Jump to content

NEW ERA OF KOHLENKLAU MODS (2021)


Recommended Posts

Hello guys,

I have taken a nice long break from CM and as the CMRT F&R module is just around the bend, I am rested and ready to resurrect some of my old projects and press forward with my humble abilities. Of course I must pause to mention that they were only possible through the help of many of you out there. Credit where credit is due!

FINN MOD

HUNGARIAN MOD

SAPPER UNIFORM MOD (AMOEBA COVERALLS)

CHOLM '42 MOD

****************************************************

Maybe some folks can help me? I have atrophied on some of my CM related skills and know-how...

Q1. Is dropbox the thing I should use or is there something better? I would eventually upload to CMMODS of course but I always loved the freedom of sending dropbox links so people could try out my mods or or scenarios and provide quick feedback.

Q2. I guess photobucket is mad at me, I used to see my images plain but now they say photobucket across them. For future image hosting and posting here, what is best?

Q3. I had a free download of photoshop but now it seems to always crash. Is there something else free that I can open my old photoshop files with?

I appreciate any advice on the above Q's. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Q3. I had a free download of photoshop but now it seems to always crash. Is there something else free that I can open my old photoshop files with?

It has nowhere near the features as Photoshop, from what I'm told, but Paint.NET has a 3rd party plugin that enables both the loading and saving of Photoshop .PSD files so you could at least access them to see how it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use Finnish and Hungarian mods, which I have modified myself for my needs. I use the free GiMP program which has most of Photoshop's features and opens Photoshop files. I can help you create mods a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Suchy said:

I use Finnish and Hungarian mods, which I have modified myself for my needs. I use the free GiMP program which has most of Photoshop's features and opens Photoshop files. I can help you create mods a little.

@Suchy Excellent! Mods are like a warm woman in a cold Eastern Front village. Cuddle up and make her yours! Adapt them and tweak to your own satisfaction. I will shoot you a PM and maybe we can work together to whatever degree you can take on. Glad to have collaborators. Thanks sir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I would love to see an expansion of your impressive Finn mod to winter uniforms. 

Glad to see you full of energy again, Phil!

@Aragorn2002 Sometimes just using the new module features is very easy or less difficult, especially if on the exterior, the parka or snow smock is not much different between F&R Germans and the Finn Mod Finns. And then the Soviet opponents are already winterized courtesy of the BFC professionals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Double Deuce said:

It has nowhere near the features as Photoshop, from what I'm told, but Paint.NET has a 3rd party plugin that enables both the loading and saving of Photoshop .PSD files so you could at least access them to see how it works.

@Double Deuce I do have paint.NET and love it for making scenario briefings and tactical maps and some other simple stuff. But you are right, it has less features for the hard core modding of uniforms, in my 2 cents opinion. Thanks for reminding me it can load .PSD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

Hello guys,

I have taken a nice long break from CM and as the CMRT F&R module is just around the bend, I am rested and ready to resurrect some of my old projects and press forward with my humble abilities. Of course I must pause to mention that they were only possible through the help of many of you out there. Credit where credit is due!

FINN MOD

HUNGARIAN MOD

SAPPER UNIFORM MOD (AMOEBA COVERALLS)

CHOLM '42 MOD

****************************************************

Maybe some folks can help me? I have atrophied on some of my CM related skills and know-how...

Q1. Is dropbox the thing I should use or is there something better? I would eventually upload to CMMODS of course but I always loved the freedom of sending dropbox links so people could try out my mods or or scenarios and provide quick feedback.

Q2. I guess photobucket is mad at me, I used to see my images plain but now they say photobucket across them. For future image hosting and posting here, what is best?

Q3. I had a free download of photoshop but now it seems to always crash. Is there something else free that I can open my old photoshop files with?

I appreciate any advice on the above Q's. Thanks.

 

Very nice Idea to created your corner like me @kohlenklau !

Hope to see news things, but also sleeping mods since long time ago, like Hungarian Romanian Findland...but also see that you comment like me, good or bad on the forum I would very appreciated, also dinosaures modders, because me, I am polite enough to comment it,  I dont have to tell everybodys, they know who they are ! but  also new modder like  @JMDECC that I appreciated his news things...

JM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I am rested and ready to resurrect some of my old projects and press forward

Q1. Is dropbox the thing I should use or is there something better? I would eventually upload to CMMODS of course but I always loved the freedom of sending dropbox links so people could try out my mods or or scenarios and provide quick feedback.

Q2. I guess photobucket is mad at me, I used to see my images plain but now they say photobucket across them. For future image hosting and posting here, what is best?

:)  +1 Great to see you back at it.  Fire & Rubble, Cold War and kohlenklau.  2021 is going to be a good year.  :)   Now where is @Mord?  

EDIT: Forgot to say.

I like Dropbox.  That's what I use.

After Photobuckets vandalism I switched to imgur.  imgur is free.  

Edited by MOS:96B2P
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

@3j2m7 Hey JM, I just visited your corner. Excellent modding with Blender! I don't even know exactly what that is but I can see you have skills to get some great new stuff into the game. Thanks

Really appreciated yours comments @kohlenklau I try always to do something for the community, but first for myself 😄 I would like so much exporting this truck  but I m block wih something that  I dont know...than when is working one day for sure, with others vehicles, also for CMCW, and have some Ideas already for F and R ...

If I can let you a hand let me know !

JM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

Would you feel like cutting away at some point for a TUNISIA resurrection??!! 😉....

Nice seeing you back again.

@Blazing 88's That is a fair and very good question. I think of course YES! based on my personality of "dabbling" back and forth in projects. I got remarried about 3 years ago and my new wife and I are a lot alike (a good thing!) in that regard of bouncing between projects. As long as they eventually get finished of course!

One good thing for CMFI AFRICA MOD is that F&R gives us the Valentine. Or did CMFI already have it? I forget. I haven't bought CMFI R2V yet but I can commit to buying it later this year and swinging back to CMFI based mods. I have to consult my notes and old posts but I remember failing to bring the domed mosque into the mod. I will look at my old forum PM's and there was a fine modder (name eludes me) who was cranking out 1942/43 era US Army and Wehrmacht vehicles for Kasserine Pass. There is a ton of possibility there. And I really do not know what has elapsed since I went AWOL, maybe it has evolved under his leadership.  So, set me an alarm in your calendar for September 2021 and remind me to fire up the Wadi Crossing juices! Deal?

 

Edited by kohlenklau
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

 a welcome Idea @Blazing 88's, @kohlenklau 

now you have something to do, Hun Rom Fin are waiting for you, but also the hot sun from Tunisia,  finish to dream with some kisses and drinks  ! 

Hey JM, well, as far as I know, there is no CMRT Romanian Mod. I did a quick forum search and 0 results. Does anyone know if anything is in CMMODS for CMRT Romanian Mod? 

If the answer is no, then then we gotta start it up. I will wait a few days til anyone chimes in with a firm answer and if still no CMRT Romanian Mod is out there, then I will fire up a new thread to offer to lead the charge as a team effort of interested partners. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Hey JM, well, as far as I know, there is no CMRT Romanian Mod. I did a quick forum search and 0 results. Does anyone know if anything is in CMMODS for CMRT Romanian Mod? 

If the answer is no, then then we gotta start it up. I will wait a few days til anyone chimes in with a firm answer and if still no CMRT Romanian Mod is out there, then I will fire up a new thread to offer to lead the charge as a team effort of interested partners. 

I don t thinks so but I could make some research to find textures and in others games and let you know, anywhay I folllow you if you need help !

ps in a couple of minuts somes news on my corner !

JM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have already differents kind of helmets in CM without searching very far for the time no counting the soviet !

So I think we can find something similar helmet for Romanian or Bulgaria or others german satelites units   ...

 

<img src=blender-2021-02-26-19-39-17-97.jpg

 

JM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Suchy OK, I will take that as Gospel and I will go open a new thread to get the ball rolling. 

@3j2m7 JM, yes, I must admit when I contemplated the CMRT Romanian Mod that I thought of you with your blender modding for asking for a Romanian M39 helmet. We can also "borrow" the French "Adrian" helmet from CMFI R2V. I am no expert on the Romanian Army but we'll talk more in the new thread...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2021 at 2:28 AM, kohlenklau said:

Hello guys,

I have taken a nice long break from CM and as the CMRT F&R module is just around the bend, I am rested and ready to resurrect some of my old projects and press forward with my humble abilities. Of course I must pause to mention that they were only possible through the help of many of you out there. Credit where credit is due!

FINN MOD

HUNGARIAN MOD

SAPPER UNIFORM MOD (AMOEBA COVERALLS)

CHOLM '42 MOD

****************************************************

Maybe some folks can help me? I have atrophied on some of my CM related skills and know-how...

Q1. Is dropbox the thing I should use or is there something better? I would eventually upload to CMMODS of course but I always loved the freedom of sending dropbox links so people could try out my mods or or scenarios and provide quick feedback.

Q2. I guess photobucket is mad at me, I used to see my images plain but now they say photobucket across them. For future image hosting and posting here, what is best?

Q3. I had a free download of photoshop but now it seems to always crash. Is there something else free that I can open my old photoshop files with?

I appreciate any advice on the above Q's. Thanks.

I use Affinity Photo I paid AUS$55 for it last year. No subscription it is yours! It will open PS files too with layers included. As good? I found Affinity Photo better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...