How many at work while posting?

Guest Scott Clinton

99% of my posts are from work...I've got better things to do at home (like play with my Boy!) biggrin.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Work? What's that?

Actually, I'm very lucky, in that my situation at work gives me lots of 10 and 15 minute batchs of downtime - just right for catching up on CM Chat or turning around a PBEM turn.

And I'm the boss, so get to divvy up time as needed. Any situation where I can make a modest living and play CM to my hearts content is pretty goo. Ooops, a customer... gotta go

<---- Hybrid

I am working at home. My cablemodem / cable router based home network allows me to work from lazyboy, kitchen or bedroom.

Currently my work-at-home project includes: setting up Windows NT on Four Dual Intel 700 Mhz Processor 768 MB Servers, configuring Exchange, Proxy, and SQL. During the installation, setup and configuration phase for the servers I will have a Tektronix 850 Networked 14ppm 1200 DPI color Printer. Also responsible for building and deploying 38 PC's and Outlook Web Access (very cool configuration - Integrated Exchange add-in that provides Browser and Internet access to schedule, contacts, e-mail, todo). Of course cabling and communications are my responsibility as well.

So, I am posting from home/work.

Richard Kalajian

Same as Berlichtingen:

I can't face the net at home after tasting this sweet T1 connection at work.

And bless the people at Hewlett Packard who manufactured our work scanner: It won't work on NT so my computer is the only one in the office running Win98. Hence, CM demo. I don't think I'll be able to get away with the full game install here though... Poo.

GAFF

I post from work all day long!

(sadly I've been a littel too busy at work lately) should slow down next week smile.gif

and then when I get home I post as well, sometimes.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Macs where I work are just about antique. They belong in a museum. The pc's are either not connected or constantly occupied. frown.gif

The upside in my line of work is that I get a lot of free drinks. biggrin.gif

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

I used to until our IR people busted me. I had made the top ten users in the whole company and that's what brought me to their attention. I had something like 10,000 hits on Battlefront.com over the period of a month or two. Ten times as many as anything else I looked at.

I've gone cold turkey on all personal internet use since my boss confronted me back in March. SOB! Now I can just check the board once a day at home. frown.gif

I knew they could track my usage but I was amazed at the detail. Be careful guys. It's very embarrassing.

Glenn

Thankfully, I am the owner of my own company, so post/play at work and home. I just hired a new engineer and told him that I don't care what he uses the internet for provided (a) all teh work gets done, and (B) he doesn't get the company in any trouble by using it for something illegal.

I am considering telling him that his performance appraisal will be partly based on whether he can beat me in a double blind once a year.

------------------

desert rat wannabe