Some tank duel tests (CMBN)

The latest - and last - update of spotting ability, with German tank destroyers and assault guns added. No big surprises there.

yV2Z7AM.png

It is the last update because my old computer started complaining loudly about the ordeal I've been putting it through. I still want to squeeze a few more miles out of my old friend, so I promised him no more CM testing.

Edited by Drifter Man

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed sharing and discussing this stuff here.

On 4/22/2022 at 3:59 AM, KGBoy said:

And here I thought robots can't complain! Perhaps Mr. Computer threatened to start a union?

I believe that this time, the will of the man outlasted the will of the machine. It played thousands of hours of CM.

• 1 month later...

This is probably very hard to test, but how much do damaged/destroyed optics hamper the spotting/hitting ability of an unbuttoned tank? Realistically the commander should have no problem finding the target but it'd be hard for the gunner to actually hit anything looking through a piece of shattered glass.

6 minutes ago, Codreanu said:

the gunner to actually hit anything looking through a piece of shattered glass.

I think they looked through the breach and the barrel if they saw a tank on the other side, they shot at it. That way you're restricted to point blank range. An experienced commander could do it by reckoning 100 meters is a length of a football field. An infantry effective range can be calculated. Forget about engaging over a km. 

On 6/21/2022 at 10:09 AM, Codreanu said:

This is probably very hard to test, but how much do damaged/destroyed optics hamper the spotting/hitting ability of an unbuttoned tank? Realistically the commander should have no problem finding the target but it'd be hard for the gunner to actually hit anything looking through a piece of shattered glass.

Not much harder that the standard spotting and gun accuracy tests. One would just need to carefully remove the optics without breaking anything else, probably using an air attack.

Unfortunately, with my backup laptop out of order, I had to put all testing on hold. It would be interesting to know the answer.