Small yappy dogs....can they be used as barrel cleaners for the 105mm?

Sure, will be in CM2 as well! biggrin.gif

Then modders will mod the dogs according to the different divisions they served and season of the year.

Hey Tiger, where's my winter Scottish terrier mod man?

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

No, yappy dogs are a little too big for 105mm. You need whiney cats. Now, 155mm is a different story.

WWB

------------------

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salatamus.

FWIW I found this anecdote at the For Him magazine site (www.fhmus.com)under the "True Stories" link. Sounds a little too good to be true, but funny nonetheless...

As a young gunner, I was operating a battle tank on a live firing exercise when we were told that an important general was coming to visit. After a few hours, the order came through to cease fire, and the tanks rumbled out of the greenery to form a neat line for the general's arrival. He came in by helicopter and, with a small, yappy Scottish terrier under his arm, he made his way along the tanks, briefly introducing himself to everyone. When he reached our tank, he climbed aboard for a quick look around and patted us all on the back before quickly heading back to his helicopter for an aerial view of our target practice session. As we advanced into position, I saw my first target and shouted up to the loader to arm the gun. After reaching in the charge bag, however, he suddenly withdrew his hand with a loud scream, and I turned to see the general's dog with its teeth firmly clamped on my irritable partner's arm. Angry beyond belief, he pushed the dog into the barrel of the 120mm gun, slammed the breach closed, looked at me and bellowed, "Fire!" In the heat of the moment, I nodded grimly and pulled the trigger. The slobbering pup left our tank at Mach three, and the spotters radioed through that the general was impressed by our accuracy.

Name and address withheld

[This message has been edited by Glider Rider (edited 11-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glider Rider:

The slobbering pup left our tank at Mach three...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's disgusting! Everyone knows that only hamsters and gerbils can attain such velocities. biggrin.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glider Rider:

...The slobbering pup left our tank at Mach three, and the spotters radioed through that the general was impressed by our accuracy...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Careful now, we're venturing into dangerous waters, I just hope this thread doesn't degenerate into 20 pages of discussion on how CM doesn't correctly model the penetration or accuracy of HVSC rounds (Hyper Velocity, Small Canine) rounds.

I can see it now …

I read once that, due to its favorable length to diameter ratio, a dachshund fired from a Pak 37 could frontally penetrate the turret armor of a Sherman Jumbo …

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

I read once that, due to its favorable length to diameter ratio, a dachshund fired from a Pak 37 could frontally penetrate the turret armor of a Sherman Jumbo...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please be more explicit in your descriptions. You are referring to the 'miniature' dachshund being fired from the Pak 37. Standard dachshund were used exclusively in Pak 75's.

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

Well, if it was the Brits...

They would have to carefully weigh and measure the small yapping canine in question.

As stated in the 9 of March, 1940 British

Army Weapons' Repair Manual:

"...only mammals (ie rodents, felines, canines, and midgets) of proper diameter and weight can be employed in gun barrel maintenance... make certain to properly fasten every portion, of said mammal, to..."

Those silly UK folks are very innovative ya'know...

Stone biggrin.gif