PC Graphic Card Choices - Any views welcome?

So I have decided to update my old rig which is about 7 years old.

I have on Pre-Order a 3060 Ti Graphics card (in a brand new PC build) that is being difficult to source and they have offered some other choices...

What other options do I have?

1. Continue waiting patiently, and we thank you kindly

2. Cancel your order and we'll be sad to see you go

3. We have the following alternative graphics cards available (better selection than last time!):

23 x RTX 2060 6GB - Downgrade - Refund -£181.50

1 x RTX 2060 Super 8GB - Downgrade - Refund -£100.00

>50 x RTX 3060 12GB - Downgrade** - Refund -£78.89 (this card was released yesterday at 5pm)

6 x Asus STRIX RTX 3060 12GB - Downgrade** - there is no price difference on these cards, so I'm unable to offer a refund

>50 x RTX 3070 8GB* - Upgrade - +£179.76

14 x AMD RX 6800 16GB* - Upgrade - +£179.76

5 x AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB* - Upgrade - +£351.00

I will now do some google Fuu to see what these options mean....

Not sure I want to spring for the +£179 options but if people have any views about these options I would be grateful....

Cheers

For CM it shouldn't make much difference indeed, although I seem to have a bit better performance on huge battles with 3080 vs previous 1080. Could be just imagination though.

I did hear that the 3060ti is a great card price/performance and close to a 3070. So for certain games there might be a noticeable difference.

Any card from 3060 on up will be perfect to play pretty much any games over the next few years. If you are into VR, you may have to look at 3070 or 3080 to have good performance.

I have been wanting to upgrade to a 3060ti/3070/3080 for a couple of months, but they are impossible to find unless you are willing to pay a huge premium.

34 minutes ago, Sgt Joch said:

Any card from 3060 on up will be perfect to play pretty much any games over the next few years. If you are into VR, you may have to look at 3070 or 3080 to have good performance.

I have been wanting to upgrade to a 3060ti/3070/3080 for a couple of months, but they are impossible to find unless you are willing to pay a huge premium.

Depends on resolution and frames. I was lucky and got my 3080 for ~150+ eur compared to what they were asking for 3070s in December. I was planning to go for 3070 but since were talking about 500+ anyway I thought might as well put in the extra. For CM the difference is probably not measurable. But it is nice to be able to run things on 150fps if only because my monitor supports 165hz refresh rate with GSYNC ;-).
Still if/when I feel the need to upgrade my 7700K I'll be good with this card at a 15-20% premium and indeed VR is interesting as well. Don't have it yet, but I'm contemplating to buy something mature enough to last a while.

20 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Still if/when I feel the need to upgrade my 7700K I'll be good with this card at a 15-20% premium and indeed VR is interesting as well. Don't have it yet, but I'm contemplating to buy something mature enough to last a while.

VR is still in the early stages, but yes, it is mind blowing. I have 1st gen Oculus Rift and playing flight simulators like IL-2 or shooters like Half-Life Alex is on another level. You are actually inside the game in a 360 degree 3D environment. Once you get used to it, it is hard going back to playing on a flat 2d monitor.

I would swing at a card that has excellent openGL performance. that includes the old 1080ti, but i believe the RTX might have the top spots. I have to check again.

AMD will run the leanest, giving the most performance for the least power consumption (By a large margin).

I noticed dramatic improvement in map size loading ability with different gpus. On a gtx 670 I could load radzy 5x5km fine. On a gtx 480, not as fast.. and now that my gtx480 burned out (my lazy ass fault) I can't play maps bigger than a couple km on each side.