NEW ERA OF KOHLENKLAU MODS (2021)

5 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I use Affinity Photo I paid AUS$55 for it last year. No subscription it is yours! It will open PS files too with layers included. As good? I found Affinity Photo better. 

Hi Chucky. I spent a few days in Bunbury W.A. in 1985 when our battlegroup pulled into Perth.

I am going to try GiMP at first. But I will make a note of your suggestion.

3 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Hi Chucky. I spent a few days in Bunbury W.A. in 1985 when our battlegroup pulled into Perth.

I am going to try GiMP at first. But I will make a note of your suggestion.

Already 35 years ago. Always welcome to stop by if you come again. Fremantle is the Port and closed for now. It means seamen can't leave their ships. In 1985 I was in the Pilbara region of the state. If you know Photoshop, you will take to Affinity like a duck to water. 

4 hours ago, Malaspina said:

Great to see you back too!

If you still have energies after all this work and you ever decide to make an Italian partisan mod for CMFI I might be able to help with the voices and text

Ciao amico!

A CMFI Partisan Mod is definitely more of a feasible possibility AFTER the new CMRT F&R module is released. Correct me if I am wrong, my vision is that this CMFI Partisan Mod would be Italian partisans speaking Italian with Italian names in place of one of the Allies (we'd pick after careful consideration) versus the normal German axis opponent.

Do me a favor and please make yourself a reminder to contact me this October or so and we can start formal discussions to get a CMFI Partisan Mod team organized and lay out tasks and ideas. I appreciate your suggestion and am looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

KOHLENKLAU EDITORIAL: We have been waiting for 7.5 years for a module to CMRT. The sugarplum ferry dreams of Barbarossa for sure, probably even Don Campaign/Fall Blau or sadly even Zitadelle will not become reality until years and years from now or even await CMX3. So, my mods will always try to push the edge of what we have and what we can do to TRY to portray the earlier war phases with a balanced acceptance of what we can tolerate for realism and historical accuracy trade-offs. Right? For some purists of high standard, it will be intolerable. I hope those that download these new mods in the future, try with an open mind to enjoy them and understand what we attempted and why it isn't perfect based on our limitations as modders.

One gets the impression there is a lot of interest in early war.  Certainly in the final 5 years of CM1 fandom before we all went over to the WW2 CM2 games, all the tournaments were set in the 41-43 era.  1942 and 1943 were the most interesting years as the forces were more equal, and there was equal opportunity for attacking.  The trouble with late war period is that the Germans are nearly always defending and/or the few Axis attacks were rather desperate with understrength formations.