Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The Way You Kill a JS-II

Probus

The way you kill a JS-II is you get the first shot in.  Unfortunately, that wakes up the JS-II crew.

Then you get the second shot in.  That makes them angry cause you caused them to spill their tea.

The third shot misses the JS-II but kills the last of the Tankodesantniki. 

The forth shot is the JS-II hitting the tank that fired the first shot, exiting that tank and killing the tank behind it.

The fifth shot is actually a bomb from the Stuka flying overhead who saw the trouble on the the ground.  It doesn't technically kill the JS-II, but flips it over taking it out of action for a while.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:25 AM, George MC said:

They do run out of ammo quickly - so just keep your tanks hopping about...

Wasn't it also quite slow to shoot with? I think I read somewhere that it took a while to make it ready to shoot each time. Or was it maybe another one of the Soviet behemoths that was slow?

Edited by BornGinger

31 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

Wasn't it also quite slow to shoot with? I think I read somewhere that it took a while to make it ready to shoot each time. Or was it maybe another one of the Soviet behemoths that was slow?

Aye low ammo loadout (35ish rounds?) and two piece ammo - so yup slow to reload, and IIRC it equated to about half the rate of fire of the T-34/85, the other main tank at the time.