Rake Treeline Command (fire from point A to point B)

You can already kind of do that.....I often double click to select all units in a platoon I want to move in convoy.  Then I plot the move of the lead vehicle.  I then select the second vehicle, give it a 15 second pause and adjust its waypoints to match the first by dragging them.  Give the third vehicle a thirty second pause & repeat the process, etc. etc.  You need 'Show All Move Paths' turned on (Alt-P) to get the best from this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 11:34 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I often use 'the tank dance' when I'm brassing up fixed defences.....Target Briefly 15secs/Pause 15secs, Move 1m, Target Briefly 15secs/Pause 15secs, Reverse 1m, Target Briefly 15secs/Pause 15secs, Move 1m, etc. etc. until either all the targets, or my tank, are dead!  ;)

Was my go-to in SF1 in the dark days before the engine update and introduction of target briefly. Might make a return to try your little solution above for targeting 4 spaces briefly in a turn. 

On 11/28/2021 at 9:27 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It would be better to pause for ten seconds and target for fifteen.....Javelin can lock on in thirty seconds IIRC. 

Yes, I put pause for 10s and target briefly for 30s ( I just like to double click target order and pretend that will double the firepower :) )

On 11/29/2021 at 1:47 AM, Grey_Fox said:

15 seconds from spotting to firing for Javelin.

Regarding lock on time, I thought it is fixed at 15s in CMBS and 30s in CMSF (at least in original CMSF 1) . I did a test a couple days ago. it's no longer a fix value but seems to related to experience level with latest steam version. In CMSF 2 , a regular took 22s and an elite took 15s. In CMBS, a regular took 18s and an elite took 12s.  Might need a couple more tests to confirm this finding.