CMBN - Les Charne Scenario - How Many Pz IVs Do You See

Bannon

Happy 2021 everyone and let's hope for safe, healthy, and prosperous year.

Now down to business: My opponent for the scenario at the following link sees five Pz IVs but I see only two. Both of us are running v4.03 of Battle for Normandy and I've gone so far as to reload my Windows 10 system and reinstall the program. Nothing I've done changed the German player from having only two panzers. Has anyone else experienced this? What might be the cause and remedy?

Meeting Engagement at Les Charne (thefewgoodmen.com)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Although I'm not with tech support you might want to post a screenshot so they can see what you are seeing or zip a file so you can send it to them. 

Also Tech Support doesn't do any troubleshooting from here. Go to the Main page, click on Support, then Help Desk and in the upper right hand side click on New Ticket and fill in the required information. That will create a ticket for them to work on and they will get back to you with that.

By the way I see 5 PZ IV's.

24 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

I don’t understand what you mean by “seeing” 2 or 5 panzers. The German player should see all of his assets and the opponent may or may not (probably not) see them, depending on a host of things.

Agreed but I read it to mean that Bannon is the German player and only sees two of his five PzIVs?

Reloading (?) Windows and reinstalling CM seems a little extreme but whatever might work I suppose...

I'll try to be brief ...

I played this scenario as the Germans and the only armor I had were the two panzers. At the time I didn't know the person I was playing against had played this scenario before. At the conclusion, when he was able to see the ending map and forces, he pretty much said "what the hell, where are your other three panzers". So, that's how I discovered the issue. When he loads the scenario as the Germans he sees five panzers and I just discovered so does Commanderski.

I have photos I can upload to Tech Support but I wanted to try this forum in case others have seen something similar.

That is weird! My comp fried 2weeks ago so I can’t check it out myself, but I can’t even begin to imagine how that could happen. Either of you using a flavor object mod? Or a mod that makes one vehicle look like another (by swapping skeletons of, say, a truck with T34, etc.)?

Flavor objects are things like street lights, park benches and other objects that add flavor to a map. You can mod them to look like other things, including vehicles, but they have no intrinsic value to the game. They are like cardboard cutouts in real life. Anyway, if both of you have a vanilla installs, you won’t have any mods in your games at all.

I did as the Germans. However, since that time I have downloaded the scenario again and asked my opponent to send me his copy of the scenario and in every instance I get the same result. Even here, several folks have opened the scenario to find five panzers versus my two.

Mystery solved! John in Tech Support uncovered that this scenario requires the Vehicle Pack. Once I purchased and activated that all five panzers showed up.

I want to thank all of you for your responses and input. Thanks everyone, stay safe, and let's all have a great 2021!

• 1 month later...