Russia massing forces April 2021

danfrodo

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything on the forum about this.  Russia says it's just for exercises while at the same time saying it has right to intervene within Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians from persecution.  There's tons of videos showing armor being brought in on trains, supplies being moved up.  Oh my.  Meanwhile, Ukraine asking for more military support ASAP from US et al.

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything on the forum about this.  Russia says it's just for exercises while at the same time saying it has right to intervene within Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians from persecution.  There's tons of videos showing armor being brought in on trains, supplies being moved up.  Oh my.  Meanwhile, Ukraine asking for more military support ASAP from US et al.

• 2 weeks later...

Putin may be a lot of things, but he isn't stupid.  A full on attack on Ukraine would have been too big a provocation to the West.  Russia is already economically hurting.  The loss of that Nuclear contract in the Czech Republic would be nothing compared to what would come.  Putin does know how to grab attention, but in this case it doesn't seem to have achieved much.  On the other hand you can expect that NATO is going to have a much different stance now especially with a US leadership much more inclined to increase it's activities with NATO.