Lightly injured unable Buddy aid?

Seem to be having a recurring issue in different battles where lightly injured truppen will not buddy aid no matter how long they are left in the same tile as casualty. Can anyone confirm this? Are they considered unable to add to their (ammo) load because of their wounds?

3 hours ago, RMM said:

Are they considered unable to add to their (ammo) load because of their wounds?

I could be wrong, but I think that morale plays a role. Buddy aid when the situation has improved. Cautious and nervous troops are well cautious and nervous. They tend to ignore players orders at times. CM is very unclear about this. 

I think this is a bug. Many times this happens when the casualty falls on the boundary of two tiles, that is very likely cause the trouble you experienced.  Also , here is my guess,  if you try to use a team with very limit headcount they will usually refuse to aid. Sending a squad could work but not guarantee.   

I have a save file that a KIA pixeltruppen surrounded  by couple squads/teams on the adjacent four tiles but no one help even after couple min.  I will look for that save file later

Here is a screenshot of my current game

a two men Volkssturm Plt HQ team refuse to aid an injured comrade.

buddy aid 1.jpg

Lightly Injured = yellow?  There is no buddy aid for that. "It's just a flesh wound."  Their speed/endurance/ability to carry are reduced. Otherwise, good to go.

Wounded = Red. Yeah, sometimes it's tough to get to them. A face command (and some time) will help. Their buddies need to spot them and then move there. Suppression and morale may play into that response time. (Look for a stationary team/squad to have some members get a "moving" status.) Otherwise, try moving to the adjacent square and FACE back toward the WIA.

As a last ditch effort, use a few Pause commands and a SLOW. The turn (Wego) should end with your team/squad crawling across the location right on top of the WIA. At the next turn Command Phase, delete the rest of the SLOW. That drops the team right on top of the WIA. 

Finally, KIA get resolved in just a few seconds. Some WIA can get buddy aided for up to two full turns (in my experience).

29 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I thought he meant can a lightly wounded trooper render buddy aid. 

Crap. I think you're exactly correct!  Back to Reading Comprehension 101 for me.  ;)

Guess it's time to get some volunteers and yellow up some squads...

2 minutes ago, c3k said:

With any move tool there is a little pointer, with this you must plot very precisely to get on the right tile. If you're one tile off, they just let him bleed out. In case of a wounded, I split the unit high light the wounded and make a note of the tile. Seldom do I have a problem. I look also at the morale as I have now the perception that nervous and lower morale states don't take or are reluctant to take initiatives. Since you're a tester I would appreciate your opinion. Kind regards. 

40 minutes ago, c3k said:

Crap. I think you're exactly correct!  Back to Reading Comprehension 101 for me.  ;)

Well in contrast to the dark reddish brown you usually produce with your cannon fodder this should be a relatively better experience for your "Men".

1 minute ago, purpheart23 said:

Well in contrast to the dark reddish brown you usually produce with your cannon fodder this should be a relatively better experience for your "Men".

LOL...those dark reddish brown blemishes? My men covet those "Honor Marks".  Frequently, I've overhead them as they discuss the likelihood of their achieving such exalted status. "Gor! I wonder what lucky sods won't return from THIS mission!" is not uncommonly heard. Lucky indeed...  ;)

10 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Cautious and nervous troops are well cautious and nervous. They tend to ignore players orders at times

This is almost certainly what is happening.  I often use the lightly WIA troops to give buddy aid as they are less likely to perform well in combat.  But, yes if they are "upset" it may take many turns for them to function, if they ever do at all.