video I'd assume it was an artefact of the camera exposure changing,  but it happens in two of them,  and the rest of the illumination in the scene doesn't seem to change as much.  It looks as though the fireball is there at a constant(ish) level for 10+ seconds and then suddenly shuts off to nothing in the space of a second. 

Yes, I think this hints at a substance that was almost totally consumed rapidly and thoroughly by the initial blast.  Very different from something like petroleum.

I'd think rocket fuel would behave like this.

Steve

I barely recognize the country I was born in any longer: 
“it still faces stiff headwinds in the Republican-led House, where right-wing lawmakers oppose sending additional assistance to Ukraine. Some have even threatened to oust Speaker Mike Johnson if he brings any bill to the floor that includes aid for Ukraine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/07/briefing/senate-ukraine-aid-vote-us-strike-iraq.html

Edited by NamEndedAllen

2 hours ago, Offshoot said:

Assault by Azov on three Russian positions in Kreminna forest. Video has handy overlays to understand the action better.  Closed captions are good.

Satchel charges... I think that's the first time I've seen those used.

Very interesting battle to see unfold.  Looks to be about a platoon sized force attacking 3 strong points, 1 of which was not operational and the other perhaps recently abandoned.  The third one put up a fight.  Didn't look like there were many Russians there, but who knows how many were in the dugouts.

Steve

37 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Satchel charges... I think that's the first time I've seen those used.

Very interesting battle to see unfold.  Looks to be about a platoon sized force attacking 3 strong points, 1 of which was not operational and the other perhaps recently abandoned.  The third one put up a fight.  Didn't look like there were many Russians there, but who knows how many were in the dugouts.

Steve

There was a video months ago of a U.S. volunteer in Ukrainian service who was making up satchel charges. I distinctly remembered him saying that so far more was better, and he made them bigger every time he made more.